All Stables full - at all times!

Topics related to Second Age
Pacifico

Re: All Stables full - at all times!

Post by Pacifico »

fortin wrote:This problem is not caused by tamers. Its caused by griefers. The amount of pets a tamer can have is not relevant to this thread. If you want to cry about tamers make a post about how you think they are over powered. Stop hijacking the point of this thread.

I swear this thread is like fox news of uosa. Your twisting an event to suit your little butthurt point of view.

If you think tamers are clogging the stables then why weren't they full a year ago? The shard population is a lot lower than it used to be. It's not like the tamer population has spiked in the past three months. Use your god damned brains.

Actually I do think the tamer population has spiked. I started my tamer in the beginning of summer and I saw about 10-12 different tamers training with me as I went from 50-GM over a months span. If its true that there are about 100 slots per stable and you account for the total amount of tamers out there its a pretty significant increase.

But along with that, it probably only took one stable to become full for people to start placing cats/rats to hold spots and others to just grief tamers. The situation will resolve itself, I've seen people with armies of dragons getting rid of them. Some are trying to sell spots but from trade forums, it doesn't look like its working out.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Pacifico wrote: The situation will resolve itself,
No it won't. That is like saying people won't kill an afk bard in the stables.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I honestly don't remember going to any stables and them being full.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The problem is that people learned that they can use 30 dragons to instakill monsters for easy money. I don't recall that ever happening in T2A, and not because people wouldn't use 30 dragons, because they most certainly did. I imagine it's a problem with how the guard command works here. I don't believe you should be able to have 30 pets guard you, and simply magic arrow something for it to insta-die. The percent of GM tamers here compared to that of OSI is outrageous. Most likely because of the easy of taming-macroing which I also believe never occured in T2A. If not due to the HH spawn working different, then due to the massive population that would interfere. The stables are filled with 1/20th the population of an OSI server because 80% of the people here are tamers, and 50% of those use 30 dragons.

A great many non-era problems are realized on uosa, in my opinion, due to the ease of this server. Skill gain is accelerated, and we allow macroing.

Mind you, I did not look any of this up, because a.) I don't really care one way or the other, and b.) I doubt there is sufficient information on the spawn cycles of hell-hounds, documented at least. Though, the easy skill-gain is blatantly obvious.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The problem is that people learned that they can use 30 dragons to instakill monsters for easy money. I don't recall that ever happening in T2A, and not because people wouldn't use 30 dragons, because they most certainly did. I imagine it's a problem with how the guard command works here. I don't believe you should be able to have 30 pets guard you, and simply magic arrow something for it to insta-die. The percent of GM tamers here compared to that of OSI is outrageous. Most likely because of the easy of taming-macroing which I also believe never occured in T2A. If not due to the HH spawn working different, then due to the massive population that would interfere. The stables are filled with 1/20th the population of an OSI server because 80% of the people here are tamers, and 50% of those use 30 dragons.

A great many non-era problems are realized on uosa, in my opinion, due to the ease of this server. Skill gain is accelerated, and we allow macroing.

Mind you, I did not look any of this up, because a.) I don't really care one way or the other, and b.) I doubt there is sufficient information on the spawn cycles of hell-hounds, documented at least. Though, the easy skill-gain is blatantly obvious.

The reason you don't remember people doing it, or the fact that they didn't is because no one had 30 dragons. It was hard enough to kill one let alone tame on. Competition for spawns were insane. Even if someone did tame a dragon, there were so many griefers, it would rarely make its way out of the dungeon. I don't remember see people with multiple dragons, let alone 30.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mirage wrote: The reason you don't remember people doing it, or the fact that they didn't is because no one had 30 dragons. It was hard enough to kill one let alone tame on. Competition for spawns were insane. Even if someone did tame a dragon, there were so many griefers, it would rarely make its way out of the dungeon. I don't remember see people with multiple dragons, let alone 30.
That's silly, people used to regularly sell dragons by the dozen for a few k. I purchased a ton before I could tame them myself with any degree of success and frequency. Perhaps you are just more skilled at the game than you were in 99. Though my anecdotal evidence is just as transparent as your own.

