Unlimited hunger in 1v1 tournaments

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unlimited hunger in 1v1 tournaments

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kill them quickly
Don't get hit
Have more Dex
Find a way to rest (para ect)

What is the point in fighting a dexer on a character without wrestle or any weapon skill if you are just going to keep getting hit and interupted?

It's really a question of templates, all viable.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:if this change happens you need to add refresh pots to all tournaments
This, IMO.

Movement and PvP go hand in hand. Eating 1000 fish steaks is completely stupid. If the macer survives long enough, the opponent will run out of TR anyway.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I would keep a keg of TR in the bank (because it opens at the start of tourney anyway). You can carry a LOT of potions. Odd's are, the match ends in sudden death before anyone runs out. Purples may be the exception here.

(excluding ill-prepaired players obviously)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I would keep a keg of TR in the bank (because it opens at the start of tourney anyway). You can carry a LOT of potions. Odd's are, the match ends in sudden death before anyone runs out. Purples may be the exception here.

(excluding ill-prepaired players obviously)
True, but dexers who can keep their stamina close to 100 increases the odds of the match not ending in sudden death.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

nightshark wrote: True, but dexers who can keep their stamina close to 100 increases the odds of the match not ending in sudden death.
Yes, but is the point here "The match should end before sudden death", or is it "Why is food infinitely consumable, in a no-pots battle, essentially making it a red-pots-only fight?"

Faust

Post by Faust »

This is why I suggested a long time ago that we need a resource cap. We both know it's not fair one way or the other. If you allow unlimited stamina macers get screwed. If you disallow any form of regaining stamina from the start even slight, anything but a macer gets screwed. It's a simple fact of dueling in this era of the game.

If red potions aren't allowed there will be even less diversity than there is now. Macers will dominate just like in the past before unlimited food was put in place.

I truly hope that I am wrong but seriously doubt it.

Again, this should not change until the forceful walking at 1 stamina is removed though.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:This is why I suggested a long time ago that we need a resource cap. We both know it's not fair one way or the other. If you allow unlimited stamina macers get screwed. If you disallow any form of regaining stamina from the start even slight, anything but a macer gets screwed. It's a simple fact of dueling in this era of the game.

If red potions aren't allowed there will be even less diversity than there is now. Macers will dominate just like in the past before unlimited food was put in place.

I truly hope that I am wrong but seriously doubt it.

Again, this should not change until the forceful walking at 1 stamina is removed though.
I can agree with this, seems like a nice middle ground.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

whats forcul walking at 1 stamina mean
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

When you hit 1 stamina on a tank mage(might be differ with a dexer) it forces your character to walk. This feature was implemented long after the t2a era. You are suppose to be able to run at all times until you hit 0 stamina forcing you to stand still until you regenerate some stamina. Currently, if you hit 1 stamina against a macer you will essentially never be able to run again unless you have an item of some sort that regains stam(food or red pots), etc... Being able to run immediately after regenerating one stamina after getting stamina locked helped dodge a lot of hits that would hit and drain more stamina in the current system putting you in a walking or locked state once more.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

gotcha
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]