Nerfs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
TwoTon

Re: Nerfs

Post by TwoTon »

true there were way more hally mages then macer mages but hally mages usually precasted FS

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

SUPERzarqawi wrote:catskills, i dont even remember a macing mage 0.o
I was a macer mage, back and forth, kept switching could never make up my mind

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Derrick wrote:Great thread, and much appreciated.
Sauron wrote:It's T2A as if the technology back then didn't suck. It's as osi intended. T2a servers these days are better than the originals.
Aye. Items like AI pathing very much apply here. OSI increased the pathing as the power to do so became available. When I started on OSI mobs couldn't circumnavigate a table, and by the END of T2A they were pretty advanced in addition to breaking boxes, opening doors..
I still can only find those ai patch notes for uor. I can't find any ai improvment patch notes prior to... I honestly remember the day uor came out and the first time hunting in a dungeon with the advancement of pathfinding and more spawn there was. Was the end of dungeon pvp except PKing. There are patch notes a few weeks after uor about monsters breaking boxes and things in their way. Even in despise (the newb) dungeon a warrior cant get passed the first room without pulling 12313 lizardmen :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:
Derrick wrote:Great thread, and much appreciated.
Sauron wrote:It's T2A as if the technology back then didn't suck. It's as osi intended. T2a servers these days are better than the originals.
Aye. Items like AI pathing very much apply here. OSI increased the pathing as the power to do so became available. When I started on OSI mobs couldn't circumnavigate a table, and by the END of T2A they were pretty advanced in addition to breaking boxes, opening doors..
I still can only find those ai patch notes for uor. I can't find any ai improvment patch notes prior to... I honestly remember the day uor came out and the first time hunting in a dungeon with the advancement of pathfinding and more spawn there was. Was the end of dungeon pvp except PKing. There are patch notes a few weeks after uor about monsters breaking boxes and things in their way. Even in despise (the newb) dungeon a warrior cant get passed the first room without pulling 12313 lizardmen :(
I never played after T2A, quit about a month before the UO:R release and I remember mobs improving their pathing quite a while before then. I know out AI is better than it was in the era, but it's going to be very difficult to emulate the pathing very accurately. When we started we had very poor pathing and it was improved by request, we've dumbed it down since then also by request. We can try to tweak it again if that's the consensus.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

.[/quote]I still can only find those ai patch notes for uor. I can't find any ai improvment patch notes prior to... I honestly remember the day uor came out and the first time hunting in a dungeon with the advancement of pathfinding and more spawn there was. Was the end of dungeon pvp except PKing. There are patch notes a few weeks after uor about monsters breaking boxes and things in their way. Even in despise (the newb) dungeon a warrior cant get passed the first room without pulling 12313 lizardmen :([/quote]
I never played after T2A, quit about a month before the UO:R release and I remember mobs improving their pathing quite a while before then. I know out AI is better than it was in the era, but it's going to be very difficult to emulate the pathing very accurately. When we started we had very poor pathing and it was improved by request, we've dumbed it down since then also by request. We can try to tweak it again if that's the consensus.[/quote]

I think the biggest concern of all this is really the thickness, despise is not to bad i mean there is 5 lizardmen per group which is def normal, but the amount in the destard dungeon is ridiculous and i dont believe the AI needs to be tuned down i mean its easy enough as it is, only problem with PVM atm is destard.