Murderers! Let's add more conflict

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nickhimself

Re: Murderers! Let's add more conflict

Post by nickhimself »

i'm pretty sure NEA means Not Era Accurate

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

I understand it is most definitely not era accurate, but the idea has merit. I would concur there should be limits. Perhaps a bounty-type requirement to trigger the announcement. A bounty of X gold has to be placed on their head, or cumulative from several victims. Say for sake of argument, 5k minimum bounty. That way fewer announcements would be made, because not everyone would be willing to pony up 5k a crack every time they get PK'ed. Anyone who's bounty hit 5k from a cumulative total, the announcement would trigger off their next murder/bounty that puts them over the 5k mark.

It might make the bounty hunting aspect alot more interesting. I cant speak for everyone, but Im rarely ticked enough about getting PK'ed in the first place to even bother giving a count, much less a bounty, so I cant really see this being a change that would take it too far out of the "special event" realm.

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

Or actually, maybe better would be to make it a scripted event to better blend with our other already existing ones. Say for a random, unannounced period of 4 hours, a day/week/month murders would trigger the system. The folks in town would get the crier, the red would get notice that he has been placed on the Most Wanted List or some shit. Put a token bounty on each, perhaps scalable by number of murders committed by each one. A murderer with 1 would be worth a lower bounty then a guy with 4 kills. Make the bounty something cool enough to take a shot at, not anything worth farming for, perhaps a scalable chance at a silver coin being found on the murderers corpse. This, in a sense anyhow, would sort of give reds the ability to decide how much extra action they are really after. Example, Bob who had a bad day at work just wants to get on and whack someone to blow off some steam with his 1 or 2 counts theoretically anyhow, would attract less attention than a coordinated guild gank squad looking for an epic brawl and go on a homocidal rampage. As reward chance being scalable with counts, members of said gank squads would be worth more to go after than the pissant with 1 count.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Its a cool idea, but as others have said it's not era accurate. This is basically adding a new game mechanic in permanently which isn't done here.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

alot of people call it out on irc...
personally I am against that, I 'd rather see it in game.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Fung

Post by Fung »

I guess people got the message because the past couple of days blues have been rolling in packs. Nice.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

The blue vs murderer ususally consists of a red pvper trying to kill a blue farming character. So it makes sense you have a hard time finding a fight this way. And you have a hard time finding a kill because 35 guys before you have already tried to kill me so i've given up farming for the day. Its extreamly unbalanced atm. If you want a fight start hunting reds.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

I like to keep things era accurate though I like the idea. Maybe not with such high rewards but just as information. In era there were bounty boards at the Inn so how far is it to have this mechanic? There already is a town crier and bounty boards. Its not a far leap even for era accuracy.
<shrug> The more interaction there is among players the better the server is imo.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Pac

Post by Pac »

Yeah sure, while we're at it why not add Paladins, Dalaran, and the SSV Normandy to the game too.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Pac wrote:Yeah sure, while we're at it why not add Paladins, Dalaran, and the SSV Normandy to the game too.
That didn't even make sense.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

I find it kinda strange that any murderer would want this, besides the OP of course. Seems like you love pvp... a lot. I always felt that pks usually just like to kill quick and take loot (maybe get a count for score), not have their deeds broadcasted so loads of people can come in to fight him.

How about only for you, Fung? Would you like that? Special Fung broadcasts. :lol:

Downs

Post by Downs »

tenduil wrote:
Pac wrote:Yeah sure, while we're at it why not add Paladins, Dalaran, and the SSV Normandy to the game too.
That didn't even make sense.
Paladins are out of era
Dalaran is a city in WoW
SSV Normandy is from Mass Effect

This is UOSA, meant to replicate the second age of ultima online and our friend Pac was using sarcasm to point out how ridiculous this request was.
the_more_you_know2.jpg
the_more_you_know2.jpg (132.02 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

PKs are what they are. If you are looking for consensual PvP, playing a stat loss murderer who runs around dungeons attempting to kill people who are trying to farm is not the best way to go about it. That's called non-consensual PvP. If you want consensual PvP, you'd be better off going anti-PK or joining a war guild.

I'm one of the people you talk about who is "not in the mood to fight" when you meet me in a dungeon.. and with good reason - I'm obviously not in the dungeon looking for a fight. The amount of griefers on this shard also means that I don't spend very long at any one particular place... so you'll have a hard time even finding me in the first place.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Fung wrote:Not entirely sure what NEA means.

I was hoping to get constructive feedback, not just UGH NO DO NOT WANT. Do others feel there isn't a problem with community and conflict on the server? Is PvE not trivial to others? Are more bounty rewards not interesting?
I'm just starting out & still trying to get myself situated and I can assure you, PvE is not trivial to me right now. What somebody else said about not being able to farm a spot for more than 15mins is completly true. The better hunting grounds always get zerged by PK groups every few minutes. (Deceit4, Covetous3, Destard3, Destard1, etc etc).

Like most everyone else on this server, I came here with the intention to build my character up & go PK. But honestly, I think I'll find more fights being an anti. Just gotta get my chops up. (It's been 10 years or so, heh)

and I hardly ever see groups of blues moving through dungeons hunting PK's. Guys solo killing mobs, sure, but never any anti's on hunting. I was surprised by that.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

GomerPyle wrote:yeah we need another way for people to ghost... oh and we also definitely need more pks...

its almost impossible to farm anywhere profitable for more than 15 minutes at a time on here
Annnnd the reason that there's nobody out to PK, is because we get tired of being Pk'd and don't bother going out on our mules.

I sure as hell don't bother taking out some pack animals to hit the mountains because I'll just get killed and lose my investment + some.

I never had any problem with PK's but I've had PK's take *everything* of mine, even stuff they don't need like food, shovels and empty bottles just to grief - then you guys wonder why there's nobody to kill LOL.
PKs are what they are. If you are looking for consensual PvP, playing a stat loss murderer who runs around dungeons attempting to kill people who are trying to farm is not the best way to go about it. That's called non-consensual PvP. If you want consensual PvP, you'd be better off going anti-PK or joining a war guild.

I'm one of the people you talk about who is "not in the mood to fight" when you meet me in a dungeon.. and with good reason - I'm obviously not in the dungeon looking for a fight. The amount of griefers on this shard also means that I don't spend very long at any one particular place... so you'll have a hard time even finding me in the first place.
Yep