How does the "guard" command work in the demo? Can you simply magic arrow something and trigger a sync attack?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Get rid of guard and bring back all kill. Problem solved.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

All guard me + magic arrow is essentially all kill (in the manner you speak of).

I remember criminal tamers with blue dragons on guard being attacked by blue players would cause them and their dragons to get whacked. But I don't know the timeframe. I am curious how it works on OSI to this day, surely someone has an account and can tame a few sheep.

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

using all guard on a batch of 50 dragons and then magic arrowing a mob is a very ineffective way of farming imho. That would require you to have the dragons re-guard you every time they killed a mob. Trying to feed a stack of dragons is nearly impossible. I think most tamers just stack the dragons and let the monsters attack the stack of pets on their own. You could completely eliminate the guard function and dragon turreting would still be very effective.

Also I would like to point out as others have that this has about a 5k negative impact on the tamers who already have their 50 dragons stabled. Every time the tamers go to dragon turret, they just buy 50 rats cats and dogs, costing 5k, claim all their dragons and stable the holders. It takes about 3 minutes tops to get that 5k back and then its all profit at a rate of about 100k an hour. Since your not commanding the dragons to do anything, their loyalty stays pretty high and you can keep the turret out for awhile.
Can we hear from a single person who dragon turrets that is put out by these full stables? I doubt one exists.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

That's my point though, you are likely correct. Those players clog the stables for the others. Not that there is anything wrong with using any mechanic to your advantage. I simply noticed the decline in stable availability is proportional to the popularity of dragon turreting.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

TBH the all guard me + magic missile thing is kinda useless with pets that are slow as snails. As long as people can lightning streak across the screen, a dragon is useless.

Tamers are broken atm. The all guard me command doesn't stay guarding like it should after they start attacking 1 monster. You have to re guard etc. This was fixed in a previous patch and broken in the recent one.
They also aren't listening like they should be. You need to constantly feed them or they ignore you completely.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

Well the only thing that comes to mind is this, those tamers who turret take a lot of risk when they hunt. Stealing 50 dragons requires some competent griefing but truly wouldn't be hard for our player base. You stealth up to the turret to whereever they have their hidden char, walk ontop of the tamers hidden char and hide again. Now your stealther is as safe as the tamers stealther, if the tamer tries to reveal you, he reveals his blocker. Then its just a matter of having a friend/you come in and kill the tamers stealther. Those dragons dont need to be lured to move, they are frisky in that 1 tile and the second ur stealther gates and moves away a tile, dragons will be pouring into that gate.
There are really a million ways to grief the turrets, easy things like watching where the tamers recall rune comes in for when the tamer banks. Block the spot and you have 30seconds plus of time to kill their stealther and gate the dragons out. I have not heard of turrets being dismantled and it would be doing just that which would help end the full stables problem. Plus, what a tale of adventure?!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It's an old idea and it's been done to death. Pks that usually gank you because they refuse to take you on alone , decide that because you upped your threat level by bringing 50 dragons that auto attack reds, they get a blue there to gate them out.

It's a fairly cowardly way to take someone on who is just farming.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

MatronDeWinter wrote:All guard me + magic arrow is essentially all kill (in the manner you speak of).

I remember criminal tamers with blue dragons on guard being attacked by blue players would cause them and their dragons to get whacked. But I don't know the timeframe. I am curious how it works on OSI to this day, surely someone has an account and can tame a few sheep.

i dont' even use magic arrow- i just simply target npc then hit attack last target. It causes the npc to attack you (which triggers the guard) unless the npc is already attacking something else. It is like this on the demo as well. Test with cats- they all run in to attack upon anything attacking you- npcs act as though when u attack them they go into war ode and double click you- that's how npcs appear to be acting on the demo and uosa live server

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

on a side note I'm curious as to how ppl get their gold from hunting spot to bank? I generally don't bank until i've accumulated around 300k or so. WTF HOW?!?!? It's my secret that I've shared with a small number of ppl- I'm just asking, how much do ppl generally have when they gate their turret out? Maybe the bang for buck isn't good for them because they're leaving too soon