Explo potions not throwing between 3 and 2 Seconds.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Explo potions not throwing between 3 and 2 Seconds.

Post by Faust »

The inaccurate delay that is in part the RunUO default with a slight touch up isn't that simple. The assumption was that it may have worked very similar to the way tabbing was believed to work. It works relatively similar to the throttle that exists on tab that isn't quite one second in between intervals with a "phase out" feature to prevent spamming it.

I'm pretty sure the accurate delay from the demo that still exists today isn't active unless it was put in very recently in the last few days without the patch notice being posted as of now.

It's easiest enough to confirm by utilizing Razor's action last queue though. If you can queue an action faster than every 1000ms without screwing up the organizer agent than it hasn't been fixed just yet.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

pots still work just takes professionals to use it
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

The issue is when you used to arm a pot and throw it between 2 and 1, or once it hit 1 it would hit your target. Now the majority of the time it explodes on you. I'm not trying to s tack potions just throw them at the proper time for them to explode on my opponent. I am pretty good at doing this and have never had an issue until recently. My pots explode on me over half the time even when thrown at the proper time. This is especially the case when i arm it cancel it and then rearm the cursor hit last target and it doesnt go anywhere.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

pot timer changed with the new "tick" based system
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Cool next week we will be casting at 4/6 speeds with layered spell channeling halberds that have 100% cold damage.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Sandro wrote:pots still work just takes professionals to use it
x2

Pro

Post by Pro »

lol dont you both use macros to time your pots? Ye get out.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

i throw by hand

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Sandro wrote:i throw by hand
he was referring to clown and cman
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

iv always manually thrown

gzuf

Post by gzuf »

I've tried with this new timer but it's really difficult to get down. What I do is just drink a purple pot through razor and throw it at the right time, no real macros or anything. All I know is that I haven't been able to hit shit lately, and everyone I've talked to has experienced the same problems. I understand accuracy and this and that, but why does an entire, established thing have to be changed like this? It really does screw up a lot and I don't understand what it accomplishes. Does it have to do with the new way the server keeps time? Is there a way to make it normal again?
Last edited by gzuf on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

gzuf wrote:I've tried with this new timer but it's really difficult to get down. What I do is just drink a purple pot through razor and throw it at the right time, no real macros or anything. All I know is that I haven't been able to hit shit lately, and everyone I've talked to has experienced the same problems. I understand accuracy and this and that, but why does an entire, established thing have to be changed like this? It really does screw up a lot and I don't understand what it accomplishes.
I have a feeling it was a side effect of moving to the tick system. Perhaps lag plays an effect here, but to me it seems almost random. Sometimes they hit my face and sometimes they dont. I always do it manually...
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There were no changes directly to explosion potions, but the entire shard's timer now run on ticks as on OSI, not realtime as RunUO.

Ticks happen every 0.25 seconds and drive every mechanism on the shard from spell casting to NPC movement, and even sending out packets to players. The impact of this is that sometimes ticks are missed, much like on OSI as well.

Recent checks have indicated that we're losing about 3% of our ticks, or running at about 97% of realtime speed on average. This is way faster than we have speculated that OSI was able to run at, it's very dependant of what else is going on at the time on the shard.

Of note: that 3% also is inclusive of lost ticks during server saves, which is a substancial portion of it I think.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Thank you Derrick. This clears up my problem.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah