Concerning this server

Topics related to Second Age
alatar

Re: Concerning this server

Post by alatar »

Taboo wrote:
son wrote:
Taboo wrote:I worked for all my characters, you don't know me noob. So get it right,

who do you morons think you are saying ban lol. You don't affect that decision, so suffer no delusions. I am well within the forum and board topic. Oh no gee don't ban me like hemporer, but as a side note.. he shouldn't have been unbanned imo.

you are idiots because what you say shouldn't be done is almost practically done within the trophy point system. erasing counts of murder isnt the same as purchasing a gm skill, it could be looked at as more of like a name change deed.

but really this is just one thing, there are many good points about other servers that could be adopted without losing the server's purpose. Just a matter of what is appropriate and fun and whats not.
You played a newb tamer and joined ace, thus forfeiting the right to call people newb.

Erasing murder counts for a fee is infact free skill gain since you have to REGAIN SKILL when you take stat. Not too hard to understand?

You don't know me, and that doesnt sum me up.

and thats not the same as purchasing skill gains.
It is when you have 300+ long terms.. You aren't getting the concept here.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

you can set limits, and your missing the bigger picture which is not murder counts.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Here ya go Taboo. Try this link: http://www.uosecondage.com

Excerpt from above link.
Since inception, the goal, vision and rationale of even creating this shard has been very simple but unique:

We aim to replicate the T2A era as best we can and within technical limitations as a whole.
We do not intend to ever change any aspect of normal gameplay to particularly favor any playstyle or to protect or further expose any players to to the in-game risk that was a large part of this era.
We will especially not pull aspects of other eras into this one, even with an overwhelming demand of players.
We believe that "proper" gameplay can only be achieved by taking the era as a whole and accept it for what it was. Tampering with the era in hope of achieving balance is not something that we will do, nor do we believe is achievable across all playstyles. Diversity of players and playstyles is a necessity of a healthy shard. Every type of play depends on another, and this is why UO is absolutely the greatest MMORPG ever crafted.

With that said, we do still continue to strive to become more correct and true to the era. Player feedback and research is a big part of this process. We don't claim to have everything perfect yet, but we do continue to actively work towards that goal.

Are you tired of playing the same cookie cutter games that lack accomplishments, true friendships, epic battles, and a sense of free will? Now, the greatest 2D game has returned with a vengeance.

Second Age is a free Ultima Online Shard that can be accessed by anyone with the UO client software.

Second Age is the most accurate emulation of the UO: T2A era online today. There are no giveaways. On UO Second Age you will build your character(s) from the ground up. We will stay as accurate to the Pre-UO:R/T2A era as we can. The biggest exception to this is that there are many custom events both regularly scheduled, and staff run. Currently, we have Capture the Flag, Double Domination, Deathmatch, and Dueling Tournaments (1v1+), and unique PvM quests implemented. We have also introduced completely original "Story" Events based on the classic UO fiction.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Here ya go Taboo. Try this link: http://www.uosecondage.com

Excerpt from above link.

Are you tired of playing the same cookie cutter games that lack accomplishments, true friendships, epic battles, and a sense of free will? Now, the greatest 2D game has returned with a vengeance.

really everything else doesn't apply, the things i'm talking about = simple things that don't affect what is within that quote, but just happen to be on other servers.

HOWEVER THIS ONE, says a lot ya?

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Taboo wrote:I dunno, I was thinking about playing online again, and before Aion or D3 comes out I was going to play some UO.

So, I went shopping for a free UO server and while doing all of my research, it is really clear that there are a few obvious things both positive and negative about uot2a.

First let me say, I love how on this server you have to work for every .1 skill gain. No instant +skill tickets or anything. Players on other servers have told me they liked that as well.

BUT

I gotta say that while this server has one of the highest populations, it should be noted that multiple servers have matching pops for a few simple reasons that they all seem to have in common. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to have established accounts on one of the best servers, but i'm telling you these other players don't like t2a because of the simple lack of economy action here.

