Lich/Deceit accuracy suggestion! ID wands....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Neoptolemos

Re: Lich/Deceit accuracy suggestion! ID wands....

Post by Neoptolemos »

I'm not 100% sure on there being 2 fire elementals, but I do remember every spot that was posted was a lich spawn. I also remember getting a good source of ID items off liches.

Also, didn't liches frequently drop crystal balls? I can't remember if that came later since they were worthless loot.

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

Whoa, Faust. It's like you anticipated this thread way back in '99.

virtue

Post by virtue »

Okay, I am not 100% sure about the fire elemental now that I think about it. Was it a UO:R thing that there was 2?

But the lich spawns I remember very specifically = )

And if Derrick change the ID wands at all since this thread, I believe the drop % needs to be just alittle more. I have killed 20 liches and not gotten 1.

It was never that hard to get an ID wand lol, I am suprised at how many people have alts that are GM id'ers.

We shouldn't have to log on alt to ID! Let's increase the drop chance to ID wands!

And liches also dropped crystal balls, yes.

Does anyone remember if liches could drop 2 ID wands at he same time?
Last edited by virtue on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mantis Atlantis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mantis Atlantis »

virtue wrote:We shouldn't have to log on alt to ID! Let's increase the drop chance to ID wands!
You don't need to be at 100.0 to ID successfully. Just buy up some ID skill for 300 gold and you're good to go. :)

virtue

Post by virtue »

Mantis Atlantis wrote:
virtue wrote:We shouldn't have to log on alt to ID! Let's increase the drop chance to ID wands!
You don't need to be at 100.0 to ID successfully. Just buy up some ID skill for 300 gold and you're good to go. :)
I enjoy using ID wands though, there's something about having to upkeep them that is nice. I have way more higher-end magic weapons than I do ID wands currently after farming a large array of monsters since starting on UOSA.

I believe, ID wands need alittle upping on the drop rate overall. I am unsure of their chances on higher end mobs like balrons but I propose raising it on liches as most will agree they were not this hard to get. But still not easy, you had to kill a couple. Like I said I am unsure of other mobs as I only sought them on liches back in 1997-1999 and they were always a great source.

I'd also like to add:
Crystal balls were never rare, liches drop them! Let's bring this item back to it's 1998 status! It can be purchased from a mage shop as well off of the mage reg vendors but not alchemist I believe.

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

I have probably 1-2k charges of ID wands, which i never use because having GM in ID dramatically increases the value of garbage loot as you ID the value of the item also