Coal Armor

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Coal Armor

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:Bumping this. May want to add to the "little things" thread.

I think the NPC armor colors are at this point confirmed. The Coal armor is going to be a little bit more work.
I thought we confirmed this 2 years ago!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Derrick wrote:Bumping this. May want to add to the "little things" thread.

I think the NPC armor colors are at this point confirmed. The Coal armor is going to be a little bit more work.
I know for a fact both were in-game. I remember a full set of coal plate mail was a site to see. It was really dark and people would bank sit in it = )

And yes, NPC smiths have ALWAYS sold differnt hues of ore. But these hues weren't always the ones you can mine. Some of these hues were like:

Dull shadow ore
Dull gold color
Dull copper

ect. I think even sometimes the vendors would have reddish(agapaite-like) color.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Psilo wrote:And yes, NPC smiths have ALWAYS sold differnt hues of ore. But these hues weren't always the ones you can mine.
While similar, I don't think any of them were exact matches to player made armour colors. For pics aswell as a color table:
http://web.archive.org/web/200010192015 ... late.shtml

Love to see this in game.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

NPC armor was generally its own seperate pallete

EDIT:

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Would be very cool to be able to smelt down NPC items into coloured ingots to remake them as GM... though I know it's not accurate since resmelted colours turn to iron. Would just be fun. Teehee. :P

On the topic, I would love to be able to make coal armour. It would be rare and worth quite a bit of money since there are a limited supply of coal ore around. :)
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I see this going live for some reason, which is odd to me considering the only thing I have seen so far is anecdotal evidence. I searched through the forums looking for the post/threads where this coal armor was "proven" and it brought up an interesting thought.

I do not doubt that coal armor existed, though I am quite sure that it was NOT creatable in our era. If you skim through some of the news groups you can see that it was created by an exploit back when there was only iron ingots. Once colored ingots became live, there was no more crafting coal armor.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... or&start=0&

This is the interesting thought,
If an item existed during the era, but was not creatable, is it appropriate to add the item as creatable, as a way to introduce it into the world? There is no doubt in my mind that many players with a stockpile of coal are drooling over this proposed patch, however, it seems to me that this should have been implimented (if at all, because craftability seems non-accurate in t2a) before the distribution of coal in the first place.

I suppose this argument also applies to things like server birth rares, which existed, but were not obtainable during t2a, but I think that is an exception to this rule.

I foresee a large market for coal in the future if this is the case.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You raise a good point, and this is something I question myself as well. How do we add things to the shard that existed in T2A, yet were not creatable in T2A.

This issue arose surrounding the classic redyable black dye tubs as well; we wanted to get them on the shard, but didn't want to replicate a bug that was fixed before our time-frame. In that instance we did a one time handout, one per IP address of the tubs on Easter 2009, and they should become rarer and rarer going forward.

I think it might be reasonable to allow the smelting of coal in the same way, to allow items which did exist on OSI in the T2A to exist here. And since there won't be any more coal, it will be interesting to see if anyone actually smelts it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:You raise a good point, and this is something I question myself as well. How do we add things to the shard that existed in T2A, yet were not creatable in T2A.
Replace all trophy rewards with things that fall under this.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Hemperor wrote:Replace all trophy rewards with things that fall under this.
That was my thought as well. There were so many items in T2A that EA never got the hint that people wanted to be able to create or put in their houses and such. I never understood it myself. I always wanted full book shelves in mine.

Eventually, EA made them rewards for buying the 10th age or whatever and they were obtainable.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Hemperor wrote:
Derrick wrote:You raise a good point, and this is something I question myself as well. How do we add things to the shard that existed in T2A, yet were not creatable in T2A.
Replace all trophy rewards with things that fall under this.
Great idea.

Certainly better than inaccurate neon sandals lol.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

neon sandals were never trophy reward
they were a vendor bug
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Brules

Post by Brules »

I thought all the NPC colored armor went away when they put in colored ore for players to craft?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Brules wrote:I thought all the NPC colored armor went away when they put in colored ore for players to craft?
Thats what stratics says. But the earliest I can find this comment from is mid-2002. Earlier in the thread I posted a couple newsgroup posts suggesting it was available into mid-2000.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i remember these coloured armours only becusee i had a friend named GOD who made most of his money selling completed suits of npc coloured plate mail. (which was pretty hard to do)
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Brules wrote:I thought all the NPC colored armor went away when they put in colored ore for players to craft?
It was still around but it was junk.