On other servers, they don't really keep to a era pub or age, its really really loosely based. Players don't even seem to care or be aware of age specifics, besides AOS changes. So what do they care about?

Other servers economies are booming, and the players love it because of this.

Are you seriously going to continue to shoot yourself in the foot?

Use incentives to donate, and allow for some unique items or something original besides just the trophy system.

I mean a little research concerning compromise points that wouldn't necessarily affect the overall idea for the theme of this server would be largely beneficial.... like say double the player pop?

Just hop on the other servers and see what they do and ask what they like. People love t2a skills/playstyles, but this server itself is lacking on just a few things that other servers share to make it #1... And again it's Obvious.

If you would like an example: Allow people to sell t2a gold for RL $.
Just curious, what about the economy here don't you like?

Also
Just hop on the other servers and see what they do and ask what they like. People love t2a skills/playstyles, but this server itself is lacking on just a few things that other servers share to make it #1... And again it's Obvious.
What do you feel it's lacking? Obviously, it isn't so obvious to those of us who love the shard the way it is.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

I don't like how there are more poor people here than not. Other servers bypass this by giving true noobs money and prizes with a few simple tricks. Like say A NEW PLAYER TICKET that you can match with another new player and get a prize.

or a guild package for bringing a group of players on with you when you donate to the server, helps guilds get established if all criteria are met. Once you got them, a referral prize would continue this GENRE, but there are more things than just this.

other servers have done a lot of things, that isn't a vulgar spit on a high ethics server like this.

the NPCs act differently, and the trophy system is bland.. there should be more.

Honestly, you could compose a list... but ultimately like it or not some of the things they do WORK.

People on other servers OBVIOUSLY have fun at the banks, not just macro and get sh*t stolen from them. This ultimately affects positively every aspect of UO game play, and leads to noob exploration... because believe it or not, not everyone that plays these servers are UO vets.

and btw, I say this having not stepped foot in trammel since i played on OSI. These people are doing this in fel.

lets not forget THE TROPHY SYSTEM ISN'T ERA ACCURATE.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Taboo wrote:I don't like how there are more poor people here than not. Other servers bypass this by giving true noobs money and prizes with a few simple tricks. Like say A NEW PLAYER TICKET that you can match with another new player and get a prize.

or a guild package for bringing a group of players on with you when you donate to the server, helps guilds get established if all criteria are met. Once you got them, a referral prize would continue this GENRE, but there are more things than just this.

other servers have done a lot of things, that isn't a vulgar spit on a high ethics server like this.

the NPCs act differently, and the trophy system is bland.. there should be more.

Honestly, you could compose a list... but ultimately like it or not some of the things they do WORK.

People on other servers OBVIOUSLY have fun at the banks, not just macro and get sh*t stolen from them. This ultimately affects positively every aspect of UO game play, and leads to noob exploration... because believe it or not, not everyone that plays these servers are UO vets.

and btw, I say this having not stepped foot in trammel since i played on OSI. These people are doing this in fel.

lets not forget THE TROPHY SYSTEM ISN'T ERA ACCURATE.
This shard is replicating the Second Age. You start with what you started with in the Second Age.

This isn't Taboo's Custom Hideout (4 online). Waste of a topic, way to bring me up as well, I feel the love.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kael
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kael »

Taboo wrote:like a deed with $10 donation that resets murder counts as another example or other unique and valuable items.
Because you can't donate money for items is one of the main reasons I play on this server. When looking for my first free shard to try, that was the first thing I checked. If you want something in game you have to work in game for it, this isn't an Asian free to play MMO. You should donate because you want to help the staff out for the job they do on their own time so you can play a game you used to love for free, not for your own personal gain.

