Last Object Type for Stealing Wrong

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Last Object Type for Stealing Wrong

Post by Kraarug »

When I played in 1999 I had a pretty good security setup against thieves to protect my bandages.

I would use a pouch, and sometimes pouch within that pouch, that was hidden under a an extra chaos shield.

Why? Because your only choices for stealing was:

Random
Snoop and Target Manual
Snoop and hit last target.

EDIT: The ability to target by object by type and steal every bandage in another’s pack, by just pressing a macro button is not something that was T2A. At least nothing like that was available through the client or UOA.

Unless you did a random hit, you had to at least find the object and target it to steal it. The other player could have moved it someplace else in their pack but as long as that object was still your last target, you could get it.
Last edited by Kraarug on Fri May 08, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Last Object Type for Stealing Wrong

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You mean to say you can steal last object "by type"?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

MatronDeWinter wrote:You mean to say you can steal last object "by type"?
Yes, you're correct.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is quite gay that this is possible...

Yet, another reason Razor sucks.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. this is certainly a serious flaw.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you make it so Razor can only connect to UOSA if the button to negotiate rules with server is clicked? Then you can remove any feature that degrades the T2A atmosphere.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You can, but that feature also makes Razor a requirement to connect; something I've hesitated to do.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

I doubt anyone connects to UOSA without Razor. I mean, the instructions to connect are with Razor, and I can't foresee anybody using anything other than Razor to connect with servers now that UOGateway is gone.

There are some features which should be disabled
Light Levels
Spell Format
Show Health above people/creatues
Auto-open doors
Auto-unequip hands before casting
Auto Un/Re-equip hands for potions
Force game size
Binding Macros to keys (Prevents macroed maneuvers in fighting, but allows macroing characters)
Scavenger
And the aforementioned Last Target - by type

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I would agree with the fact that most ppl use razor to connect. I'll make a poll in discussion to see if thats the case. I think it would be more benifical to require razor then not.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Faust

Post by Faust »

If this idea is ever forced some of those features should not be removed...

Light Levels
Spell Format
Scavenger

Were all features of UOE or UOP making them accurate to the era.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Scythe wrote:I doubt anyone connects to UOSA without Razor. I mean, the instructions to connect are with Razor, and I can't foresee anybody using anything other than Razor to connect with servers now that UOGateway is gone.

There are some features which should be disabled
Light Levels
Spell Format
Show Health above people/creatues
Auto-open doors
Auto Un/Re-equip hands for potions
Force game size
Binding Macros to keys (Prevents macroed maneuvers in fighting, but allows macroing characters)
Scavenger
And the aforementioned Last Target - by type
I thought you had the ability to bind macros to keys with UOA. I know I used UOA to drink potions and, if it wasn't a canned macro/ability then I did it by binding a macro to a key.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Binding macros was possible with the only available macros that were already created... You could not simply record your macro. Being able to alter a recording through programming using system messages, stat indicators, and so forth is beyond drastic.

For example, you could create a macro like this below making some known Razor functions...

Unequip both hands
drink potion
re-equip weapon

unequip
last target
cast spell
pause
last target

Macros like this was possible... but it was only possible by using in game or pre-built macros already inside of the 3rd party utilities.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Please don't disable these functions! They are beautiful for us old guys who are borderline carpal tunnel :D

By the way, what is spell format? Is that where you see the spell name as in "Corp Por (Energy Bolt)"?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Well, i don't mind many of these functions, i just know that stealing using the target by object by type acts like a bug in T2A mechanics and I hope it gets fixed.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Proselyte wrote:Please don't disable these functions! They are beautiful for us old guys who are borderline carpal tunnel :D

By the way, what is spell format? Is that where you see the spell name as in "Corp Por (Energy Bolt)"?

yep you can make it to where you say nothing or something crazy

Id hate to think that this change would ever be forced. Im sure what was taken out would be severally limited, and to only those that could be used as the one stated above. I would like to see the results from the poll in discussion. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7029 there is the link if you havent voted yet. I think depending on the results of how many dont use razor should decide whether this is even discussed further.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this