No
36%
Not for the lost but should just Quit because your a Noob
26%

Total votes: 39

Stephen83084

House Deeds Decay in Houses Fair Warning

Post by Stephen83084 »

Just to give everyone a heads up House Deeds Decay in Houses, I drop some in my house to transfer it to other char I message someone in IRC when I got done all 5 of the small house deeds decayed. This is era inaccurate and wanted to tell everyone before they make the same mistake that I did and it was a painful lesson to learn and no one looted them I’m 100% sure about that. :x

Ulfrigg

Re: House Deeds Decay in Houses Fair Warning

Post by Ulfrigg »

This is era accurate and well known, sorry for your loss but the house deeds are newbified witch makes them decay in 30-60 seconds. Always put them in a container if your gona transfer them inside a house.
Last edited by Ulfrigg on Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

It's era accurate, it was actually added in much later after the shard was born.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

yep been there, harsh lesson to learn for sure lol I raged for a minute too. Just shake it off and hustle it back, lost a full set of holiday deeds once, just ran upstairs to grab some shit came back down and poof deco be gone!

Ravenshift

Post by Ravenshift »

Yep, im dumb, just lost a tower deed in my home in less then 60 seconds.
Hadrian - GM Smith/Carpenter/Tailor/Tinker/Miner
Leander - GM Alchemy/Poisoner
IRC@ Ravenshift

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Ah all you can do is laugh about it or cry, happens to the best of us. Least the populations low, so you didn't lose it to a stealthier in the carpenter shop when you miss the npc. (Happened to me twice :( )

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

I've lost several small deeds and a tower deed this way.....Best advice is never let them hit the ground or floor.
I'm sure people have lost more than a few small deeds and if you quit over that, then yes, I'm afraid you must leave.

I've also lost several rare bottles of liquor, festive Halloween bones, and some gift cards. I guess if its noobed, don't attempt to set it down unless you lock it down first.

I have been house dry looted twice, once by miller and once by a fellow named tech nine. All my rares, gold, resources, everything. But I keep it all in stride and keep going. learn from your mistakes and try not to make the same mistake twice ma friend.

Ravenshift

Post by Ravenshift »

Ya haha it definetly sucks but I just watched footloose and did some punch dancing and am fine now. Good old Kevin Bacon.
IRC@ Ravenshift

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

This is a right of passage here.
Also you will be scammed.
You will be killed macroing.
You will be pushed off a hunting spot/idoc.
You will be gank/pked by 2 or more reds unfairly.

I wouldn't quit tho. Its seriously the best UO shard out there, but put them in the secure next time and move on.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Regarding the accuracy house deeds rapidly decaying, this is indeed correct. The patch note this was first introduced in was the April 14th 1999 patch notes as a note at the bottom:
Note: House Deeds purchased after April 16th
  • House deeds that are purchased off of npcs will be considered newbie items. If you are a murderer and you die, a house deed will be left on your corpse. If you are not a murderer and you die, the deed will stay on your ghost character. If you set these items down, they will decay rapidly.
This is even referenced on archives of the player guide found on the UO website as follows:
All houses may be purchased from an architect and provisioners are also known to sell houses and ships of the smaller sorts. If you're buying a large house or castle on behalf of a guild or other group, you'll first want to get the other members to transfer sufficient funds into your bank account to cover the purchase. Because of the large sums involved in real estate purchases, architects can draw funds directly from your bank account. House deeds are now treated as "newbie" items. Like any other "newbie" item, this means that they can not be stolen, and they will stay on your corpse if you die (unless you are a murderer). However, this also means that if you set them down in the open, meaning not inside of a container (chest, backpack, sack, pouch etc...), they will decay almost instantly... just like any other "newbie" item.
So please, be aware of the fact that house deeds are indeed newbie items, and that they should always be within a container of some sort. If you need to transfer them by dropping them on the ground, put them into a bag first and take them out afterwards, otherwise they will decay very quickly.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Be sure you keep house deeds in containers when they are in your backpack as well.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Ravenshift

Post by Ravenshift »

Ya haha, definitely not going to quit. And to soulbrake, I can check all those boxes.
IRC@ Ravenshift