Energy Vortex Llama??

Topics related to Second Age
Annabell Red

Energy Vortex Llama??

Post by Annabell Red »

Is this a bug or some kind of Easter Egg?

By the way, could the mods delete all these bot spam threads? Really depressing to see them.
Attachments
Annabell Red_8-20_16.21-2.jpg

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Energy Vortex Llama??

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Wow! I knew of this sort-of thing: I'd, simply, never witnessed it; neither here, nor on OSI.

The 'stories' go back to in-era, OSI: please, look here.

IIRC, you should be able to capture a paperdoll that should read, "Mystic Llama Herder", or some such.

Era-accuracy is awesome.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Wow! I knew of this sort-of thing: I'd, simply, never witnessed it; neither here, nor on OSI.

The 'stories' go back to in-era, OSI: please, look here.

IIRC, you should be able to capture a paperdoll that should read, "Mystic Llama Herder", or some such.

Era-accuracy is awesome.

SS

"A Purple Llama is a rare result of casting the Magery spell of Energy Vortex and appears as a purple-hued llama. The llama will have the same effects and attributes as a normal energy vortex. It was initially a graphical bug, but due to popular demand was intentionally left alone and is now considered a de facto Easter Egg."

The odds of getting a purple llama are (loosely) estimated to be 1 in 1000.

I see. So it was once a bug, then left as an Easter Egg. I was so freaked out I barely got a screen shot! But I don't understand what you mean about "capture a paperdoll with Mystic Llama Herder." Do you mean I should get a new title for this?

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

One more for your viewing pleasure.
Attachments
Annabell Red_8-20_16.21-1.jpg

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

Hi Annabell. This was sooooo soooo sooo long ago so I could be remembering completely wrong. But if I remember correctly, the Mystic llama herder thing SighelmofWyrmgard is referring to is that it the EV, when double clicked out of war mode, would bring up a paper doll of a purple guy. Where the name would be, it said "an energy vortex, The Mystic Llama Herder." I only saw one llama vortex and it was on OSI Sonoma in T2A somewhere in the desert but I remember it being a wild spawned one I think but maybe my friend had casted it. I knew it was an EV despite the appearance because i had seen screenshots of them and I ran off. I was pretty new at the time I think. I had never seen the paper doll of one personally and I vaguely remember the mystic llama herder rumors.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Cousteau Calypso

llamaherd.jpg
llamaherd.jpg (21.51 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
This is all I can find now. So I guess it was a blade spirit glitch not an ev and not a purple guy.

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

Oh, I see. I didn't double click it, of course, but if it ever happens again I will try it. Mystic Llama Herder?? What is that even supposed to mean? LOL I'm assuming it's an "in-joke" from the programmers.

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

Cousteau Calypso wrote:Hi Annabell. This was sooooo soooo sooo long ago so I could be remembering completely wrong. But if I remember correctly, the Mystic llama herder thing SighelmofWyrmgard is referring to is that it the EV, when double clicked out of war mode, would bring up a paper doll of a purple guy. Where the name would be, it said "an energy vortex, The Mystic Llama Herder." I only saw one llama vortex and it was on OSI Sonoma in T2A somewhere in the desert but I remember it being a wild spawned one I think but maybe my friend had casted it. I knew it was an EV despite the appearance because i had seen screenshots of them and I ran off. I was pretty new at the time I think. I had never seen the paper doll of one personally and I vaguely remember the mystic llama herder rumors.

I didn't know energy vortexes spawned in the wild?!

Cousteau Calypso

Im probably thinking of Efreets rather than EVs.