Guilds

Topics related to Second Age
The Real Hemperor

Re: Guilds

Post by The Real Hemperor »

My dad is in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Hemperor
Grizzly Adams
Kid Cannon
an energy vortex

<Syntax_TW> civilian casualty? i'm supposed to care?
america ftw ^

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

You should look into our guild if you are interested an don't brush us off as a 'large' guild. You will probably be happily surprised by the activity and surplus of events and groupings to join in on. We aren't a pvp guild and we aren't a farming guild. I would say we are what guilds were meant to be. A group of players available to do whatever in game with no real motives other than fun.
We are easily the most diverse group of players on the shard and love to have new people join us.
All we require is that you are an active player and are willing to socialize in game not be a solo player.

Give it a chance, come to a few of our events, you dont need to actually join our guild to be part of our guild.
Many players on the shard i would consider our guildies even though they are in different guilds.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

What is "your guild"? You don't give a name or even what type of RP it is. Hard to recruit with a message of Join Me, not them!

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Vishakt wrote:What is "your guild"? You don't give a name or even what type of RP it is. Hard to recruit with a message of Join Me, not them!
From what I've heard Vishakt, they aren't a RP guild. They are a collection of players that just hang out together and host events. This isn't a bad thing, it's just not a RP guild.

MisterE

Post by MisterE »

TBG came about as a result of Refugees from a now defunct server, moving here in mass when aforementioned server crapped out.

Most of us didn't know anyone here and ALL of our toons sucked... also some of us weren't/aren't familiar with this era's rule set. Getting your newbtoon ass killed by crappy mobs is embarasing enough when it's your pals standing around laughing their asses off... no one wants that shit being seen by strangers in a new world.

So yeah, thats our story and thats why we made a new guild (carryover from old shard actualy) when we landed here, instead of looking to join an existing outfit.

*salutes*

alcon

Post by alcon »

you could always just have a few small guilds all hit one stone, and then whoever owns the stone can put different guild titles for the different people. I guess the only problem with that would be deciding who would actually own the stone and if all the different guild masters could work together.

Edit: Just so there isn't any confusion when I said "different guild title" I meant like different guild tags in their actual titles.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Lor wrote:So I've been playing here almost two months now and I enjoy it thoroughly. I'm unemployed and it helps pass the time between applications and interviews, so naturally with spending so much time playing on here I've noticed some things that could use some improvement, namely the amount of guilds.

It seems like everyone and their brother has a guild to either macro with their alternate characters or to have a band of 3-4 friends. Either way, it leaves less possible recruits for those guilds with serious goals. The only really large guilds I've seen (such as UoH, K^A, and T^B, ACE, etc) have the numbers because they either had a surge in recruitment in the past and now are mostly inactive, or because they have many alternates on the stone.

My own guild that my brother and I started consists only of both of us and our friend. I was disappointed when we made up an entire guild structure, got a house, a stone, and a goal, and I've only had 2 people express any interest, both of whom decided against joining. I don't blame anyone for that, maybe my guild isn't interesting to the players here or maybe it's too much like one that's already here, but either way it seems like the majority of players here macro all day and PvP all night, with some gold farming in between.

The small section of the shard that is into roleplaying (which is what type of game this is) has a small base as well. But still I see people starting new guilds and trying new things. What's wrong with the options that are out there? I personally will be joining another guild soon because of my guilds failure.

For a roleplaying game there are sure a lot of people who don't consider a guild anything more than a way to fight other people.

Please don't flame, only discuss.
Please invite old friends from UO that you know! We need more RP'ers here on this shard... it is one aspect that is missing for the most part. The problem is most RP'ers can't handle being pk'ed consistently or they can't handle the non-RP community(just my opinion) I would like to see more of every type of person on this shard though. It can only mean a brighter future for the shard overall. Something else that is missing is a major anti-PK movement.

Lor

Post by Lor »

PoV is an anti-pk guild, but no one wants to join. Most of the good PvPers either have a PK or don't really care so that leaves a bunch of inexperienced PvM characters running around trying to kill these characters who are trained for one thing: to kill other players. I guess UOSA players are just evil. :O

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Lor wrote:PoV is an anti-pk guild, but no one wants to join. Most of the good PvPers either have a PK or don't really care so that leaves a bunch of inexperienced PvM characters running around trying to kill these characters who are trained for one thing: to kill other players. I guess UOSA players are just evil. :O
Is that the guild you were saying didn't work out? I haven't even seen an advertisement of any kind for it. Try going around the shard and actively recruiting decent fighters. You should be able to get a few people at least.