A part of the game you say ??

Topics related to Second Age
Freight Elevator

Re: A part of the game you say ??

Post by Freight Elevator »

Pirul wrote:
Pro wrote:I think the argument is what distinguishes this error accurate bug from the others that aren't present (gold duping for instance). That's all i want answered.
Maybe....just maybe, duping creates wealth for an individual from thin air thus creating a spiraling inflation that potentially has no end creating an impossible entry barrier for new players while the other creates...oh wait...what does it really do?? Kill afk rich mofos in their towers, keeps and castles, which can be avoided 100%?? Kill people inside a limited number of homes which are placed in vulnerable places, which can be avoided 100%??

I guess you're right, both are the same basically. :roll:
But it's era accurate?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Admin has stated many times that they will leave any non-game breaking era accurate bugs working (ie: horse stam refresh), but any bugs deemed game breaking (ie: duping) will be taken out. This, although it may be considered a bug, is far from being game breaking, particularly since it is 100% avoidable.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Freight Elevator

Wouldn't it be era accurate for administration to go back on their word?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

How is it game breaking? Define game breaking. How does it create a barrier for entry level players? Are entry level players prohibited from participating in duping if it was made acceptable? There are a finite amount of "safe house spots" on this shard, therefore, LOS nukes aren't "100%" avoidable.

Items that could be duped would be essentially worthless. As a result, individuals would find a new currency. For example, SOJ's in Diablo 2 acted as the primary currency vs gold for a long period (2+ years).

I could go on for a long time, but at the end of the day it's the same thing. The mission statement is irrational or simply stagnate.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Pro

Post by Pro »

I find it to be not necessarily game breaking but a huge obstacle to new players or people who want to just afk macro in their house. The biggest annoyance for me is that it actually doesn't benefit anything, The person who kills the afker doesnt get any loot, the person inside is dead and gains nothing, it's just a bit pointless for it to remain imo.

Anaximenes

Post by Anaximenes »

During t2a, a very seldomly known exploit was in use on OSI, though it may be era accurate, the volume at which it occurs is not. The volume at which an exploit is used would have had an effect on the development and the evolution of the game. While back then, it may be less than a percent of the playerbase that exploited, on UOSA it is upwards to 30% or more (which would definitely be a cause for concern to the devs/gms on OSI). It's an injustice, but most of the argument for this flaw is that you don't own the server, you don't make the rules, a really funny stance.

I remember several house looting exploits from this era that probably not going to be implemented, not for the sake of era accuracy, but most likely they are just a smidgen more "gamebreaking" than killing people in their houses.

I keep wanting to come back but, four friends and myself consider this exploit one of very few reasons for leaving.

NewToUOSA

Post by NewToUOSA »

Pirul wrote:Admin has stated many times that they will leave any non-game breaking era accurate bugs working (ie: horse stam refresh), but any bugs deemed game breaking (ie: duping) will be taken out. This, although it may be considered a bug, is far from being game breaking, particularly since it is 100% avoidable.
Funny, it's game-breaking for me. The LOS exploit may not be considered "game-breaking" to the administrators but it's only possible purpose is to grief noobs that are either not aware of the bug or are unable to find an immune spot. For me this is what is really game-breaking, the kind of attitudes that likely restrict the server from ever growing significantly or attracting mature adults.

Considering the hard-core and die-hard nature of the server I think it's safe to assume most players have (at least) three accounts logged on at any given time and of course some have many more than that. Let's assume three log-ins per human player... divide the roughly 600 players typically logged in and that gives us an approximate number of human players on at any time on UOSA. Of course many of those are just macroing 24/7 so the number could be less. If we assume the 200 estimate is roughly accurate I think it's safe to say the server population is very low (compared to what it was designed to handle anyway). I think it is more than possible that adopting some practical changes could raise that number by 2-5 fold in a short time and potentially even higher considering that it is a very well run and maintained server with a good seed population.

Anyway, after soaking up information on the forums and participating in this lively debate it seems clear the theme of the server is no change ever for any reason, case closed. That's cool, I understand, but that has no appeal to me because by definition the server is stagnant.

