Needing help with templates

Moderator: Support Moderators

Arnie_West

Needing help with templates

Post by Arnie_West »

Hi everyone, new player here. I've heard lots of good things about the shard, but starting on your own is never easy, so i retreated for a while. Anyway i'll learn from my mistakes and hopefully my second try will be the one that hooks me up with the shard.

The first setback is related to character builds. I like being a stealthy bastards, but the T2A wiki rogue templates have no magery. Sure, i dont intend to use magery much, but it's a pain to rely on others for travel. Is there any safe compromise? Any skill i could drop to have at least enough magery for a recall spell?

Thanks for any useful information that might come and i hope to see you around

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Needing help with templates

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

stealth
hide
magery
meditation
snoop
steal
wrestling
could even drop magery and med to 75 for 50 healing in case you don't want to risk getting guardwhacked with regs on you to start bandaging before you reach the bank for your reg bag and deposit your goods.

that's a town theif

What do you want your character to do besides stealth...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Arnie_West

Post by Arnie_West »

Sorry, i should've specified. I'm thinking about omething like a stealth archer?

maybe:
archery
hiding
stealth
tactics
anatomy
and something else, plus the minimun required to cast recall with 100% chance of success

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealth
Hide
Archery
tactics
Magery
Resist
Anatomy/ meditation or combination of the two depending if you play more offensive or defensive

Wrestling also might be a good choice so you can cast if it comes to melee or Healing so you don't have to disarm to heal yourself...of course it would be without anatomy though.

you have to make that decision based on playstyle.

If it were me I would drop stealth all together and just use hide...make use of polymorphs in dungeons slimes or naturally found more harmless creatures perferrably.

Hide
Magery
Resist
Archery
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy

Stats
100 str 75 dex 50 int
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

bump/edit

Arnie_West

Post by Arnie_West »

thanks a lot man, i might use that first template.

Return to “New Player Help”