mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should mYm be allowed a duel pit?

YES
58%
NO
42%

Total votes: 89

Clyde-

Re: mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

Post by Clyde- »

I voted no because i think pro is a bad pvper.
-cr3w-

sogg

Post by sogg »

mega smoosh dem umies in da pit? mega vode yub.

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

Why don't you just find a nice patch of grass in the middle of nowhere and duel?

Every guild on this server doesn't need their own little private duel arena crafted up by the GM's.

As "awesome" as it is... I do not agree.

There are lots of dueling spots...Do it like people used to.

Wrong, Farms, that circular clearing on Ice... The island north/east of minoc...

There are a dozen places where you can already duel...
Enough GM customization has been made to the layout...IMO.

Especially lockable doors? Come on...
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Tagarr wrote:Why don't you just find a nice patch of grass in the middle of nowhere and duel?

Every guild on this server doesn't need their own little private duel arena crafted up by the GM's.

As "awesome" as it is... I do not agree.

Wrong, Farms, that circular clearing on Ice... The island north/east of minoc...

There are a dozen places where you can already duel...

Had a PM in IRC trying to convince me to vote yes for this however I cannot. I agree with this post wholeheartedly. How is another duel pit going to help the server? Nothing against mYm I just don't see the point in all of these "add ons that will help the community". If a guild wants to do things like host events and such that's great but are they doing it for the sake of the shard or just trying to build up credit to help themselves? I subscribe to the server and don't get anything in return but the satisfaction of knowing that I'm helping keep UOSA going.

Bong Hit

Post by Bong Hit »

I personally dont care about how many gm costoms there are. It would be nice to beable to use the duel pit, now you said you want more traffic yah well why do the doors need to be lockable? Also i can see being mid duel the dogs returning from war and slaying anyone in ur town spectators of duel aswell the combatants. If mym did not have four of the best pvpers on the shard Imight compare them to ace but that would be silly. Do they deserve a decked out pit where they can lock the door mmmm prolly not the best place to put it. Do they deserve a patch of dirt put over maybe an existing house without having to clear any special land for them? Sure why not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Pro wrote:
Oooooh, I had an arena. I'm soo cool. Lalalalala, where are my flowers?

You want to duel bro? I'll give you the duel of your life...IRL.

Meet me at the specified coordinates sent via PM on the given date and prepare to meet your match. I'll throw down my entire life savings on this contestant:

I voted no just to be a jerk but you should get your arena regardless. Maybe it would matter if there were more than 30 people playing at any given time...

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Tagarr wrote:Why don't you just find a nice patch of grass in the middle of nowhere and duel?
Because a patch of grass won't attract other guilds this isn't just for us it's meant to be a community thing as mentioned in alot of posts so far.
Tagarr wrote:Every guild on this server doesn't need their own little private duel arena crafted up by the GM's.
Never said they did, never ever implied they did.
Tagarr wrote:As "awesome" as it is... I do not agree.

We currently do duel at wrong roof and infront of our houses at the minute but due to the fact everyone and their mum on this shard is a griefer its hard to get a few guilds going up there.
Tagarr wrote:There are a dozen places where you can already duel...

Lockable doors are just a precaution alot of people won't enter a tourney if they feel they're gonna lose all their items to griefers and stealthers if you'd ever attempted to host a pvp tourney you'd understand why I'm asking for such a thing.
Arkosh Kovasz wrote: Had a PM in IRC trying to convince me to vote yes for this however I cannot. I agree with this post wholeheartedly. How is another duel pit going to help the server? Nothing against mYm I just don't see the point in all of these "add ons that will help the community". If a guild wants to do things like host events and such that's great but are they doing it for the sake of the shard or just trying to build up credit to help themselves? I subscribe to the server and don't get anything in return but the satisfaction of knowing that I'm helping keep UOSA going.
We hosted the tournaments and events because we wanted too not that it has any relevance to the subject.
And as for all these "unused" customs why not remove them? it makes no sense to leave a stale item existing if it unused and we cannot be held accountable for other guilds lack luster efforts to get their town area's booming and hosting events.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

I for one think this would be a Great Idea, a fine way to ge more Guild interaction

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Jester

Post by Jester »

I voted Yes to this. I think it'd be sweet with another active PvP area, especially a dueling area where maybe newbs like me can be taught a thing or two!

And I have to say I have a very different experience from the people who've said in IRC they only got ganked and griefed. I've been PK'ed a few times by mYm guys (They were always 2 those bastards!) but they left me 5 of each recall reg + most of my stuff. They took my weapons, gold and regs but atleast didn't dryloot me just for the sake of it, my two cents.

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

Pro wrote:
Because a patch of grass won't attract other guilds this isn't just for us it's meant to be a community thing as mentioned in alot of posts so far.
Tagarr wrote:Every guild on this server doesn't need their own little private duel arena crafted up by the GM's.
Never said they did, never ever implied they did.
Tagarr wrote:As "awesome" as it is... I do not agree.

We currently do duel at wrong roof and infront of our houses at the minute but due to the fact everyone and their mum on this shard is a griefer its hard to get a few guilds going up there.
Tagarr wrote:There are a dozen places where you can already duel...

Lockable doors are just a precaution alot of people won't enter a tourney if they feel they're gonna lose all their items to griefers and stealthers if you'd ever attempted to host a pvp tourney you'd understand why I'm asking for such a thing.
Arkosh Kovasz wrote: Had a PM in IRC trying to convince me to vote yes for this however I cannot. I agree with this post wholeheartedly. How is another duel pit going to help the server? Nothing against mYm I just don't see the point in all of these "add ons that will help the community". If a guild wants to do things like host events and such that's great but are they doing it for the sake of the shard or just trying to build up credit to help themselves? I subscribe to the server and don't get anything in return but the satisfaction of knowing that I'm helping keep UOSA going.
We hosted the tournaments and events because we wanted too not that it has any relevance to the subject.
And as for all these "unused" customs why not remove them? it makes no sense to leave a stale item existing if it unused and we cannot be held accountable for other guilds lack luster efforts to get their town area's booming and hosting events.

I have hosted and been in many many, many...many dueling tournaments.

Griefing, stealthing, and looting is part of UO.

A GOOD planned tournament will have a team of PVPers that are there specifically to kill and safeguard the tournament from griefers. I've seen it and done it many times. It works. Sure...a couple guys won't be able to participate, who cares?

You don't need a private dueling arena. This isn't a Sphere server where everything is customized to a whim whenever someone asks. Having 4-5 different MAN-MADE duel-pits around the map is absolutely absurd. I remember there being 1 GM-made dueling pit on each of the servers I played on. (Napa, Atlantic, Chessy)

AND...

Lockable doors? Come on carebear. This is UO, not WoW. (PLZ DON'T, I DUNNA WANNA LOSE THE ITAMZ I WORKED FOR 30 MINUTES TO GET...WAHHHHHHHHHHH)

Man-up.
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i hope you get an arena so i can wtf leet pvp you to death with an audience watching
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Pro

Post by Pro »

Tagarr wrote:

I have hosted and been in many many, many...many dueling tournaments.

Griefing, stealthing, and looting is part of UO.

A GOOD planned tournament will have a team of PVPers that are there specifically to kill and safeguard the tournament from griefers. I've seen it and done it many times. It works. Sure...a couple guys won't be able to participate, who cares?

You don't need a private dueling arena. This isn't a Sphere server where everything is customized to a whim whenever someone asks. Having 4-5 different MAN-MADE duel-pits around the map is absolutely absurd. I remember there being 1 GM-made dueling pit on each of the servers I played on. (Napa, Atlantic, Chessy)

AND...

Lockable doors? Come on carebear. This is UO, not WoW. (PLZ DON'T, I DUNNA WANNA LOSE THE ITAMZ I WORKED FOR 30 MINUTES TO GET...WAHHHHHHHHHHH)

Man-up.

There's 2 Duel pits, and as much as griefing is part of uo it means We'll have less people per tourney reducing the overal experience for everyone involved Personally I'll be running a detecter at the doors anyway but as I've already stated its not a vital feature and something I can live without.

imo you seem to just have a grudge against us and you're going to criticize anything I say. As I've already said unlike the other 2 arenas on this server it will be very active, the problem isn't creating new arenas its the old ones being unused.

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

There's 2 Duel pits, and as much as griefing is part of uo it means We'll have less people per tourney reducing the overal experience for everyone involved Personally I'll be running a detecter at the doors anyway but as I've already stated its not a vital feature and something I can live without.

imo you seem to just have a grudge against us and you're going to criticize anything I say. As I've already said unlike the other 2 arenas on this server it will be very active, the problem isn't creating new arenas its the old ones being unused.
I seriously have nothing against you.
I don't have anything against anybody on this server other than people like Luca who act as though they are 12.

Have yourself a little duel arena. But expect it to be a spot that gets lots undesired PvP attention. That's part of the game.

If anything, I would approve having a GM make a wall-less square or octagonal type dueling "arena". But to have your own area with GM-made walls and lockable doors? I do not agree with.
- Bud of Atlantic

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Nobody actually f'ing plays. What's the point of this stupid thread? What's the point of any of them?

Christ, this is pathetic.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Mephistopheles wrote:Nobody actually f'ing plays. What's the point of this stupid thread? What's the point of any of them?

Christ, this is pathetic.
Whats the point of this post? Or your previous one? Or any of them?

If you cant say anything constructive then please find a trash talk thread to troll instead of this one.