STILL WONT WORK

Moderator: Support Moderators

mooresy

STILL WONT WORK

Post by mooresy »

now when i hit ok in razor after entering the info it says this application has failed to start because igrping.dll was not found.....tried re-installing and it doesnt work. any help?

Derrick

Re: STILL WONT WORK

Post by Derrick »

I'm not familiar with that .dll
Do you have the .Net 1.1 framework installed?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

For faster help, you may want to try joining our IRC channel. infor and java client on main website.

mooresy

Post by mooresy »

yes i have the net 1.1 installed

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

You have to install everything including the patch before you run the program. I had to do this a few times as it was a long download and there may have been interruptions. Also some of the program failed to download for me as I use Vista so I had to turn off the music in order for it not to logg off after a few secs.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Mooresy, you should try to remove the install files completely before trying to patch, this was needed for me when trying to patch the finished installation. It was because of the patch goin' through the computer and directories in alphabetical order, and the directory where the install files where located came up before the actual directory to which I had installed UO. This resulted in the patch program trying to patch the install files, which of course failed. ;)

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

After you install the program before you run it it leaves you directions to open your UO folder and find the patch. Install the patch manually and then run the program . If you have errors still but are able to at least log in for a few...turn off the music right away while logging in. If you have Vista that maybe the case if you have XP I think you are fine.
I had problems like this too when I started. I downloaded,installed, uninstalled, recycled at least five times before getting it to work. It's a long piece of software and errors retrieving the data isn't uncommon. But all the trouble will be worth it.

Return to “New Player Help”