Ice Island

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Onslaught

Ice Island

Post by Onslaught »

I don't know if you've covered this or not but deceit island is definitely not accurate. There was nothing on ice island except orcs and orc camps. Also, untamed pets were aggressive towards any other aggressive NPC and even red players.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Derrick

Re: Ice Island

Post by Derrick »

I was not aware of the Frost Troll spawn at the time myself, but I'm positive that animals spawned there.
Here's some info on Dagger Island spawns from Aug 1998:
IceIslandSpawns.gif
IceIslandSpawns.gif (20.97 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
Here's the whole map:
spawnmap.jpg

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

Derrick wrote:I was not aware of the Frost Troll spawn at the time myself, but I'm positive that animals spawned there.
IceIslandSpawns.gif
Here's the whole map:
spawnmap.jpg
No, the animals are correct. The white wolves, walruses, snow leopards and polar bears were all there. But the only aggressive NPC's were camps of orcs. There were no frost trolls or snow elementals. And I actually think the spawn was more congested during that era as well.

Not only on ice island but all pretamed animals were still aggressive towards aggressive NPC's and red players though, something you're missing here on T2A. That's really how the spawn fixed itself on ice island because all the pretamed animals would get slaughtered by the orcs.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Onslaught wrote:
Derrick wrote:I was not aware of the Frost Troll spawn at the time myself, but I'm positive that animals spawned there.
IceIslandSpawns.gif
Here's the whole map:
spawnmap.jpg
No, the animals are correct. The white wolves, walruses, snow leopards and polar bears were all there. But the only aggressive NPC's were camps of orcs. There were no frost trolls or snow elementals. And I actually think the spawn was more congested during that era as well.

Not only on ice island but all pretamed animals were still aggressive towards aggressive NPC's and red players though, something you're missing here on T2A. That's really how the spawn fixed itself on ice island because all the pretamed animals would get slaughtered by the orcs.
Gotcha. To be honest I was always doubtful of the Frost Trolls myself. That's very interesting on the pretamed; I understand what you were saying now.

I'm going to do a lil research to verify and we'll get this in. Thanks.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Now that I think about it, I do remember there being a few orcs in between the cramped housing back in the day on Dagger Isle. I could be remembering UO:R though too, I don't know if spawns were changed then or not. This was still pre-trammel times though. God my memory is foggy :mrgreen:

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

Yeah, if theres one thing I did alot of in T2A and beyond was taming so really anything that has to do with it i have a pretty good memory of. I'm absolutely 100% positive on the pretamed pets part though.

The best I could do is possibly find some old screenshots of it but I doubt that'll be efficient enough heh
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

that spawn map is an amazing resource. We should emulate that 100%

Just skimming over some of the spawn spots I know I am positive about in 99 match those descriptions exactly on the map. Especially fire isle temple. 1 dragon, 1 drake, 2 fire eles slow ass respawn timer. Great great find. I could never get the full map to generate from stratics

Now where is the full dungeon map :P

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:that spawn map is an amazing resource. We should emulate that 100%

Just skimming over some of the spawn spots I know I am positive about in 99 match those descriptions exactly on the map. Especially fire isle temple. 1 dragon, 1 drake, 2 fire eles slow ass respawn timer. Great great find. I could never get the full map to generate from stratics

Now where is the full dungeon map :P
I was a light spawn. I remember waiting there forever for spawn back in the day, but at least by the end of T2A there was a demon that spawned up top.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

NO WAY! One whole demon?!?! Thats what...500gp worth of waiting? Man im hunting there from now on :lol:
-cr3w-