Champ Spawns

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Gunslinger

Re: Champ Spawns

Post by Gunslinger »

Sandro wrote:
Psilo wrote:
Sandro wrote:Won't happen.

Not era accurate, sorry. 8)
Trammelized 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments aren't era accurate either.

We wouldn't be catering to pvmers by taking away tournaments. Rather we'd be catering to the real pvpers instead of the trammelites who can only be found in trammel zones talking shit such as Luca Blight and the other idiots.
Again, Tournaments are a policy and not a mechanic. It's the staff's decision whether or not these events exist. The argument of it being era accurate isn't even valid, because it's not a mechanic replication at all.
Sandro, its not policy, it's privilege. Pvp tournys wouldn't be a bad thing if there was world pvp like there was back in OSI. I'm sure people would quit if pvp tournys ended but so what. That only show's you they aren't here for T2A accuracy "pvp". I myself love pvp, for years i always said UO had the best pvp ever. These tournys just ruin it. Yea there are some world pvp but not nearly as much as there could be. I mean haven't you guys learned by now that organized pvp is just not as fun. Look at WoW, after launch world pvp was awsome and then they brought BG's and it just sucked ass. You don't need set up matches to prove that your a badass pvper. IMO, i think guys who kick ass out on the field prove that themselves and that's what we need more of.

kazana

Post by kazana »

Sandro wrote:Again, Tournaments are a policy and not a mechanic. It's the staff's decision whether or not these events exist. The argument of it being era accurate isn't even valid, because it's not a mechanic replication at all.
I would think not losing stats, items, weapon HP, etc in tourneys is quite a mechanical difference.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

kazana wrote:I would think not losing stats, items, weapon HP, etc in tourneys is quite a mechanical difference.
Items are consumed and weapon & armor durability is affected in non-free use tournaments.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Faust wrote:The system that is being developed by me is based on the Ultima lore corresponding for each and every dungeon in game that will take place 'only' during the weekends due to accuracy related issues. This system will be in a 'progressive' state(this part resembles the champ spawns) from beginning to the end for each level of the dungeon. There will be familiar foes from the Ultima series at the end(this also resembles the champ spawns) that you must vanquish. This won't be an easy task at all, trust me.

There will be an elaborate rewarding system in place based on specific conditions too.

The main objective with this idea is to add more content that will bring ALL groups of players together such as PVM, PVE, PVP, and even the PK's into a centralized location for a pre-determined amount of time(weekends).
So, automated monster bash with dif rewards? I have to say that I like the idea much more than the other events because it takes place out there in the actual game.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Sounds cool Faust.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Faust wrote:The system that is being developed by me is based on the Ultima lore corresponding for each and every dungeon in game that will take place 'only' during the weekends due to accuracy related issues. This system will be in a 'progressive' state(this part resembles the champ spawns) from beginning to the end for each level of the dungeon. There will be familiar foes from the Ultima series at the end(this also resembles the champ spawns) that you must vanquish. This won't be an easy task at all, trust me.

There will be an elaborate rewarding system in place based on specific conditions too.

The main objective with this idea is to add more content that will bring ALL groups of players together such as PVM, PVE, PVP, and even the PK's into a centralized location for a pre-determined amount of time(weekends).
So, automated monster bash with dif rewards? I have to say that I like the idea much more than the other events because it takes place out there in the actual game.

Exactly, we can only take the literal sense of "era accuracy" so far. I think this is a great idea, any kinda event even if automated is better in the world than just having events in a no-steal/no kill zones.

I think we def need new content but not in the form of UO:R and such, but in the form of "What UO would have if 1998 progressed in a good direction". New rares, a few new moster spawns comes to mind. Because it's even era accurate, some shards are lich lords in cove 3! Ect.

And during the early seer days shards had their own stuff that you can't say 'was accurate' cause it differed from shard to shard. With that said UOSA needs new content that "could" be era accurate. Things that would have existed or would be the nature next step.

lownslowneon

Post by lownslowneon »

Not sure what you mean by world pvp is dead...

Seems like EVERYTIME I go out.. theres several reds to entertain me with some PVP if I choose.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Well i wasn't really considering pk squads killing newbs as world pvp. During T2A era you rarely seen reds as it was. I was talking more on the lines of guild wars and chaos/order wars.

makiazo

Post by makiazo »

Champ spawns would be such a great idea. Even thought its not era accurate it would be a huge plus for both PvP and PvM aspects of the game.

