REAL Era Accuracy... Take a look

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sinatra SUN-FoW

Re: REAL Era Accuracy... Take a look

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

Psilo wrote:EA is such a piece of shit company.

No one did UO better than the Texans of OSI.

Original UO employee: http://demiurg.net/games/lb/lb_big.jpg

EA: http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-file ... 50x350.jpg

Now we can see why it went down hill, EA is full of fat slobs with no creativity or imagination. Just money sucking fat people.

I swear to god. Everything about EA sucks, the new cyclops/daemon art is horrible. Horrible login screen, horrible options, horrible item art(plate helm for instance isn't era accurate, the one that is in your pack), horrible 3d art.

Screw it all. Lol, we need to somehow have downloads for the old plate helm models and all the login screens and stuff.

Haha I was an original OSI employee. Until Garriot left and my vision was drowned.
Exaggerated Personalities for Exaggerated Times

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:

Now we can see why it went down hill, EA is full of fat slobs with no creativity or imagination. Just money sucking fat people.

I swear to god. Everything about EA sucks, the new cyclops/daemon art is horrible. Horrible login screen, horrible options, horrible item art(plate helm for instance isn't era accurate, the one that is in your pack), horrible 3d art.

Screw it all. Lol, we need to somehow have downloads for the old plate helm models and all the login screens and stuff.

Haha I was an original OSI employee. Until Garriot left and my vision was drowned.
You've said that like 1000 times now. I don't really think anyone cares that you were an employee of Origin.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:

Cool = ) I live right outside Austin. My brother works at Blizzard Entertainment(a GM for WOW) and was invited to Garriot's house for a party. It was a gamer party lol.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Sandro wrote: You've said that like 1000 times now. I don't really think anyone cares that you were an employee of Origin.

Who wouldn't care? I think its awesome :D
- Elisud

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:The old GUMP's are there if you use the old UOT2A CD. I am building a patcher to replace that horrible artwork that EA has done... Even making a character screen looks LIGHT years a head of this dumbshit EA does. Stupid idiots.

this is awesome news. hope you are able to pull it off.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

This server has a patch file for the older art if any of you are interested in using it. http://www.uoorigins.com/connect.html

Aule
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Aule »

Akanigit wrote:This server has a patch file for the older art if any of you are interested in using it. http://www.uoorigins.com/connect.html

has anyone tried this? I'm tempted, but is there much of a chance that the changes might start making me crash or cause other technical difficulties?

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Aule wrote:
Akanigit wrote:This server has a patch file for the older art if any of you are interested in using it. http://www.uoorigins.com/connect.html

has anyone tried this? I'm tempted, but is there much of a chance that the changes might start making me crash or cause other technical difficulties?
I use it with no issues, the only thing I have not used was the map fix. I might try it eventually but right now everything works perfectly fine.

Aule
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Aule »

cool, will try it then, thanks for the link :)

Sinatra SUN-FoW

[quote
You've said that like 1000 times now. I don't really think anyone cares that you were an employee of Origin.[/quote]

You are right I apologize. I was trying to help on the accuracy level but it appears troglodytes like you need to find something to harp on.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:[quote
You've said that like 1000 times now. I don't really think anyone cares that you were an employee of Origin.

You are right I apologize. I was trying to help on the accuracy level but it appears troglodytes like you need to find something to harp on.
Lol, he's just being negative you said nothing wrong.
Last edited by Psilo on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sinatra SUN-FoW

ClowN wrote:
Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:The old GUMP's are there if you use the old UOT2A CD. I am building a patcher to replace that horrible artwork that EA has done... Even making a character screen looks LIGHT years a head of this dumbshit EA does. Stupid idiots.

Thank you, I have developed a way to make it work. So far I have the chest intro working... However there is an issue with the actual login for Username and Password. It is in the wrong place they changed the X Y inside client.exe so without some type of reverse engineering it may be hard to make it 100% accurate.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

I would just be happy with correct gumps from the era, the intro screen is just a perk. I really wish we could get the mailbag to work again that would be fantastic.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sinatra SUN-FoW wrote:
ClowN wrote:

Thank you, I have developed a way to make it work. So far I have the chest intro working... However there is an issue with the actual login for Username and Password. It is in the wrong place they changed the X Y inside client.exe so without some type of reverse engineering it may be hard to make it 100% accurate.
Awesome.

I'm hoping you're working with the 5..8.3 client. If so I'd like to integrate your work into our recommended client when it's stable.

Batlin may be of assistance in changing the cursor locations on the login screen.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

bainard

Post by bainard »

I still remember the contest in Nintendo Power to hype the first NES Ultima title. It was a chance to "meet Lord Brittish and tour his castle". I'm pretty sure that was even the picture they used of him in the ad.