Input on my PvM build!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Jester

Input on my PvM build!

Post by Jester »

Hello!

I have a Bard/Archer who is more or less finished, but I'm considering switching my template up for fun!

Current Skills
---------------
GM Musicianship
GM Provocation
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy -- Change to GM Fencing
72 Magery (For access into Wind)
80 Healing
48 Resist

100 Str ---- Change to 90/95
100 Dex ---- Change to 90/95
25 Int ---- Change to 35/45

The biggest change is going for Fencing instead of Anatomy. I know that my melee/archery damage will take a hit when I lose the +20% damage done from Anatomy, but it's pretty fun and awesome to have both Archery and Fencing imo ;>
But the main damage source is still my Provoking ability, the rest is just bonus!

The Magery skill is for getting into Wind, Curing, occasional emergency Heal and recalling. My very small amount of Magic Resist is for the odd EB/FS I get from Liches, Deamons and the like! Even with only 48 I see a big difference in damage taken compared to when I had 0, so I feel it's worth it.

What I'm also wondering about is what kind of damage output from Fencing/Archery will I be looking at if I actully make the switch? And whereabouts would the Healing numbers land on my bandages without Anatomy?

Thanks in advance for tips and input!

/Jester

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Input on my PvM build!

Post by Daolin »

I think you will be really hurting yourself by swapping anatomy to fencing. I don't really see the point there. I think the resist just at 48 is kind of a waste, especially considering you're a bard and shouldn't be nuked very long at all. Maybe i'm weird about templates, but with your magery that high and the fact that you have prov., you could save points by using magery for heals.

If you don't want hiding, you could go for a weird prov/mage/arch template:

100 music
100 prov
100 archery
100 tactics
100 Magery
100 eval
100 med

90 str / 85 dex / 50 int

Of if you prefer to have hiding:

100 music
100 prov
100 archery
100 tactics
100 hiding
100 magery
100 meditation

90 str / 85 dex / 50 int

Krats

Post by Krats »

Daolin wrote: 100 music
100 prov
100 archery
100 tactics
100 hiding
100 magery
100 meditation

90 str / 85 dex / 50 int
I would lean to this temp personally
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

If you have to keep the archer/bard build this is what I would change it to. This will be very easy to adjust to your template since most of your skills are already GM'ed.

Stats:

100 str
100 dex
25 dex

** if you use magery for more than just recalling then maybe 90 dex and 35 int

Archery isn't that quick even with 100 dex. If you plan to use 30 magery very often via scrolls for magic reflection, greater heal, recall etc.. then you might want to drop archery for fencing. If you drop too much dex with archery so you have 45-50 int to cast more spells... you will be shooting arrows pretty slow.

Skills:

GM Musicianship
GM Provocation
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Healing
30 Magery/ 70 hiding

70 hiding and 30 magery will allow you to recall with a scroll and cast up to lvl 4-5 using scrolls too. The hiding skill is VERY USEFUL when waiting for monsters to respawn. I've avoided many PK's by hiding while waiting for the respawn. 30 magery also allows you to escape from PK's almost instantly if you have a macro/hot key set up.

Adding fencing and keeping 72 magery on this type of build isn't too great of an idea in my opinion. 72 Magery without at least 50 int is handicapping yourself. Plus you have no meditation to recover your mana quickly. Two fighting skills on a bard is inefficient. I got rid of magic resist because your build focuses on the monsters attacking themselves.

If you want a Bard build that is efficient and great for killing monsters quickly I would go the mage/bard.

GM Magery
GM Eval Int
GM Meditation
GM Musicianship
GM Provocation
GM Magic Resist
GM Wrestling

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

No matter the template unless its a townie, crafter, or a cocky rogue that thinks he/she could stealth through anything Resist is essential in your template.

I wouldn't go less then 65 on it ever, unless you dont mind dieing and just carry only expendable resources with you just hunting for your PVP character.

I like to try to survive as long as possible myself.

The 7x Provoker/Mage listed previously is the one I essentially use but you could go.

Provoke 100
Magery 75 (7th,8th circle scroll use)
Resist 70
Anatomy 100
Healing 85
Music 100
Archery 100
Tactics/Wrestling/or Med at 70*

*-The last skill selection should vary on playstyle. Tactics to conserve mana relying primarily on combat, Wrestling
to aide in recall in dire situations, meditation if you plan on using summons to speed up hunting rate.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”