Afking in ctf and double domination should be banable

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Afking in ctf and double domination should be banable

Post by nightshark »

BlaiseDad wrote:Nah, just dump any offending character in the Jail for 24-48hrs.
That will be annoying enought to make people think twice before sign-ups....or taking care of their children IRL (ppfffft)
Anyone can dump a character with no skills into a DD/CTF, having that character jailed for 24/48 hours is not going to bother them in the slightest.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I like the events because it gives the less pvp-hardcore players like myself an opportunity to get some silver and have some fun without having to worry about someone looting everything. Yes, I know it's UO and yes I know it's a pvp based shard, but there are those of us who don't pvp very much and things like CTF are good practice for the casual players who don't want to run out and get instapwn'd. Keep in mind there is more to UO than hally mages.

On the other end, I do think some changes need to be made to the system and I think automated events should only be held if there is a GM present to keep an eye on it. It's a lot to ask, but I think it's needed after what I saw the other night which is someone using archerbots in CTF. There were two of them and one was set to follow the other. I tried paging but no one was around.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

code to auto kick inactive players and have a queue so someone else can get in?

or

ban ip for multiple offenses
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous