Bounties

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Bounties

Post by Derrick »

http://web.archive.org/web/200002260358 ... nties.html
Stratics wrote:
  • Every time you report a Murderer, you are given the choice to contribute gold to a bounty. The gold is automatically removed from your bank account.
  • When you kill a Murderer, you must chop up the Murderer's corpse in order to retrieve the head. (This will result in a small Karma loss but it will not flag you as a Criminal)
  • You can take the bountied Murderer's head to any guard in any town and give it to the guard in order to collect the bounty. (This will result in a small Karma gain equal to the amount lost for chopping up the corpse.)
  • Banks will have bounty boards that list the top bountied Murderers on the shard.
  • Bounties decay after 2 weeks if the Murderer does not get reported during the 2 weeks. Any gold in the bounty is returned to the economy (not to the victims who added gold).
  • A Bounty remains active even after a Murderer loses his Murderer status. Only after the 2 weeks has gone by will the bounty be removed.
We will begin to decay bounties after two weeks time (from now, or last reported murder).
You will be able to claim bounties on players that are not currently red.
Bounties will be sorted by bounty value, not short term counts.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bounties

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Great!

I thought the listing seemed a bid random. Is this currently in effect?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Will we get a fix to the bounty board list to go from Short Term - Bounty to Bounty - Short Term instead too?

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Nice fix.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Faust wrote:Will we get a fix to the bounty board list to go from Short Term - Bounty to Bounty - Short Term instead too?
And limited to 20 I hope!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is not yet in effect, but should be within the next day or two.

Stephen

Post by Stephen »

It seems to me like this would decrease the effectiveness of the bounty system. If people know that there's a good chance their bounty money will be wasted, they will be less likely to offer a bounty.
Proud merchant of $$$

Progressive Libertarianism - At the forefront of freedom
http://progressivelibertarian.org/