T2A Accuracy Discrepancies (with a focus on PvP)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: T2A Accuracy Discrepancies (with a focus on PvP)

Post by Faust »

I am positive that when you target a spell it would fizzle when you have a weapon equipped. The auto unequip upon target was a feature added around pub 15 or 16.

I will confirm this on the demo when I get the chance. I know for sure that it doesn't auto unequip when casting though. Here I never paid much attention to this feature because I thought razor was doing it bypassing the code on UOSA.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

alatar wrote:this is exactly how it worked
I concur.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Ill comment on two things...

First, horse stamina. Yes, its waaaay to high here. I remember clearly my first horse. It was shortly after T2A came out and I was in delucia. My brother told me to name it Shadowfax and I stupidly did not knowing that in doing so I was clumped in with all of the Drizzt's and Gandalfs. Lol.

Anyway...I remember clearly I could not make it from delucia to the northern bridge (the one near the skele city) without having to feed the horse. If I kept my horse well fed, I would get better distance out of it but often times I would walk around to 'save' the stamina for running from a pk. Lol.

This is a big thing on my list that I hope gets fixed. Mainly because with everyone on high speed now, horses are insane. Lol.

Second, chaos/order murders get dropped. I knew about this one but I kept it quiet selfishly, lol. Yes, if you became a murderer then you were dropped from Order/Chaos. This is one of the reasons the Bloodrock always had a rule that said "do not become a murderer". Because when people did, they got booted from our guild.

On GL we had tons of wars and so it wasn't a huge problem, we always had people to fight. On a lower population server it seems much more difficult to get people to war you and not bring their blue alt. I tend to agree with the first poster who commented on this in which I feel that given the population it may be best to leave this change out for the time being. There aren't enough order/chaos as it is, limiting them further would suck.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Avo

Post by Avo »

Yes I'de really like to see the stamina change on a horse, cause i remember running out fairly quick as well.

as for weapon skills, i dont know what can be done about that. But my *miss* *miss* *miss* at gm is really annoying.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:I am positive that when you target a spell it would fizzle when you have a weapon equipped. The auto unequip upon target was a feature added around pub 15 or 16.

I will confirm this on the demo when I get the chance. I know for sure that it doesn't auto unequip when casting though. Here I never paid much attention to this feature because I thought razor was doing it bypassing the code on UOSA.
I confirmed that equipped items did restrict spell targetting on the demo yesterday. Derrick will more than likely fix this when he gets a chance.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Thanks, Faust. Did you get a chance to test MA/harm/debuff/self disrupts on the demo?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh, yes I did get a chance to test that. I was unable to retrieve any usable data on that subject matter sadly. The demo is rather sluggish for most functions on it. I was hoping to be able to attempt a "des mani" on myself while trying to cast a greater heal directly after to disrupt that spell. Since there were no skill delays applied to casting at that time I thought it was a slim chance at doing it. However, there is still some hope for this. I was told casting was deactivated for creatures on it. I found that this was in fact not true. I am going to attempt to either get to the point where I can summon an elemental with a scroll or somehow manage to lead a mage out of town somehow for testing. Hopefully I will eventually get some usable results for this issue.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

I look forward to the results.

I imagine self disrupts would be a pretty easy one to test, though; you'd just cast a spell and drag a weapon to your paperdoll.

Faust

Post by Faust »

If you're talking about casting while disrupting the spell sequence by equipping a weapon, than I already know the results for that. During pre-t2a it is well known that you could continue casting when you equipped a weapon, and would still be able to target the spell as long as you didn't get disturbed from damage. This bug exists on the demo and was removed early on when insta hit was implemented. When you equip a weapon while casting during the majority of t2a it would disrupt the spell casting and display a particular message. I'll have to look at my scripts at home to get the exact function for this.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Arcanus wrote:I disagree about self disrupts. One of my keen memories from the era when learning how to play a tank mage was getting a feel for casting times so I could equip a weapon the very moment the spell was up. Disrupting myself by equipping too early happened a lot. It striked me as incredibly odd when I came on this server and saw that equipping a weapon was blocked when casting a spell.

There is not a single doubt in my mind, after all the PvPing and dueling I did back in the era, that you manually had to unequip before targeting a spell. I particularly remember missing an e-bolt killshot in a duel because my halberd failed to unequip. The placement of my arming/disarming and last target hotkeys (I used UOE) was a conscious decision based on the ability to effectively perform these maneuvers (arm, disarm, and last target).

I feel that the no self-disrupts and auto-unequipping functionality we see here today are results of OSI's toying with the mechanics after they neutered precasting and instahit.
If you equiped a weapon during casting you got bugged, it didnt interrupt your casting time, but it did prevent the spell from casting.
So if you equiped during and e-bolt, you would continue doing the casting motion with the weapon in your hand and when the spell completed, if the weapon was still equiped the spell failed and most of the time you would get bugged and your weapon would be stuck in your hands.
If you used UOE, UOE and several other programs had a feature/script that could stop your casting, which OSI disable with a patch, it was not part of the UO client/game.
On OSI If you equiped a weapon during casting, after the casting completed you got bugged, the spell failed 100% of the time cause your hands are full and half the time your weapon would get stuck in your hands and you couldnt un-equip it and you had to log off and log back on and you would find the weapon un-equipped in your backpack. Even if you managed to get the weapon out of your hands after casting completed you would still get the message "your hands are full" if you tried to cast. Only your own trapped pouches could interrupt your casting without bugging you and preventing you from casting.
I used to get so fucking pissed cause I would have to take 5-10 min to log off and log back on in a vulnerable hostile area, since you couldnt cast, you couldnt recall to insta log at an inn or house.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

I vaguely remember a UOE bug that required you to re-log, but if it was caused any time you equipped while casting, I would’ve gotten it a lot more often than I remember (only a handful of times).

I tried looking up info on UOE to see a features list, but was unsuccessful. Which feature are you talking about? I don’t recall one which allowed you to cancel a spell in mid-cast. I remember a feature which would auto-recast when you got disrupted, but that was a terrible feature (endless recasting while surrounded by mobs, lol).

At least Faust remembers self disrupts... :(

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Moongates: Dispel field used to only dispel one side of the moongate, it was good for house trapping because you could pre-emptively deny them the chance to go back through the gate.

Spells: As for using items with a spell casted... I know drinking potions used to cancel the target cursor, but I am sure without a doubt that during T2A (and this was changed during T2A if I recall) you could load a corpse, cast recall, and drag and drop items out in order to make a hasty escape. This has worked on this shard, and it was accurate to my knowledge. How do we distinguish between these types of items and arming halberds/katanas? Well, perhaps make it so item USE cancels the spell but item movement doesn't.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Many results based on this discussion is up on the test uo second age server. The following address for this server is below. Please test it out and give feedback.

test.uosecondage.com:2593