In any case I've seen enough to determine that it's probably not for me. I've had no desire to log in to my bombed out house and really don't care if it decays... I've had my fun vigorously debating but that has grown old... I can't say I'll absolutely never play again but for now I have no interest. I know my persuasive arguments have pissed off quite a few people so I'll retire from posting as well.

Thanks to the people that are fighting for a grown-up-people server and I wish them the best of luck!

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Good luck to you as well.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Being purple pots expose you as well, you could be hidden in your house about to take a dump come back and find yourself dead. If you can't fix it just say so. GM tracking and a little deductive reasoning and you could kill anyone hidden or not in their own house...and that's simply retarded. Or maybe you need a target or circle of transparency whatever. The fact of the matter is if you can show me one dungeon where you can lob potions through walls I can believe it was an accurate bug based off LOS. Otherwise I think its a bug with circle of transparency allowing this.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

thomp22

Post by thomp22 »

MajesticWire wrote:
Come on hax. We can all die and loss our stuff thats np its a game. But lying about what happends is a joke and saying that we were 5 just prove once again that you and king codean are retarded small kids with no balls. We where 3 vs you and king codean and 2 white wyrms.. U got owned both of you and loss white wyrms, and the mare u was ridden. you then came back with a blue char and died trying to get the mare. then my boys logged off and u was able to kill me on my pk main char and blue char yes. but u had 2 white wyrms and 1 friend with you and i was solo.. at the same time u did use the exploite to kill me... so tbh i dont even think u won and or dont feel like i lost anything. you have no honor and the shit people keep saying about majestic being 5 is just a joke we only 3 people on max and we have been that for months.

No one dare to accept a war from a 3 man active guild pfffft we war the whole server and 4 guild accept what does that prove ? No pvpers left on Uosa.

and yeah u did get in the house to 4 bags of pvp loot nothing i cant live without.

But i safed the most inporten stuff - my pks 250k looot. so u got the pleasure of killin him but no loot.

an oh yeah my blue chars had no horses just trying to get back in the house :D

screw you- i still play here.

Wire used to be fine until we killed him and his comrades and now he keep raging all days. Well this doesn't surprise me, you're not the first and most likely not the last. Once a guy attacked me in town and got killed, I don't lie if I say he raged over that for months. What is the difference of Wire and this guy? No i don't see much difference in their behaviour.

The active Majestic members: Wazza, Wire, Sean, Zenzile, Jimi and also some other guy I forgot. I believe Jimi and Zenzile happen to be #1 and #2 of the most killed individuals by PL ever, the count goes over 50?

It's not lying at all when I say 5v2. Yesterday it was 3v1 against me heh. This is how Majestics "the pvpers" operate and then you come here to cry at the forums when you get obliterated, again. I challenged Sean and Wire to 2v1 but they refused, as they themselves know the result even of an unfair fight, 3v1 are usually the odds they might surprise gank someone. We don't even talk about 1v1 because "the pvp gang" doesn't do pvp at all. Yes group vs player they do alot and call it player vs player. As said before, do as you wish and rage as much as you want. But when it comes to the reality then this is how it goes.

A typical reply when a person dies and gets looted at UOSA: "hahah noob I had em all at safe box, all dem invis and reflect YA MISSED LOOLOLOOL! MISSED CASTLE DEED!!"

Did I forget to say zenzile lost his life yesterday, count goes up, #51 hooowah!

You don't have to bother to answer, I can do it for you:

"omg los bugg lol hax, WYRMS!!11, you ruin pvp, we quit the shard GO ORANGE NOOBSADSAD!1".

And those who think I'm exaggerating about their comments, not much at all, as they proved yesterday.

[PL] - Killing pvp since 2012

Freight Elevator

Your story sucks

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

What ever hax - you just belive that.
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

NewToUOSA wrote:

Thanks to the people that are fighting for a grown-up-people server and I wish them the best of luck!
Likewise my friend. enjoy the summer.
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

NewToUOSA wrote: Thanks to the people that are fighting for a grown-up-people server and I wish them the best of luck!
Have a good summer as well.
Hope to see you again sometime :)

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Just for future refrence, I don't recall Derrick saying anything at all about this particular bug. I do, however, remember kaivan claiming that this was an era accurate mechanic.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit