Castle Courtyard Rune Removal (Poll)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you think Castle Courtyard's Should have a One-Time Rune Removal?

Yes
12%
No
81%
Yes, but they should pay for it.
7%

Total votes: 58

Cindrew

Re: Castle Courtyard Rune Removal (Poll)

Post by Cindrew »

well gee.. i guess the solution is just to fill the courtyard up with water.
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Pro

Post by Pro »

Just like the titanic...

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Cindrew wrote:well gee.. i guess the solution is just to fill the courtyard up with water.

Critical thinking! for 300 trophy points I am sure derrick might entertain the idea :P
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

poor suggestion.

totally not era accurate. owning a castle was the pinnacle of UO success but it came with a price, lower security. when i bought my castle in t2a i understood that and protected myself accordingly (after getting viciously looted) the whole POINT of this server is to be accurate cindrew, with all the good and bad that comes with it if you want a more flexible server go back to the one you were on! and next time you make a suggestion, read the front page of this website

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Problem is, long time ago you could place a tower next to a castle and teleport in. Hence most of the popular castle spots being completely ruined for the rest of the server. Because of this bug, that is now fixed, the wipe would be good. That whole "no castle is safe" is bullshit because its the only 100% safe house if you want it to be. Why should the hard workers be punished because of a bug in the beginning of the server?

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

There could also very well be plenty of legitimately marked runes too vlastav. In fact, surely the preponderance of extant runes are legitimately marked.

All in all though, I'm only mildly against the proposal. If the owners are forced to pay to have them removed, and it's a one time thing, whatever. I still don't really see the rationale, but whatever.

Cindrew

Post by Cindrew »

all you have to do is fill your castle with water and your worry free! thats what I did.
Cindrew of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Vlastslav wrote:Problem is, long time ago you could place a tower next to a castle and teleport in. Hence most of the popular castle spots being completely ruined for the rest of the server. Because of this bug, that is now fixed, the wipe would be good. That whole "no castle is safe" is bullshit because its the only 100% safe house if you want it to be. Why should the hard workers be punished because of a bug in the beginning of the server?
Why should I be punished for having runes into castles that I obtained 100% legit? There are others just like me too.

You are safe in the center of a keep by the way.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Cindrew wrote:all you have to do is fill your castle with water and your worry free! thats what I did.
wtf how,

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

RoadKill wrote:
Vlastslav wrote:Problem is, long time ago you could place a tower next to a castle and teleport in. Hence most of the popular castle spots being completely ruined for the rest of the server. Because of this bug, that is now fixed, the wipe would be good. That whole "no castle is safe" is bullshit because its the only 100% safe house if you want it to be. Why should the hard workers be punished because of a bug in the beginning of the server?
Why should I be punished for having runes into castles that I obtained 100% legit? There are others just like me too.

You are safe in the center of a keep by the way.

Why should others who own castles be punished because of a bug? It works both ways. A lot of people who placed castles in legit spots got shafted from a bug, obviously people had legit marked runes to peoples courtyards, and some were obtained from stealing/killing people (whoever carries a rune to their courtyard around is a clown). Regardless is it really going to hurt people that they won't have a rune to a courtyard of a castle that has already been looted 10 times by other people and has been stagnant since then? When people get exploited by a bug on this shard, we as a community and as a staff usually make good on it.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Mirage wrote: Why should others who own castles be punished because of a bug? It works both ways. A lot of people who placed castles in legit spots got shafted from a bug, obviously people had legit marked runes to peoples courtyards, and some were obtained from stealing/killing people (whoever carries a rune to their courtyard around is a clown). Regardless is it really going to hurt people that they won't have a rune to a courtyard of a castle that has already been looted 10 times by other people and has been stagnant since then? When people get exploited by a bug on this shard, we as a community and as a staff usually make good on it.
Let's take it back a step then. I have a lot of items from my first weeks here that can no longer be obtained, these are of "value" now to rare collectors. Should Derrick come in and delete them because it's not fair for the people who got here later on?

How hard is it to lock your castle door or put up a barrier of some type? Anyone who owns a castle isn't some newbie that doesn't understand the basics of house security.

The fact that this idea is even being discussed still shocks me, it's completely out of left field.
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

RoadKill wrote:
Mirage wrote: Why should others who own castles be punished because of a bug? It works both ways. A lot of people who placed castles in legit spots got shafted from a bug, obviously people had legit marked runes to peoples courtyards, and some were obtained from stealing/killing people (whoever carries a rune to their courtyard around is a clown). Regardless is it really going to hurt people that they won't have a rune to a courtyard of a castle that has already been looted 10 times by other people and has been stagnant since then? When people get exploited by a bug on this shard, we as a community and as a staff usually make good on it.
Let's take it back a step then. I have a lot of items from my first weeks here that can no longer be obtained, these are of "value" now to rare collectors. Should Derrick come in and delete them because it's not fair for the people who got here later on?

How hard is it to lock your castle door or put up a barrier of some type? Anyone who owns a castle isn't some newbie that doesn't understand the basics of house security.

The fact that this idea is even being discussed still shocks me, it's completely out of left field.

Your items were not obtained through a bug, so no he should not come in and delete them. The fact that castle runes/loot were obtained through a bug is totally different. And yeah it's easy to say lock your door, put tons of tables throughout your castle, but when you pay over a MIL for a house you don't really want to bother with all that nor should you have to unless you're completely careless with your courtyard rune (which I agree some people are).

If the items you obtained were through a bug and it was lets say.... a death shroud or what some people call a GM robe....do you not think that they would delete these items?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Senses

Post by Senses »

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it would be an impossible task anyways. Does Derrick even have the ability to wipe every rune that exists for a certain set of coordinates?

Jack

Post by Jack »

derrick can do anything if you imagine it

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Mirage wrote:
Your items were not obtained through a bug, so no he should not come in and delete them.
My runes were not obtained through bugs either, so he should not come in and delete them.

/end of my argument.