playing uot2a in 3d

Topics related to Second Age
caveman

playing uot2a in 3d

Post by caveman »

let me know if anyone can get this to work here: http://www.iris2.de/index.php/Main_Page

Dagon

Re: playing uot2a in 3d

Post by Dagon »

I doubt it will work, but I will give it a try when I get home from work and report back.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Oh, jeeze. Why would anyone subject themselves to that?

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i dont really care to play UO in 3d but just from reading a little bit about that program i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work though. Id be curious to see if it worked with Razor.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

No that does not work.

About 1-2 years ago i messed around with that for countless hours. Even got a few scripting mates to have a look through it. cant do much with a half finished project though. The best you can get is, You log in. But everyone including youis invisable. you can not read text, and casting spells crashes you. Also the downside of pvp + pvm is. Even if you could use it, since you cant see anything behind you "unless you turn around" and others on 2d "can see the whole screen", you're bound to never win a fight. ever.
-D- Dreadlord XII

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

UnknownLord: things must have changed in the last 1-2 years then, because I'm using it right now, and it's fully working. Spells, etc.

Although, I definately would not want to actually play like this. And moving through Britain was very slow and laggy.

It was also brought to my attention that other 3rd party clients are also not allowed here (note clients, not programs), although I didn't see any official statement to that affect, but regardless it's just too odd to use in my opinion.

Here's some shots.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

it looks alot diff then when i last used it. Last time i used it, it was zoomed in really close not birds eye like your pics. Also pots and party bars didn't work either. Ohwell, maybe somone picked it up and tried to finish it.
-D- Dreadlord XII

valheru

Post by valheru »

Unauthorized clients such as iris are illegal on this server and will result in a ban if detected.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I'm not sure why anyone would want to trade UO graphics for Runescape graphics...that looks like trash.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

If anyone tries it out again grab some screenies of the bloodrock fort, im curious ;-)
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

caveman

Post by caveman »

I couldn't get it to work with 5.0.8.3, had to use uoml. Works with Razor. I uninstalled it after I recalled around for a while because the uoml client wouldn't work here in 2d. Wouldn't want to use the 3d client for any serious playing. It's fairly slow and slightly buggy. Maybe in another 2 years... Great for screenshots though.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

hmm thats kinda cool anyhow.