Rare Spawns

Topics related to Second Age
pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Rare Spawns

Post by pollycracker89 »

im lawling at this subject entirely too much.

btw- pollycracker89=sandpoptart=pancakes=female. kthx

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Okay not to distract from your Illumanati vs Layman royal rumble going on...but lately I have been collecting common books from libraries and such. Is there a listing of book titles out there?

Some seem to spawn more then others, are there any that are considered rare?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the whole collection is pretty easy to get a hold of. I believe you can find a listing of the books on uo stratics.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Alexander02

Post by Alexander02 »

Hoots wrote: Where they accepting new members before Caswallon blew the whistle on your attempt at "rare market control"? :) :o :lol:
I just recently joined the guild a few weeks back, before any of this was posted. I did not even know there was such a hunt for rares, hadn't even discussed or mentioned rare locations with any guild member. I have however participated in hunts, treasure map excursions.. helping guild members farm gold and practicing pvp with a few. So in my experience this guild is very welcome to new players :)

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

tekai wrote:To those that believe for one minute that the prices of rares will go down, you are sadly mistaken.

If anything we have just been made more wealthy.

long live the Illuminati, goodluck getting next years' spawns.
People take this game too seriously. I put little stake into something that could be wiped out by some goon with a bottle of soda.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Cata can you read you spacker? Ive stated i am not accusing UoH as a guild already. And it was my intention to make my work public all along, ask anyone who knew of what i was doing. Regardles of my books getting stolen by Gateman. And PK'd twice? Uhm no, just once, while i was AFK soothing tekais rage, ive always planned on doing this, from day one.

Look at all the people i expected crowding together. Got ya back dawg. Rage more you lot, all your doing is proving my point for me, thanks! Pay some more poor quality reds to come camp the wrong tower you retards.

Hopefully some of these items will come up for sale now, rather than being stock piled in a keep with the other 20, of being placed on vendors for 3x what anyone would pay in the trade forums.
?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Caswallon wrote:Regardles of my books getting stolen by Gateman.
+1 for [cA]

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Caswallon wrote:Regardles of my books getting stolen by Gateman.
+1 for [cA]
Indeed, and if you speak to Pristiq im sure he will tell you i was more in admiration of the tactics of Gateman than raging about losing some books in a game.
?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Alexander02 wrote:
Hoots wrote: Where they accepting new members before Caswallon blew the whistle on your attempt at "rare market control"? :) :o :lol:
I just recently joined the guild a few weeks back, before any of this was posted. I did not even know there was such a hunt for rares, hadn't even discussed or mentioned rare locations with any guild member. I have however participated in hunts, treasure map excursions.. helping guild members farm gold and practicing pvp with a few. So in my experience this guild is very welcome to new players :)
more sheep

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

hoots is jelous we denied him entry into the iluminati, no rusty key :<
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

nubi

Post by nubi »

Cataclyst wrote:You are the dumbest person that I have ever known on UO.

It's quite obvious that you only went public with all of this because you were retarded enough to have a thief random steal all four of your runebooks, and get pk'd twice with another set of four on you.

There is no conspiracy, or anything. Blackfoot sells RARE spawns.. like everyone else sells IRON INGOTS and BOARDS. Why don't you cry about people not sharing macros, after all they found/developed the technique to perfect it to make money that way, Blackfoot and the rest of us just do ours in the way of rares, it's how we make our money. Sharing these locations isn't going to make the price go down, most of us it won't even affect because locations mean nothing without the timer (1-2 days of spawning).

Your just a complete joke and a tool, no more than a kid raging because he lost his stuff because he's too retarded to think logically.
Just for the record. I speak to caswallon often and not once have I heard him complain about him losing a runebook.

What I have heard him complain about, is all the secrecy surrounding these rares. I share his opinion, and so does alot of other people on this server. Funny enough everyone except the people who knows about them.

I don't see Caswallon raging at any point through this process. If anyone's raging its you lot. For instance I would say that hiring someone to camp our towers and using bugs to kill us while macroing, that might be taking it too far.

Blackfoot might sell rare spawns, like everyone else sells ingots and boards. But if I, just for the sake of the argument, were to buy all the ingots on this server and sell it for twice the price, who would that benefit besides myself? I have repeatedly tried to buy certain rares (which still spawns) but it have proven to be close to impossible, and I wonder why. I have an explaination, which I will not bore you with. However I think that making the spawns public will benefit alot more than it will harm. That's pretty much all I care about here.
Last edited by nubi on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

nubi

Post by nubi »

Cutpurse wrote:
tekai wrote:To those that believe for one minute that the prices of rares will go down, you are sadly mistaken.

If anything we have just been made more wealthy.

long live the Illuminati, goodluck getting next years' spawns.
People take this game too seriously. I put little stake into something that could be wiped out by some goon with a bottle of soda.

Agreed.

And I don't follow tekai's argument at all. I dont see how adding to the supply can increase prices.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Because now instead of established players, who enjoyed the scavenger hunt aspect of rare hunting (the last thing the game really has available to us) there will be semi-new players, using 50/50 new charecter bots to camp the spots. I've already seen it since this thread has gone up.

These players will either be keeping them for themselves becuase they have no rares, or they will attempt to get as much gold as they can for them.

You chastise us as being really mean and awful. But Cas asked about rarespawns, and myself andseveral people helped him. I sure dont see that as anything but really nice. So we didnt share a half dozen spots, we were not done with those yet!

So the prices will not be going down, thats as delusional a thought as us having a secret organization to keep people from getting items..
[broken image]

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

tekai wrote:Because now instead of established players, who enjoyed the scavenger hunt aspect of rare hunting (the last thing the game really has available to us) there will be semi-new players, using 50/50 new charecter bots to camp the spots. I've already seen it since this thread has gone up.

These players will either be keeping them for themselves becuase they have no rares, or they will attempt to get as much gold as they can for them.
This would only be the case if said newbies actually had an idea of what the rares are worth in the first place. If they don't then they will happily take 30k as to get started on a mage character or whatever.

If all the rares locations went public, then after awhile the prices will drop.
The more people looking for the rares, the more common the knowledge of the spawn timers.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Recently we've had two morons start picking up rares *or aquired them* Galendae, and Lazarith. Both of them new(ish) players with alot of rares... what do they do? Sell them for 8x what they are worth. There isn't a single rare that I have a double of that I wouldn't be willing to sell. THe thing that you guys have always been failing to see is.. what benefit is it to anyone who is trying to make money, to share all the locations? As I said before, you don't see Marfu or anyone sharing mining locations and whatnot...

Your reasoning behind all of this is out of spite and stupidity. Nice way to play a game, if I cared enough I'd continue to constantly kill all you NEU guys, and own you 1v2 some more, but it's boring fighting people who put up less of a fight than ACE.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics