Partially AFK reloadable Taming

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Partially AFK reloadable Taming

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This is how my guild on Siege created so many tamers... Figure I would share.

This involves 3 accounts. Player 1 (the red circle) is the tamer, they sit there and spam a macro that attacks a random grey, then uses taming on the closest grey, while spamming all guard me. The closest grey being the animal next to the yellow spot. All the grey circles are animals, use the most difficult animal you can tame. Player 2 (the pink circle) sits there with a weapon in hand and attacks the closest friendly (note, players 1 and 2, must be in the same guild), while macroing a health-watching script and bandaiding themselves. Player 3 runs around the countryside attacking and herding the animals into the main room of the patio-house, and then invising themselves, where player 1 will randomly attack them. Player 3 then uses the help option to remove themselves from the house and go out to gather more animals. Once the room is full, you should have a few hours (depending on if your chosen animal is difficult enough) to sit afk and let the taming gain.

What happens is this.

Animals gather around trying to attack player 1. Player one tames the closest one and then it moves into the hopper close to player 2, who then attacks it because it is the closest friendly. Once the animal dies another moves into it's place until the whole room is cleared. It is much easier to gather animals than it is to find just 1 and tame it and then find another. As long as you use the most difficult animal you can find, and it is not aggresive, you should have no problem getting into the 90's with little effort.

The brown is the Bar that your taming scross, and the Orange area is locked down tables or whatever..

This works because you gain on failures, and using the most difficult animal, means alot of failures. You can gain about 1 full point from each thing in there sometimes, and you can really pack those animals in.

Now, you obviously cant macro the whole thing, due to gaps between the most difficult animals, but you can get stints of 5.0 in gains before taming for a half hour and then using the next available animal to gain another 5.0 or so...

You could very well eliminate player two, and just have player 1 "remove thyself" a random friendly after the guarding. But that would decrease the re-spawn outside, so when the group runs out it will be harder to find new ones. This way, by the time you tame them all, you have a fresh set right outside to re-load into the house.

It helps to place the house in the middle of your most "difficult to tame" animal's spawn area.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Partially AFK reloadable Taming

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Also you can change the macro to attack random non friendly target random non friendly and bring a troll in or some other monster and he will kill what you tamed, you're probably going to be dragging monsters in accidentally anyways.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Also you can change the macro to attack random non friendly target random non friendly and bring a troll in or some other monster and he will kill what you tamed, you're probably going to be dragging monsters in accidentally anyways.
Thats a good idea, but it gets so crowded that the monsters cant actually get near what they are targeting. You could do it from the porch like that, but your putting yourself at risk that way.

venox

Post by venox »

neat idea.
whats the yellow bit?
movable ground or impassible object?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

venox wrote:neat idea.
whats the yellow bit?
movable ground or impassible object?
The yelloy bit is the tile where the tamed animals will file in before getting killed by player 2.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

That's ingenious!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Jaded Gamer

Post by Jaded Gamer »

This is brilliant!

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Tried this out today with decent success.

I loaded my "hardest to tame animal" in a Large Workshop with Patio. A couple of limitations I had:

-I worked alone
-I also didn't know how to set up the macros Matron was describing

In waves of ten, I would attack and lead in my selected tames through the front door with my alternative account. I would then use my Tamer to attack all the tamable creatures from the other side of the barrier; Just as Matron depicted with his awesome paint skills. (The best part of this is, it keeps the animals from rushing out the door when you bring in your next pack)

-Rinse and repeat.

Once my room was chocked full of tames I set up my macro. I recorded myself using the Animal Taming Skill and targeting an animal. Hit stop. Converted the animal target "by type" instead of "absolute", and I adjusted my "Time Out Counter" to one second, instead of the default 30.

-Loop, Play

My tamer gained an entire +5.0 skill points. Taking me from 65 to 70 in roughly three hours.

So what do you think? Is this a solid gain rate?

Personally I'm very pleased with the results and I'd like to thank Matron De Winter for posting such a great guide. Thank you for lending us your knowledge and strategy, please keep making good articles!

I will also attempt this again tomorrow. Doing exactly as Matron's post details, since I now have a better grasp as to how this works. I'll post back and let you all know if I see accelerated gain rates.

Happy Taming!
Last edited by Charles Darwin on Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Charles Darwin wrote:Tried this out today with decent success.

I loaded my "hardest to tame animal" in a Large Workshop with Patio. A couple of limitations I had:

-I worked alone
-I also didn't know how to set up the macros Matron was describing

In waves of ten, I would attack and lead in my selected tames through the front door with my alternative account. I would then use my Tamer to attack all the tamable creatures from the other side of the barrier; Just as Matron depicted with his awesome paint skills. (The best part of this is, it keeps the animals from rushing out the door when you bring in your next pack)

-Rinse and repeat.

Once my room was chocked full of tames I set up my macro. I recorded myself using the Animal Taming Skill and targeting an animal. Hit stop. Converted the animal target "by type" instead of "absolute", and I adjusted my "Time Out Counter" to one second, instead of the default 30.

