Blade Spirit Resist Bug

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Blade Spirit Resist Bug

Post by Faust »

A Vortex doesn't appear to apply any poison unlike a bladespirit in the original code scripts when dealing damage.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:A Vortex doesn't appear to apply any poison unlike a bladespirit in the original code scripts when dealing damage.
Can you test it in game (demo)? And try run through one, see if anything happens? (ie: shove one out of the way)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

Demo doesn't work on my new PC since it has issues with Windows 7 for some unknown reason at the moment.

Won't be able to test anything until I get my labtop configued with a proper demo setup here sometime. :?

The only function that I recall testing was walking over a bladespirit to trigger the poison. Wish this was tested on an EV but never thought about trying it for some reason.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Does anyone have the old strategy guide that came with T2A? I have a copy but it's 3 hours drive away.

I think it describes what the EV was like back then.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mens Rea wrote:Does anyone have the old strategy guide that came with T2A? I have a copy but it's 3 hours drive away.

I think it describes what the EV was like back then.
Yeah, I think it does, but there's plenty of stuff in the T2A guide that was incorrect or got patched later. I think the manual would only be describing what the demo does anyway.

There's a link to a scanned version of it somewhere. edit: I found the link, but it only has the "main section" scanned, spells aren't in there. I have NFI what happened to my playguides, I used to have 2 or 3 of them :(
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

EVs poisoned on hit in June 1999

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... rgy+vortex#
It will both go after and kill drakes. It will go after deamons and dragons,
but they will dispell it. This is not really a problem since the EV hits
them with a really high level poison spell, so if you wait around for the
monster to lose some hit points you can kill them with only 2-3 EVs.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I always thought it was on hit.

I wish I had the stupid demo.

Where can I get the stupid demo? How can I get skills in the demo to cast the spell TROLOLOLOLOLO

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »