True FFA

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ram

True FFA

Post by Ram »

Anonymous FFA would be a true test of skill.

What would be the easiest method to do this?

Copy the skills of competing players to randomly generated NPC characters and names, all wearing death robes?

Or maybe just randomly disguise the appearance and name of each entrant?

Has anything like this ever been done before?

Faust

Re: True FFA

Post by Faust »

Automatically forcing an incognito at the start and when it wears off would be a better solution. However, the accuracy fix to remove guild title status when incognitoed needs to be implemented at the same time to remove this inconsistency. Probably would also be best when the event starts to equip a default robe and remove anything that would prevent that robe from equipping before hand though.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

But team mates can simply say "I'm humberto!" "I'm Sanford!" "I'm Sitemobile" etc. Better to have everyone renamed to the same name. Still possible to ID team mates by all running to the same corner at the beginning and pulling health bars, then NOT attacking those bars, and stuff.

I think it would be VERY hard to keep people from teaming up.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is no true solution to end teaming up no matter what is implemented.

Ram

Post by Ram »

Alex the Artist wrote:But team mates can simply say "I'm humberto!" "I'm Sanford!" "I'm Sitemobile" etc. Better to have everyone renamed to the same name. Still possible to ID team mates by all running to the same corner at the beginning and pulling health bars, then NOT attacking those bars, and stuff.

I think it would be VERY hard to keep people from teaming up.
That's a good idea actually about everyone having the same names. Or how about just have no names at all?

:D

Then even if it was agreed before hand to all run to a certain area of the arena, or give some kind of other signal, it would still be very confusing with all characters named the same and looking the same.

That just might work fairly well overall.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

* All the same random incog at beginning of event for every participant
* Every char wears same random color robe at event init
* Lifebars are somehow hidden if previously pulled on all chars at event init
* Head gear is disabled (no helm/hats)
* Guild titles disabled

Above would do wonders and would make it a bit harder to team up in Last Guild Standing. I admit there would be stubborn exploiters that will find a way, but it would still be harder.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

make everyone "A Player" wearing a shroud that covers hair. Unless you wish to script "Same name, Bald, same gender" etc.. Also no guild tags, No incog spell.

yes they can "all huddle" but that wont make them safe since they wont know who to attack. Also since you cant x heal, grabbing guildies bars is usless. Teaming in FFA is just people in vent syncing 1 target. So you remove that. Having people know who each other are by holding a corner again, will not save them.

But then again, more events need fixes like.

Deathmatch, Most % damage earns kill, not last spell. DD and CTF guildies are not binded to 1 team, CTF flag timers removed. Urban needs red pots or somthing since macers clearly own that map, Also having it that those invised tele flags are only on 1 ctf map makes 0 sense. Survival game needs a fix or removal since instead of true survival "every player who joins is in 1 arena with swarms of mobs coming in over and over until there is 1 man standing, and provo removed. Currently, its bards or smart mages using the same tactic i use. Not worth waiting 12 hours for. team leader status on CTF and DD removed, causes greedyness. Etc.. all these are problems that effect how games are played and abused. Every single event that i just labled has things that are abused and by the looks of it, wont be changed any time soon. Why keep posting somthing that has been said for months and months and months. Hell, This FFA probelm was still here when i joined 8 months ago now?
-D- Dreadlord XII