Assasin template question

Moderator: Support Moderators

Gr3nd3l

Re: Assasin template question

Post by Gr3nd3l »

holy crap Archaic.. Stop making sense!

Incredible Talking Heads album, by the way.
I often quote myself; it adds credibility to my argument.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Gr3nd3l wrote:I guess then what is the minumum skill tracking makes sense in an agressive stealth gank build.
High enough that you may as well make it 100. You could get by with like 50, but you'd basically walk onto a screen, Track, see no one, walk another screen and a half, Track, walk another screen and a half, etc. Very slow.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

In theory saying you'll just use the invis spell so you don't need to GM hiding sounds good, but in practice you'll find yourself in a lot of situations that you want to use the hide skill in a pinch to break LoS on someone chasing you and then cast recall when they begin to cast reveal.

I think it's all too easy to deal in absolutes or ideal scenarios when you're coming up with a build and then you learn the hard way that ideal situations are the exception not the rule.

Gr3nd3l

Post by Gr3nd3l »

20 tracking is not used in this template to 'search' for a target. We are assuming you already have a runes marked primed to sneak up on great farming spots, with lazy farmers.

So then, you are already snapping out of stealth when your target is at half life taking a flamestrike from a mob.

It counters a panic move on your target if they run and hide on you, assuming they can't get a emergency recall out.

20 Tracking will zero in on someone 1.5 screens away (confirmed this on the test server). It's purely an aggressive move, and if somehow the tables turn on you, and you are on the defense, gtfo.

Your alternative is use exp pots where you think they are, or run around and hope to bump into them.

Yeah, it's a pure evil build. Assassin right?
I often quote myself; it adds credibility to my argument.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

And then when you cast reveal they cast recall. I really don't see a huge upside to this other than hoping your traget has no recall rune.

But that's just my opinion, if you feel you can work it out and have fun with it then I encourage you to do so.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You can get away with 80 hiding, but if the choice is between GMing it and having 20 tracking it's better to GM it. 20 tracking is mostly used for persuing another stealther that casts invisibility on self and starts stealthing right off, or as a precaution so you don't step on the toes of someone else who is stealthing with you.

It's better on a mounted PK then it is on a stealth one.

You will be coming in hidden. If they are hiding alot after looting or casting an EV or something you just have to wait for them to come back out of hiding to get their position really. Since most "PVM" templates don't involve stealth, tracking isn't that useful...if you were running in with a red name blaring causing people to run offscreen and hide then it might be more useful. Sometimes you don't know if they hid or recalled when they ran off after they seen you...thing is they aren't going to see you.

That's why I offered the suggestion of an alt tracker/gater with Detect Hidden. It's okay to make a spy seperate from your assassin to ensure you aren't falling into an ambush. Because in an ambush one of theirs whose tracking is far superior will know you are there way before you'd realize they were. You don't have enough skill points for all that.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.