It would give PvM people more things to do. PvP players would have more actual PvP opportunities out in the real world. Huge plus for the game.

All these CTF, tourneys, etc aren't era accurate either. So lets add something to the game for the PvM community. Something that would be a huge benefit to all types of players.

- Mak

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well that was my design or goal makiazo.

The massive PVE event that was designed and currently being coded by me is an event(s) based inside one particular dungeon per weekend that will have a progressive state much like the champ spawns. There will be some key differences of course. First, the "champion" or whatever you prefer to call it are actually based on the Ultima lore. The event will take place in the actual world instead of inside of an instance.

The goal is very simple... Produce some great content that will gather or group all players into one centralized location in the world. The PVMer's and PVE'ers will flock to these events luring in PKer's and griefers that will be followed by PVPer's looking for some fights. This way there will be a mix of every single playstyle out there.

These will not be possible to solo just by yourself. This doesn't mean you can't solo of course. It just means there has to be a large number of players doing it in order to complete it. The "champion" just can't be taken down by one person or even a tamer with a billion dragons for that matter. Tamers will learn very quickly to not even attempt this with multiple pets. :wink:

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Faust i'm loving the idea. The only downfall i see is it being held only on the weekends. That disappoints me cuz i'm never on during the weekend. I usually party and visit friends during this time. Why couldn't one of these be held nightly? Like the other events.

Also, what kind of reward system are you gonna have? I really liked the random reward plopping in your backpack after the champ/boss was killed. Are you coding it the same way? I would really hate to see it be only corpse loot.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Gunslinger wrote:Faust i'm loving the idea. The only downfall i see is it being held only on the weekends. That disappoints me cuz i'm never on during the weekend. I usually party and visit friends during this time. Why couldn't one of these be held nightly? Like the other events.

Also, what kind of reward system are you gonna have? I really liked the random reward plopping in your backpack after the champ/boss was killed. Are you coding it the same way? I would really hate to see it be only corpse loot.
The reason it was mainly based on weekends was population. The weekend is typically the best time for the majority of people of all ages. Work and school for most people don't apply during the weekends making this the best opportunity for the completion of such a large and probably long event be possible since it's group oriented. It could end up being a random time span per week, but it's usually harder for people to make plans this way.

The reward structure is based on two forms or types. The item you get for killing the mini-boss or boss that is turned in as a form of currency that is tallied onto your character. The item will be based on damage and healing during the fight being distributed into the pack of the character. This means everyone that participates will get an item that can be turned in as a form of currency just so long as they're alive when the mini boss/boss dies after they have put out some damage or healing.

The system is completely designed around a "progressive state" for each dungeon level with a mini-boss on each level until the last level where the main boss resides. The next level will open up after completing the current level. The progressive state can move backwards just like in a champ spawn but only for the current level you are on. So killing mobs and mobs to summon or initiate the mini boss or boss will be quite similar to summoning the champion in the champ spawn system.

Recalling/gating into a locked level won't be possible for obvious reasons.

The currency that is tallied onto your character after turning in your item from the boss can be redeemed for a reward but the rewards will not be as predictable as the current event system. This means "choosing" or "picking" when you hit a certain amount. The rewards are just as good if not better than the current event system. The currency can be built up to have a chance in receiving better rewards of course.

I think the system has been designed very well and people will enjoy it a lot when it's implemented. The best feature of it all is that the event will actually take place in the real world instead of an instance.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Faust wrote:There is a massive event divided into sub events per weekend being coded by me that one would say "resembles" the champ spawns.

My time constraints are pretty tight, so it has been really hard to find time to this elaborate and large project. It also didn't help when my PC was hit by a power surge a couple months ago. The new PC should be here sometime next week and I plan to continue my work on it when there is spare time.
Sounds crap
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think you have mistaken this with your pvp skills son. :/

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

HI IM MIKE wrote:
Faust wrote:There is a massive event divided into sub events per weekend being coded by me that one would say "resembles" the champ spawns.

My time constraints are pretty tight, so it has been really hard to find time to this elaborate and large project. It also didn't help when my PC was hit by a power surge a couple months ago. The new PC should be here sometime next week and I plan to continue my work on it when there is spare time.
Sounds crap
1. Your name is in caps
2. You can't construct a complete sentence.
3. Wrong forum buddy, shouldn't you be in trash talk being a part of the drama?

Need I say more? :lol: