Stuck at verifying account

seriphos

Stuck at verifying account

Post by seriphos »

I go to log into Second Age from razor and I get stuck at Verifying account... I made sure the server address was right and checked the internet its all fine. I tried using different private servers and the others work perfectly. I checked EVERYTHING. I made sure I had the right versions which I do. Ive done this EXACTLY the same way for about 3 months no problems. But like I said it still gets stuck at Verifying Account. Ive reinstalled both things still same problem. Another person had the same problem I am right now and he was told his IP address was in the firewall. Idk but Ive done this exactly the same way and the OSI encryption is unchecked and Patch Client is checked. Everything is like it should be but It still gets stuck at Verifying Account. Any suggestions?

Derrick

Re: Stuck at verifying account

Post by Derrick »

Sorry about the trouble we had a very unusual problem last night that took us offline until it was fixed this morning.

seriphos

Post by seriphos »

Derrick wrote:Sorry about the trouble we had a very unusual problem last night that took us offline until it was fixed this morning.
I think it may be doing it again.

Tor'Kak

Post by Tor'Kak »

yeah. Same thing as last night. If your logged in, the world freezes, for minutes at a time. If your not logged in, or log out thinking it's your machine or client problem, you can't get back in.

Edit: Looks like the server is back up now... 10:46am Pacific Time
Tor'Kak - Broken Tusk Horde Orc, Kigg'r Bluudline

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, it did happen again yesterday afternoon. It will restart itself now when this happens but still not sure of the cause. Hopefully it's just a fluke, nothing has changed in code that would provoke this.

Ram

Post by Ram »

I'm getting stuck "Connecting..." right now.

Last time I logged it it worked fine and nothing has changed on my system. I guess this is the same login problem?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ram wrote:I'm getting stuck "Connecting..." right now.

Last time I logged it it worked fine and nothing has changed on my system. I guess this is the same login problem?
From the time-stamp of this post it looks like you were logging in during the maintenance period (server wars)between 7am and 7:15am. Often there are some pretty intensive things happening during this period, such as the application of any "windows updates" on the server. Hopefully this was the problem. The shard restarts at 7:15am daily, but can sometimes restart prior to that (but after last save at 7am)

Ram

Post by Ram »

Seems it was the timing. Works fine now.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

i'm now having this problem...