Deceit Spawn

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Deceit Spawn

Post by Coffee »

Now that I think about it -- I'm still pretty sure it was in era, but came in just prior to Ren. Scratch that.

The only reason I remember, is because I recall being bitten and then dry-looted by everyone else in the room ;_;

Purge

Post by Purge »

There was a silver serp near the lower liches

Dunno if it was UOR or late t2a though

Faust

Post by Faust »

Artemis wrote:The most important part that made deciet the Pvp haven that it was. On Catskills shard The lich lord room was special as the upper level of the room had a 1 tile LoS(Line of Sight) and off the ledge the rest of the room was normal LoS(Line of Sight). This made for a very unique type of combat and shenanigans to occur there. As with only 1 tile LoS(Line of Sight), mobs couldnt see you an players couldnt hear you unless they stood right next to you. Meaning people could cast spells an you would never hear what spell they were casting unless they stood next to you. It could of been a recall spell precast, or it coulda been a Exp that you wont know till it might be too late, hehe.)
The ledge also had specific places you could teleport up to from certain tiles down below, learning those tiles meant the difference between living and dying in the heat of combat. There were only about 5 different place/tiles of varying distances and angles for teleporting.
I stumbled upon this post while doing a search. The line of site issue was on all shards that I am aware of. This was a great feature of this room back in the day. I have this coded currently in my home scripts. I have been planning on doing this for Derrick if he is willing to implement it. I hope to see this on UOSA eventually. The only hurdle is that I would have to recode it in RunUO 2.0, which shouldn't pose that much of a problem. I ended up re-doing the AI the same way. How about this feature Derrick?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:I stumbled upon this post while doing a search. The line of site issue was on all shards that I am aware of. This was a great feature of this room back in the day. I have this coded currently in my home scripts. I have been planning on doing this for Derrick if he is willing to implement it. I hope to see this on UOSA eventually. The only hurdle is that I would have to recode it in RunUO 2.0, which shouldn't pose that much of a problem. I ended up re-doing the AI the same way. How about this feature Derrick?
If this is verifiably accurate it should certainly be implemented.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i also remember the silver serps. i used to hate those things cause they didnt drop any loot yet they still poisoned you while u were trying to kill the other mobs. im also fairly sure that the lich lord room had more then 1 or 2 liches up at a time. may have only been one lich lord up at a given point, but i do remember him having like 4 or 5 other liches with him. i used to provoke them all the time back in the day.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

and the line of sight thing faust is talking about im pretty sure is accurate as well

Kharza

Post by Kharza »

The line of sight is correct. I remember some major guild wars in that room and totally remember seeing someone cast but having no idea what spell was about to smack you in the face.

Kharza

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

This is true, it was like that in that room.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I have yet to find anything to verify this. However, I do remember this bugged area extensively. Here is how it worked.

The grey tiles past the first row that is next to the ledge were all purposely or accidentally bugged. All line of sight was reduced to the tile that was next to you. For example, if you casted a spell, other people could see your animation but not the words of power. If you were to target someone on one of those tiles beyond the one that was next to you it would act as if you casted on someone behind a wall. Attacking someone reacted the same way. You would only be able to attack an individual if they were next to you or on top of you. Stealing, hiding, and any other skill was restricted by this. You could run one tile over while in combat and hide since it was like running behind a wall and hiding.

If anyone else could possibly verfiy this with a source it would be greatly helpful. I have looked and looked and still not been able to come up with anything. It would be sad if this feature is not implemented. It was a great aspect of that room along with the insta lich and lich lord spawns.

Slade

Post by Slade »

I spent countless hours in the LL room on Chesapeake on my days at OSI. It was a PvP hotspot as well as an excellent place to farm loot.

The single tile LOS thing we can all agree on. I used to use the ledge tricks and EV's to farm the liches below.

There were NOT any Silver Serpents in the room when I played there during T2A era.

It was liches and lich lords only.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

But yes, the silver serpents was not in this room during the T2A era.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Coffee wrote:Fairly certain the LL room spawned silver serpents. I can't recall if it was 1 or 2, or if they were always there -- but I do remember seeing them fairly often.
Don't remember that.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

caveman

Post by caveman »

Derrick wrote:
Coffee wrote:Fairly certain the LL room spawned silver serpents. I can't recall if it was 1 or 2, or if they were always there -- but I do remember seeing them fairly often.
I belive this was post Era. I didn't know of any Silver Serps that spawned off islands
Correct. The silver serp was added to that room in September 2000.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Is it just me or did the poison elementals on lvl 3 always spawn inside the treasure chest room? I remeber stealthing in there and getting a message about you can feel eyes following you through the room.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ecetres wrote:Is it just me or did the poison elementals on lvl 3 always spawn inside the treasure chest room? I remeber stealthing in there and getting a message about you can feel eyes following you through the room.
That may have been a shard specific message, I never saw that one On chessie and I spent a lot of time down there

That PE, I always thought was a very long spawn in era. It turns out there was more to it.