Housing limits.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should there be a fix to limit the amount of player housing

Yes
73%
No
27%
Other (Explain)
No votes

Total votes: 71

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Housing limits.

Post by Kraarug »

Corbin wrote:Just do what EA did: "This is what we're doing. Yell and scream all you want, we're still doing it. You have X number of days to move all your crap to the house you'd like to keep. Thanks for playing UO."

The reality is that we are all guests on this server. Derrick doesn't have to compensate anyone nor does anyone have the right to demand anything from him. We play here because he allows us to. His shard, his rules, he can do as he wishes. Just sayin... I get a little tired of all the entitlement whoring I see here from people who seem to think they are owed something because they can't seem to grasp that they are the guests and they aren't the ones who make the rules. This isn't a democracy.
I wonder Corbin if it's just that approach that drove Derrick to make a replication of the game as he wanted to remain. I know I didn't like UO:R changes and quit. I suspect Derrick didn't like losing the game he played either.

Fact is, housing limits are a cat already out of the bag. It would be best just to focus your concentration on either finding a spot or being prepared to pay for a house + commission like we actually did during T2A.

This isn't just another 'free shard' and if you came late you can still catch up but it will require your own effort and not a tweak of the accomplishments of others.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Corbin wrote:At some point during T2A, the housing rule changed to 3 houses per account. That would certainly be a start.
Corbin wrote:Just do what EA did: "This is what we're doing. Yell and scream all you want, we're still doing it. You have X number of days to move all your crap to the house you'd like to keep. Thanks for playing UO."
None of what your saying ever happened... :?

There was never a 3 house per account rule, at the very very end of T2A it was changed to one house per account.

Excess houses were also grandfathered in.
EA never told anyone that had "X number of days to move all your crap to the house you'd like to keep."

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:None of what your saying ever happened... :?

There was never a 3 house per account rule, at the very very end of T2A it was changed to one house per account.

EA never told anyone that had "X number of days to move all your crap to the house you'd like to keep."
That's funny, I remember distinctly being pissed off because I was limited to 3 houses in T2A where as previous, we were permitted 5.

And yes, they did grandfather houses, you're correct there.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Kraarug wrote:I wonder Corbin if it's just that approach that drove Derrick to make a replication of the game as he wanted to remain. I know I didn't like UO:R changes and quit. I suspect Derrick didn't like losing the game he played either.

Fact is, housing limits are a cat already out of the bag. It would be best just to focus your concentration on either finding a spot or being prepared to pay for a house + commission like we actually did during T2A.

This isn't just another 'free shard' and if you came late you can still catch up but it will require your own effort and not a tweak of the accomplishments of others.
Oh, I'm not worried about me. I have enough houses as it is already. Too many, actually in which I will be selling a few because it's too hard to make keys for all the characters and keep them updated. However, as I stated, I wouldn't be opposed to giving some of them up if a change came into effect.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:
Corbin wrote:At some point during T2A, the housing rule changed to 3 houses per account. That would certainly be a start.
None of what your saying ever happened... :?

Well thank god this place isn't run by OSI, right?
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Hurry, everyone place 15 houses before they are grandfathered!!

Lol..

Oh, and I voted Yes without giving any input on the matter..

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Eulogy wrote:Hurry, everyone place 15 houses before they are grandfathered!!

Lol..

Oh, and I voted Yes without giving any input on the matter..
The thing is noone actually uses 15 houses. I bet if the change did happen (which it won't) and houses were grandfathered, after a year or so the most houses you'd see anyone with is like 3-5. I can see some situations in which someone might want more than 3 houses, but I'd say it's pretty rare.

Ability to have 15 houses just means you can buy out a ton of smalls and place something larger there, or gives people the ability to have like 10 houses on the market (which is happening here all the time). I mean c'mon.. what kind of pretentious douchebag actually thinks they need 15 houses?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

A very Jealous 'nightshark' wrote:I mean c'mon.. what kind of pretentious douchebag actually thinks they need 15 houses?

I have 15 and I actively use at least 12 of them because of how I use them. Limiting houses? I was hoping we could have 2 houses per character! That would be twice as nice.

It seems that someone who would rather have other peoples houses fall to the ground for their own benefit would be much more of a 'douchebag' than someone who actually plays the game and the rules.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

BTW, this was posted in Era Accuracy... That's kinda out of place isn't it? I mean, era accuracy is 5 houses per account....

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Kraarug wrote:BTW, this was posted in Era Accuracy... That's kinda out of place isn't it? I mean, era accuracy is 5 houses per account....

WIN!

Im glad to hear you use your houses. I see too many empty houses just laying around... Its sad.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

a really [b]retarted [/b]Kraarug wrote:
A very Jealous 'nightshark' wrote:I mean c'mon.. what kind of pretentious douchebag actually thinks they need 15 houses?

I have 15 and I actively use at least 12 of them because of how I use them. Limiting houses? I was hoping we could have 2 houses per character! That would be twice as nice.

It seems that someone who would rather have other peoples houses fall to the ground for their own benefit would be much more of a 'douchebag' than someone who actually plays the game and the rules.
If you're referring to me, I never said I'd "like other people's houses to fall to the ground". I said the majority of people who own 15 houses would be down to 3-5 after a year of them being grandfathered. I could really care less about the current situation, I like having the map filled with houses (I'd like it even more if we had enough players to fill all the small housing spots).

But using 12 houses and needing 12 are different. I can see how someone might "need" a couple of houses in different locations for vendors, and maybe a couple for storage/living. It's not like our storage space is very limited when items don't decay.

And lol, I just noticed you edited my name in the quote. FYI, I owned a tower on OSI and I've owned a castle on UOGamers (that cost me 11 mill). I had plenty of gold in the bank on both shards and on neither shard did it ever cross my mind that I might need a second house. Did you ever consider the fact that my post is actually unbias and based on my personal opinion? :roll:
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?t=8700

people refuse to recognize that they did not have 3 free accounts at their disposal.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Biohazard wrote:http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?t=8700

people refuse to recognize that they did not have 3 free accounts at their disposal.
This is true. OSI was not a free server and people did not have 3 free accounts.

However nothing will change about the account limit on this shard so any discussion of such changes are pointless.
Since we do have 3 free accounts on this server we are stuck with a maximum limit of 15 houses per player.

Moriarti

Post by Moriarti »

i think it should be 5 houses total

new players and new guilds are at a serious disadvantage here because they aren't able to buy a guildhouse to train in because there isn't anywhere to place anything besides a small house (if there are any spots for those left) .

there are so many empty houses that are unlocked I've been squatting in one for a few weeks now. Noone every comes by and I've been able to train in peace most of the time having only been killed afk maybe 2 or 3 times.

if era accurate was 5 houses then it should be 5 houses total not 15

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Moriarti wrote:if era accurate was 5 houses then it should be 5 houses total not 15

Era accuracy=One house Per one Character

So 15. I know people who did have more than one account on OSI shards. So there is no 5 was the max limit.

As for smalls there are plenty of places spend 5 minutes and you'll find plenty. Save up some gold, there are tons of houses for sale. 2-stories dont even sell for deed plus 10k if they're in a crappy place.

Im sitting at 1.5 months and have a keep(bought placed), 2-story(bought placed) and a large brick(placed myself).

Keep looking for spots theres plenty out there.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present