If people are really as poor as you're saying here, then it's their choice to be that poor. You can be very successful in this game without having 10 houses or thousands of gold in each character's bank. Anyone can easily start a warrior bard with their first 100 gold and be able to buy their first small house within a week or two. I never had a bard on OSI, so if I can do it then pretty much anyone can, all it takes is a little bit of effort. And that's why these forums (and once in a while IRC if it isn't being flooded with moronic things) are here as well, they provide a wealth of information that is readily available to anyone who looks. There are plenty of guides on how to do things in game, including one that tells you how to start a warrior from scratch with 0 income, and every single place that is good for a bard to hunt.

People who play games these days are so soft any more, they always want the easy way out. Play just about any old NES game and it's worlds more difficult than almost every other game released within the past 5 years.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Whatever, you guys are skirting the fact that there is possibility for massive upgrades via some extra features on this server that are present on others.

Incentive to donate is just one feature obviously not present here. BTW, it could be a pair of neon red sandles with $20 donation, how can you even argue against something like that?

There are other features that can be beneficial that are PRESENT on other servers. You can't really argue against that either.

Furthermore like i said, the trophy system isn't "era accurate" but present. Not to mention having a cannon in your house, or custom cities. It would be the same if I was a member of another server telling them about the trophy system, custom cities, and era accuracy.

Get real, this server is a duplication of the skill sets/play style of t2a, which is a good thing because its a great era.

You're really a selfish moron if you don't want more people to play and have fun, why would you even argue extra features that would inevitably bring/keep people. Yet not alter the t2a era.

Hemporer you're an idiot, you shouldn't have been unbanned imo.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Wow, what a complete waste of 2 minutes. If you want people to listen to your idea, maybe you should learn how to type coherent sentences and paragraphs with, gasp, punctuation. Maybe develop your thoughts on what you think is needed and give us some better examples of something that might fit in with the era accuracy this shard is aiming for. Don't just post some half stoned ideas then call everyone stupid and a noob who doesn't agree with you. This is smelling more and more of troll.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This thread is degenerating fast.
Please use the discussion and suggestion threads to make points without hurling personal insults back and forth.

Arguments on both sides of this issue are valid as personal opinions.

Ps: Letterien beat me to it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Once you bring in ANY type of donation reward, it opens the flood gates for more...and more. It's been a rule since day one that there will be NO donation rewards of any kind.

Neon sandals/reset of murders is bad. No. Stop it. Go away.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Gringo

Post by Gringo »

Taboo....you are calling people morons yet you are the one that displays the traits of a moron. You say you like how this server has T2A ruleset and that you have to work for everything. Then you talk about adding things that totally contradict that. You dont make any sense whatsoever. Anyways, working for everything means just that...working for everything. I'll second that one of the main reasons I play here is because there are no donator freebies and everything must be earned through effort in game. I also dont see a population issue here at all and it continues to grow everyday as more and more people find out about this server. This server is made for old school players of the game that want an authentic feel to the game they played many years ago. Would I sacrifice the authentic experience for more players? Not a chance. My advice to you is either put in the work here and earn everything you want or find a server that will accept daddies money to get you ahead the easy way.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Only thing i would suggest is a ticket that keeps your house up for 3 weeks instead of 2 just for some people that holiday etc more a practical thing then gief us moniez

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Taboo wrote: Incentive to donate is just one feature obviously not present here. BTW, it could be a pair of neon red sandles with $20 donation, how can you even argue against something like that?

There are other features that can be beneficial that are PRESENT on other servers. You can't really argue against that either.
It has already been mentioned why this wont work... Once you start selling pixels/skills/titles/hues/murder reductions.... where/when does it stop?

So yeah, it can be "argued".

I dont understand the concept of donation based incentives. Would spending $20 to have neon red sandals make you feel like you accomplished something? Wouldnt you rather win enough points from the tourney to earn them?

Vet rewards? Yeah, i could see that working like it did on OSI if they were to be added but donation based incentives is a huge can of worms that has no need to be opened here.