Cartography Inaccuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Werthers Chewbackas

Re: Cartography Inaccuracy

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

Derrick wrote:
Werthers Chewbackas wrote:Treasure maps were ruined by a player who didn't have enough skill to decode it if it was double clicked on. This should be added.
I have never heard of anything like this. Please elaborate.
Eh, not really worth the effort for me to research it TBH. I'm sure if Faust or someone else comes across this it'll be brought up with more evidence.

Basically I remember double clicking on an undecoded treasure map with no Cartography skill and the message was something like "The treasure map crumbles in your hands". Not sure if this was simply a result of 0 skill and there's less of a chance of this happening if I had any or not.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

Derrick wrote:These changes, removing level information from maps, and allowing only the decoder to dig up the chest will be in the next publish. The publish is on hold to give an opportunity for people to know what's coming, as the existing maps will not be grandfathered.
Where does this info come from?? ( removing lvl info ) ..
I played on Baja for about 4 or so years .. I dont EVER remember them not saying their level. Maybe it was a shard difference .. maybe not.. But thats how one could figure what to sell it for, or how to prepare for the battle ( or lack there of )
And what exactly do you mean that existing maps wont be grandfathered?
I have maps in my house seperated by level. Will the lvl 5's still be lvl 5's? Will they no longer say that they are? Or does this apply only to the decoder/ digger situation?

Werthers Chewbackas

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

Cattie B wrote:
Derrick wrote:These changes, removing level information from maps, and allowing only the decoder to dig up the chest will be in the next publish. The publish is on hold to give an opportunity for people to know what's coming, as the existing maps will not be grandfathered.
I played on Baja for about 4 or so years .. I dont EVER remember them not saying their level. Maybe it was a shard difference .. maybe not.. But thats how one could figure what to sell it for, or how to prepare for the battle ( or lack there of )
I have maps in my house seperated by level. Will the lvl 5's still be lvl 5's? Will they no longer say that they are? Or does this apply only to the decoder/ digger situation?
Don't bother trying to argue. It's already in motion and the insubstantial arguments (including a neat video of Hemperor dying 3 or 4 times on a hacked demo) have been put forth in their irrefutibleness. All hail the tank mage minority elite that are Ultima Online: Second Age because it's "the way it is".

Oh and there's some link provided by a Staff member to a website that isn't even used by the main UO site but somehow managed to update itself with all the current patch notes.

http://update.uo.com/

http://www.uoherald.com/news/index.php?cat=patchNotes

It's beautiful. I wonder what else they'll come up with.

Good luck dexxers.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cattie B wrote:
Come on man, read the thread: http://update.uo.com/design_362.html

As for your maps, they should still be what level they are, except going forward you won't be able to click on them to see their level. So, keep them sorted :-)