.:: 2 Upcoming Bagball Events ::.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Kylock

.:: 2 Upcoming Bagball Events ::.

Post by Kylock »

I will be hosting bagball events for the next two weekends.
Each event will be 3vs3, you can bring/pick your own teammates.
Winning team takes 100% of the entry fees, and whatever the pot is.

I figured we could use a few more events for people who enjoy other things rather than pvp. These events are 100% non-pvp, any fighting/attacking will get you banned & disqualified.

The first game will be more of a warm up session, so people can get familiar with the game. The game on the following weekend will have a bigger entry fee, and bigger pot.

What is bagball? Basically kind of like soccer . . . each team start in their goal, the bagball in the middle of the field. Once the game starts you charge at the ball, and try to drag it to the opposing teams goal. There is absolutely no attacking/spellcasting of any sort - just dragging the ball around minerstyle.

Everyone is welcome to spectate; check below for dates, times, and rules.
If anyone else would like to chip in on either of the pots, let me know and I'll update the thread.

Warm-Up Bagball Event: Saturday, May 9 - 8:00 PM Eastern
Entry Fee: 1,000 gold (per player)
Starting Pot: 25,000 gold

Additional sponsors/donations:
Darkradiance - 10,000 gold

Bagball Tournament: Saturday, May 16 - 8:00 PM Eastern
Entry Fee: 10,000 gold (per player) maybe 5k per player?
Starting Pot: 25,000 gold

Additional sponsors/donations:
Silverfoot - 25,000 gold

Rules:
-First team with 5 goals wins
-Holding the ball in your cursor for more than 5-10 seconds may get your team disqualified. You will be asked to move around to figure out who is holding it.
-No potions
-No PVP/Stealing/Casting of any type
-No mounts
-If you're participating show up completely naked, gates will be provided

Entry fees will be taken when you're going into your first match, color coded robes will be provided to teams.

Basically any dickin around will get you banned and possibly killed.
If you want help bounce let me know;)
Last edited by Kylock on Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: .:: 2 Upcoming Bagball Events ::.

Post by Safir »

Perhaps this location would be nice? ;)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

WHere the heck is that?

/also, bagball looks interesting, and you can bet that the finest movers of items around (cA) will attend.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Safir, that's the original bagball arena.. I've got an idea for another one.. just hafta wait and see;)

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

A new bagball arena you say?

Sad to hear they stopped doing bagball :(

I'm in! :mrgreen:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Can someone post the coordinates of the old bagball arena? I would like to check it out.

Thanks

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I think its in the fields out side britian matron, but I might be wrong :)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Yeh, it's located just West of Lord British castle, in one of the fields.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Safir wrote:Yeh, it's located just West of Lord British castle, in one of the fields.
Certainly that's not T2A Accurate!!

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Safir wrote:Yeh, it's located just West of Lord British castle, in one of the fields.
Certainly that's not T2A Accurate!!

you're not t2a accurate, get out!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Ok, where does one get a "bagball"

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

you can make one yourself:

1) Buy a regular bag off a npc.
2) Dye it to the color of your liking.
3) Fill it with something VERY heavy like several dozen ore. If you try to run with the ball you lose stamina very fast.

You're suppose to pass it around and move up the field as a team to place the bag into the goal area.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

I'm very disappointed with how this worked out. cA lost 5,000 gold to this event due to the wrongful accusation that we broke a rule that wasn't even outlined. Our crew did not use macros after we were asked to stop. We are thieves--of course we are good at precision clicking, to accuse us of blatantly breaking a rule after we were asked to stop is ludicrous. Something with the bag was bugging out and making it vanish, this happened even without the use of a macro--as is evidenced by the bag getting stuck on BRAVE ADVENTURER. Brash judgment and poor planning led to mishaps. Snoop next weekend to check for false bags, please.

In the future, please have more guild members there to protect from PKing as well please. We were killed on the front steps and robbed a second time after we were forcefully removed from the arena. I would hope that when there is the rule of no PVP stated for an event, that it is actually enforced.

We followed your every rule, and asked for plenty of clarification before the event started to be sure that we were within the rules of the event. We followed your supplementary rules when you added them ad hoc in game. When you told Ireland to relog, he did. There was just as much evidence against -F- as there was against us of introducing rogue bags into the game. Just because they ended up on Ireland's Finest's corpse, does not mean he brought them--he merely got them off of the field.

cA was very serious about our participation in this event and spent time preparing our 3 man team and working tactics out. We came with the intent to win within the rules of the game. This is one of the few player run events that our guild has the skill set necessary to participate in, to assume we came with any ill intent is just bad faith--you knew we were excited about this based on Matron de Winter and my quizzing of you about the event in IRC. To be ejected over someone else's lack of tact and poor sportsmanship is ridiculous.

I came with the plans to do a publicity feature for you and your guild for this weeks Daily Planet, as of now, I don't see that happening. You took our money, you took our mounts, you took our time, but you refused to take your time in deciding how to deal with fowl play and made sweeping judgments. Good day to you Citizen and I hope that you learn from your mistakes this time around. I hope to report on future events held by yourself and your guild, but as it stands, your reputation with the Daily Planet is heavily marred.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

thats not even the whole story after you guys lost -F- won the tourney and he refused to pay :/ than he starts accusing us of using macros and demanded a rematch when he was clearly the one cheating the whole time..its obviously was a scam so we wont be participating next time.

Pro

Post by Pro »

won't somebody think of the children.