-Loop, Play

My tamer gained an entire +5.0 skill points. Taking me from 65 to 75 in three to four hours.

So what do you think? Is this a solid gain rate?

Personally I'm very pleased with the results and I'd like to thank Matron De Winter for posting such a great guide. Thank you for lending us your knowledge and strategy, please keep making good articles!

I will also attempt this again tomorrow. Doing exactly as Matron's post details, since I now have a better grasp as to how this works. I'll post back and let you all know if I see accelerated gain rates.

Happy Taming!
Yeah, taming is pretty slow, but 5.0 in the 60/70's in a couple of hours is pretty good. Much faster than manually taming yourself, trying to herd-macro, or setting up one of those crazy "stand in the middle of the woods" and hope something walks near you macros.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Let me first start off by saying...

HELL YEAH!!

Tonight as I type this my taming rests at a very comfortable 76.1 8)

A couple of things I did differently this time. As I gathered a ton of tamables I would also pick up the occasional monster. This worked out great for two reasons...

-If, during gathering, I had happened to target a previously tamed animal, it would draw major attention to itself by attacking the monster that was among my pack of creatures.

-It would kill off all tamed creatures, clearing out more room for un-tamed ones, and keeping the issue of, "You are to far away to continuing Taming" an impossible message. (the only reason I got that message in the first place was because, once you start to pack in creatures, the ones towards the back run around a lot, sometimes out of taming reach)

I also figured out a better macro. I had been using White Wolves to gain skill, and by changing my "absolute target" to "target by type" I would only tame HALF of the White Wolves I had led in. Why you ask? Because of the color difference in the wolves! This created a ton of issues, not to mention the fact that my macro would also target already tamed wolves, giving me a double headache. This is why I believe my gains were SLOWER last night then tonight. To fix this I simply got rid of the "absolute" and "type" targets altogether. Alternatively, I set the macro up to "target random grey"! This gave me the perfect combination;

-I could consistently tame animals without the need to readjust what my character was doing.
-And because I had brought in a monster the already tamed wolves would slowly "disappear" haha

Tonight gains worked as follows.

-I gathered wolves from 2:20-2:45. (skill level 70)
-Initiated macro, ran out of possible tames at 3:20. (skill level 73.7)
-Gathered more wolves from 3:20 until 3:50.
-Played macro, ran out of tamables at 4:30. (skill level 76.1)

How about those skill gains? I literally went from 70 taming to 76 taming in only two hours!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, the original macro called for "Target Closest Grey". Random would work, but sometimes you get one in the back that moves out of the way. Problem with using closest grey in your case is that you'll target the non-tamable monster :(. Thats why I used an alternate character to dispach my foe.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

on dagger isle maybe...T2A creatures won't work
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

FatalAngel

Post by FatalAngel »

Fantastic! I've never seen it done this way. Very nice graph as well!

Barlon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Barlon »

So I am trying to get this all set up right now. I am just testing a few different ideas. I was thinking instead of even saying "all guard me" ect. I have a Red character set up as the animal killer. I have the Red character attacking closest innocent (not assigned). What SHOULD happen is i got the PK attacking every 10 seconds nearest Innocent (not assigned) and once the animal is tamed it should turn blue and the red character should quickly attack the animal and kill it. By the way I put a 30 second pause between the Animal Tamer's macro. For the times where you fail real quick is there any way to minimize this down time and not wait 30 seconds EVERY time? Maybe some type of If, Then statement? I dunno any help here?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Barlon wrote:So I am trying to get this all set up right now. I am just testing a few different ideas. I was thinking instead of even saying "all guard me" ect. I have a Red character set up as the animal killer. I have the Red character attacking closest innocent (not assigned). What SHOULD happen is i got the PK attacking every 10 seconds nearest Innocent (not assigned) and once the animal is tamed it should turn blue and the red character should quickly attack the animal and kill it. By the way I put a 30 second pause between the Animal Tamer's macro. For the times where you fail real quick is there any way to minimize this down time and not wait 30 seconds EVERY time? Maybe some type of If, Then statement? I dunno any help here?
Invariably you could have just as well used "all kill" and target the character you would be healing.

In razor you have "if" conditionals in the same submenu you find your pauses and waits. Click on that and put an "if" conditional in.

The option you choose under the "if conditional" should be..."sys message" then you type in "fail"... then insert a ten second pause. Right after put an "Else" variable in which would resume the macro as normal.

You would insert that command after the tame and target sequence. You are telling the macro to do "this" "IF this" happens (in this case failing to tame)...or "Else" carry on with the macro.

I don't know if the timer varies for fail or success, but I know even failing is invariably long, yet you should still see gains. If not you have the wrong type of animals.

Many tamers were upset about enticing wild creatures as it made it possible to easily transport all these wild beasts into your home and make this strategy quite advantageous.

)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.