May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: May we please have a no restrictions tourney with looting?

Post by tekai »

They just know deep down that we are supposed to be viable charecters, and that tamers are supposed to be dangerous.. but even after all the nerfs they are still afraid to fight us.

after all this time its accually getting kind of funny to see just how cowerdly the pvp crowd is to take on tamers.

do we blame kain and his dragonbombs? that is no less lame then the comedians killing my solo pk with 5 guys every morning before server down.

Ive played your Hally mages, something i found stupid, but i played them and I played them well.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/96490 Tekai
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/55551 O'lmanRiver

Ive played your dexers, Thief Dexers and Poison dexers

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/62025 Coup Poison dexer
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/60254 Tekai thief dexer

Ive even played silly healer mages and stealth mages...

But For some reason I will never be allowed to play my "MAIN" Charecter to her full potential. I was a TAMER on OSI. That is what i did from 98 to the reliease of Trammel. I didnt do much of anything elce. What we have here for a taming system is laughable to every real "Tamer" Thats come to this server. You slowly see them pushed out becuase they just dont matter to a majority of the population.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/3055 Bina

Tamers need some love, and that honest truth. If its so very difficult to code teleporting my dragon into a PVP Ring, then atleast for the sake of an entire class give us our own event.
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

It's funny that you have to bring up 5 mages ganking to justify tamer pvp. I have never and will never support tamers in tournaments, for obvious reasons. The same reasons that I do not support stealing in tuornaments. Sometimes you have to use an exagerrated case to make it more simple for others :)

EDIT: Last line was in reference to my posts calling for tamers if stealing was allowed. I don't think changing the original post is very fair at all as that is a whole different discussion and argument. Can't post quotes or do much as I'm posting on my PS3, apparently you shouldn't have coins on your pc when opening the case. GG vid card :(

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I dont want to play a hally mage or a Dexer though Hemp.. I want to play my Tamer.

And please be honost, what are these "Obvious" Things that im overlooking? being a tamer is by FAR not an "I WIN" Button. a fight with a tamer vs a hallymage in a box is a very fair fight that would be over fast, and fun to watch.
[broken image]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Both of you are missing the point entirely.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Your point is simple. We have a working system in place that everyone loves. lets add another event thats full loot with all skills released!

well im sorry, but tamer PVP is viable. very much different from barding which you used against me in an earlier argument.

It shouldnt be unusual for a beastmaster to bring his beast into battle.

How about allow horses, tamers could bring their nightmare.
[broken image]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Both of you are missing the point entirely.
Unfortunately I haven't read your original new post, but if youre case is to have a zero restrictions tournament WITH looting, then I can't see anything with substance to go against it... You will, however, have to include tamers, otherwise there are restrictions.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

As blackfoot put it, Tamers are welcome if they can find something to tame inside the ring. So are smiths, if somehow they can find a forge. Point is, you cant please everyone, and like it or not, taming is not really a pvp template. Under your logic, tekai, I should be posting complaining about how my crafter is not good at PvM. You are only commenting because you are on some unwarranted tamer binge as of late (check his other posts on taming..), and hemperor, I honestly don't know why you comment without reading the whole thread, but I am glad that you agree with me on some points.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

As you said, you can't please everyone, which is essentially the only reason a bunch of thieves would have a topic this long complaining abuot how they are nerfed in tournaments.

The line was drawn on OSI when it came to tournaments, if you can find an example that displays otherwise, let's see it. Until then, you are really only just moving the line to where it is convenient for you and dismissing Tekai's request as "crossing the line".

Also, I have read this entire topic, although I noticed you changed the topic title completely, so if you have changed the content of your original post... Then no, I have not read it, I'm commenting on what this discussion originally was about and the last 8 pages have been about.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hemperor wrote: The line was drawn on OSI when it came to tournaments, if you can find an example that displays otherwise, let's see it.
Here is my example,
"There were no tournaments like this on OSI"

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:taming is not really a pvp template
I would estimate there are more tamer pvp characters on this shard than thief pvp characters. Newbie spears at the bank don't count. I think it's just as much, if not more, of a pvp template than anything with Stealing. Onslaught and TT alone have done more tamer pvp here than all thief pvpers combined.

I still say 1 wyrm or 1 nightmare. If a different tamer wins each of 4 or 5 tournaments in a row, maybe it's an overpowered template for something like this. But I just can't see that happening.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Cheers to the above post

If it is overpowered to fight a tamer in a box with 1 pet, so be it. I do not believe that is the case, and if it is not the case, why won't you let us play our accual charecters, they way they were meant to be played.

Matron please don't feel that im attacking anything in any way. I came to this server a tamer, as in, that is what I wanted to do. Low and behond i find out that you are nothing without a hally mage. well' ive played all that, and so have you, all we are asking for is being able to play our tamers, like you want to be able to play your thieves.

also my recent rage posts? about tamers is only because its really true =/
[broken image]

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

tekai wrote:Cheers to the above post

If it is overpowered to fight a tamer in a box with 1 pet, so be it. I do not believe that is the case, and if it is not the case, why won't you let us play our accual charecters, they way they were meant to be played.
dont be ridiculous. all you'd have to do with ONE dragon in a tourney with you is stay defensive until your opponent runs out of mana. you'd have the defensive capabilities of any tank mage and the offensive capability of a hard hitting dexxer that casts spells with fire breath in a tournament arena with no mounts. if you think thats balanced in anyway im afraid you're absolutely retarded.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

marmalade wrote:
tekai wrote:Cheers to the above post

dont be ridiculous. all you'd have to do with ONE dragon in a tourney with you is stay defensive until your opponent runs out of mana. you'd have the defensive capabilities of any tank mage and the offensive capability of a hard hitting dexxer that casts spells with fire breath in a tournament arena with no mounts. if you think thats balanced in anyway im afraid you're absolutely retarded.
Cheers to the above post

Pro

Post by Pro »

Anyone else think you could emulate this no restrictions tourney with looting by just pvping outside of arenas?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pro wrote:Anyone else think you could emulate this no restrictions tourney with looting by just pvping outside of arenas?
Why cant you just duel outside the tournament areas?