lesser heal healed less

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
morganm

Re: lesser heal healed less

Post by morganm »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
morganm wrote:
nightshark wrote:topic #1000 about the inaccuracy of mini heal, but the only evidence ever found regarding mini heal points that what we have is accurate

The source is the demo, but we also have an era screenshot with a mini heal that falls within the range of what we have on UOSA:
http://pages.infinit.net/canac/UO0084.jpg
That guy's desktop is a mess
For sho. Check out mine.

http://i.imgur.com/UMLb2.jpg
Much better!

I like an organized desktop myself... http://my.uosecondage.com/Pics/View/471

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

nightshark wrote:
Matty wrote:a SINGLE miniheal? that's my point. those 14 hp heals were random. 6-14 is what i remember. there's gotta be someway to prove miniheal is off.
a single mini heal and the exact code extracted from the demo.
The DEMO should never be the end all about accuracy, that's ridiculous. You don't think the game was changed after the DEMO was made? There's a glass sword for heavensakes, and a lot of the mechanics in the demo I remember feeling MUCH different than live shards in 1999.

Mini heal, heals too much. Obviously we'll never be 100% accurate even if we try, so let's go with player memories instead of the demo. We don't have anything to lose, but if pvp keeps being the way it is where no one wants to use spells as much because mini heal nullifies all damage then we may keep losing pvpers and interest in pvp.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

no

just because it was easier to kill people in era doesnt mean miniheal was weaker. it may have been weaker but thats not a good reason to reduce its effectiveness. there were many more pvpers on osi that had no clue what they were doing plus there was significantly fewer 7x gms around. both factors more than account for the disparity in how hard it is to kill people here vs real t2a

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Panthor the Hated wrote:no

just because it was easier to kill people in era doesnt mean miniheal was weaker. it may have been weaker but thats not a good reason to reduce its effectiveness. there were many more pvpers on osi that had no clue what they were doing plus there was significantly fewer 7x gms around. both factors more than account for the disparity in how hard it is to kill people here vs real t2a
I would say that many topers pvpers in real t2a knew what they were doing compared to the hally spammers of UOSA for the time....all the top "duelers" fight incredibly predictable and fight more luck-oriented. Everyone waits for big hally hit" then drop e bolt, harm ect.

That wouldn't work in t2a because if you even tried waiting for a big hit you may be dead before you get a chance for your "perfect hit" because mini heal couldn't be used as a cop-out like it is here. I am pretty sure having low resist wasn't the only reason mages died faster in real t2a, it was because people timed spells more and spammed less....meaning more for both people mana. Couple that with the fact that both parties didn't rely on mini heals(since they weren't as good) so much, it was better to be offensive than defensive.

Right now on UOSA it's the opposite of 1999, people generally play more defensive and act like bards for almost half the fight. Then other half is being a dexer and maybe 10% of the fight is timing and casting the right spells....for mages.

More skill now? No way.....ping and luck mean a lot when it comes to winning fights by hally spamming(all the top trammelment players unfortunately play like this and copy each other)
Last edited by Psilo on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

calm down or take it to trash talk

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't think resist has anything to do with it really (well it does, but that is not the reason mini heal does not feel like it did on OSI imo). I have 0 resist on UOSA, and I can mini heal out of everything too.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Psilio, you quoted something which I already gave a valid answer to a few posts later.

-It was exactly like UOSA on the demo.
-I'm 99% sure it was exactly like UOSA during UO:R.
-There is no patch note documenting a change during this time, let alone 2.

What conclusions should be drawn from this without further evidence?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote:Psilio, you quoted something which I already gave a valid answer to a few posts later.

-It was exactly like UOSA on the demo.
-I'm 99% sure it was exactly like UOSA during UO:R.
-There is no patch note documenting a change during this time, let alone 2.

What conclusions should be drawn from this without further evidence?
+1, until something comes forth forget it. That is the simple truth and the reality of the issue in a whole.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Psilo wrote:
nightshark wrote:
Matty wrote:a SINGLE miniheal? that's my point. those 14 hp heals were random. 6-14 is what i remember. there's gotta be someway to prove miniheal is off.
The DEMO should never be the end all about accuracy, that's ridiculous. You don't think the game was changed after the DEMO was made? There's a glass sword for heavensakes, and a lot of the mechanics in the demo I remember feeling MUCH different than live shards in 1999.

Mini heal, heals too much. Obviously we'll never be 100% accurate even if we try, so let's go with player memories instead of the demo. We don't have anything to lose, but if pvp keeps being the way it is where no one wants to use spells as much because mini heal nullifies all damage then we may keep losing pvpers and interest in pvp.
I played LS on 4x Mage at the beginning of this era. Mini heal did more like 6-10. This shard is to based around the demo and certain players beliefs who don't even play (Faust) etc. Mini heal was never consistent and the best players either timed heals well or defensively countered an attack and then used a big heal. The current heals are totally inaccurate. I used to fight guys like Psilo in this era. He knows what he's talking about.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

people like psilo?

i guess we should use our imagination for what that means

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Ardos wrote:
Psilo wrote:
nightshark wrote:

I played LS on 4x Mage at the beginning of this era. Mini heal did more like 6-10. This shard is to based around the demo and certain players beliefs who don't even play (Faust) etc. Mini heal was never consistent and the best players either timed heals well or defensively countered an attack and then used a big heal. The current heals are totally inaccurate. I used to fight guys like Psilo in this era. He knows what he's talking about.
you're right about the 6-10 but i remember some eleven and twelve point heals. maybe i misspoke or have been playing this shard too much but i don't recall 13/14 point miniheals. that's damn near half a greater heal. if miniheal were scaled down, the pvp on this shard would be near-perfect. people are getting away when they have no business escaping death.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Matty wrote:you're right about the 6-10 but i remember some eleven and twelve point heals. maybe i misspoke or have been playing this shard too much but i don't recall 13/14 point miniheals. that's damn near half a greater heal. if miniheal were scaled down, the pvp on this shard would be near-perfect. people are getting away when they have no business escaping death.
=
Matty wrote:I am horrible at math, and I am very angry that people don't die when I try to leetomgwtfpk them.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Panthor the Hated wrote:people like psilo?

i guess we should use our imagination for what that means
Yes people like Psilo and including Psilo. We used to fight on OSI all the time. People who actually played during this era..... unlike some..
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

i don't understand why this hasn't been changed already... it's a fact that miniheal healed less just like it's a fact that when i turned 16 my dad got me a car for my bday present. there's no video footage of that but everyone that was there remembers it happening. they'll tell you it was an infiniti i-30, not a camry. this shard is getting camry'd! did anyone (in this thread) besides me, woozy and psilo play during this era?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This does not need to be based on memory, even though there have been memories posted that go both ways. There are many other threads on this.

There is overwhelming evidence that "Heal" is correct. We have at least one screenshot from era; the pre-T2A code, the lack of any note of a change. The published heal amount is on stratics somewhere I believe. I really recommend reviewing the past threads on this.

A recollection that mini-heal healed < 10 may be rooted in a memory of casting it at a lower magery skill?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."