UOSA Tournament System

Topics related to Second Age
Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA Tournament System

Post by Lambo »

I think what Kaivan is saying is its time to make a LOS bug thread now that we are done complaining about there being no events.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Lambo wrote:I think what Kaivan is saying is its time to make a LOS bug thread now that we are done complaining about there being no events.
lol, great idea :)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

memememe

Post by memememe »

As much as I'd like to see events again because I can imagine how much fun they might have been, I like how the shard crew really wants to stay true to t2a.
This shard was created to be t2a, no less, no more. And he has a very valid point, a tourney without outside interference just isn't what this sandbox is about.
Going into stat is a conscious choice, deal with it (though I bet 99% of the stat PKs also have a 7x GM blue).
Neither should there ever be wowesque "instances", which is just what this would be.
And it's not that players can't host their own tournaments, but for some reason people don't seem to be as drawn to those as they were to the automated system, something I can't even begin to understand. Yea silver or whatever reward is nice and all, but aren't all good pvpers wealthy anyway? Can't see that as the huge reason why everyone liked automated tourneys.

I guess this only leaves bragging rights. Knowing who owned who and how often, and that on an "official" website, logged for all times.
Since it's been made clear now that there will be no IN GAME none-ERA events, something I'd like to see is that the shard admins recognize some events as "official" (Like AshBorn or Abyz duel league) and add the result of those into a myuosa database, continuing the trend that was started with the automated events.

Yea, you could argue "but they can make their own websites etc.", but that just isn't the same. Just recognize some people that put in the work as "trusted" (if they host pvp events which uphold certain standarts), and then add these events and results into a global database. You can just use the existing one I bet. This way there is ZERO in game benefit or change. So it's still all in the sandbox. If people want to come bomb the events, loot, come with their stat chars or whatever, it's all the standard t2a mechanics. But tracked just the way it was before, in one place. Not multiply websites that come and go as hosts come and go. But multiply hosts that may gain or lose their "trusted" status based on their actions and activity.

Yea I'm rambling. Just a thought.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

So.... if we RP that we are duelists we should be able to have staff run/tracked tourneys?
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Abyz wrote:So.... if we RP that we are duelists we should be able to have staff run/tracked tourneys?

Good idea. Lets rename our characters mortal kombat themed character names and there ya go, RP duels.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Kaivan said:
designed to appease a specific class of players.
Why aren't all players just considered players?

On a second note, didn't the removal of the events cater to that "class of players" that were anti events?
Thanks in advance for your time.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit