Starting here

Moderator: Support Moderators

iolo

Starting here

Post by iolo »

I have been wondering for 15 mins what kind of character i should make for start.
Should i make a fencer/SMS type of character? Or perhaps a tamer or a mage?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Starting here

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Most people go with some sort of bard to make money to build their first real character. It's up to you though.

iolo

Post by iolo »

Well i just recently readed your provocation guide and got a bit intrested on that.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Welcome to UOSA!

If you need a place to stay for the initial part of your adventures here, The Humble Village of Awesome is always open to new players! ;)

Catch me on IRC and I'll hook you up!

venox

Post by venox »

if you like dexxers, make a dexxer, you would be surprized how much you can make on them, if you know where to hunt.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Most people go with some sort of bard to make money to build their first real character. It's up to you though.

This is strange to me. I know it's the case here on UOSA but was it like that on OSI? I knew and interacted with a lot of people over the 2 years I played there and I never saw bards farming. I only knew 1 bard and he was a real life friend who started a character on my account. I'm not trying to say there were no bards back then, I just want to know if a lot of people used them.

Maybe it was the shard I played...

Leerix

Post by Leerix »

Proselyte wrote:
This is strange to me. I know it's the case here on UOSA but was it like that on OSI? I knew and interacted with a lot of people over the 2 years I played there and I never saw bards farming. I only knew 1 bard and he was a real life friend who started a character on my account. I'm not trying to say there were no bards back then, I just want to know if a lot of people used them.

Well, on this server macroing is allowed, and won't be jailed for it. On OSI most people didn't want to level music/provo because of how reptitive and boring it can be.

Here you provo at stables a couple days and your off setting dragons on each other. Thats why a lot more here than on OSI. Skip's the grind, and gets right to the fun part of being a bard.

I went dexxer for farming and mining (if the ingot is strong again, like it was when i started) to start up, though most do seem to do bards.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Proselyte wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Most people go with some sort of bard to make money to build their first real character. It's up to you though.

It's actually the same for me, a real life friend of mine made a bard and I had an archer, was a heck of a team. I don't recall that many bards being around those days, but it's like Leerix said, u can macro and get straight to the fun part of being a bard here on UOSA. ;)

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Yes, I understand why there are more bards here, I was just curious to see if others had the same OSI comparison observation. It seems they do :)

So lolo, did you ever decide what kind of character you wanted to play?

I enjoy farming with a tank mage. I got most of my early combat skill gain killing animals/rat men/lizard men, collecting the hides and funding his regs with a tailor. However, this type of play only works if you enjoy playing the game before having all your skills GM'd.

iolo

Post by iolo »

I started a Provocation Mage thingie.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

I trained up a bard and never used him. I made tons of gold on my dexxer though. Liches are quick cash. That guy funded my mage =).
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Return to “New Player Help”