Resist vs. Apply Poison

Topics related to Second Age
Ahbuddy

Resist vs. Apply Poison

Post by Ahbuddy »

Does the skill resisting spells help any when applying deadly poison to a weapon?
Other than alchemy, what other skills might help an assassin?

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Resist vs. Apply Poison

Post by Patek »

Ahbuddy wrote:Does the skill resisting spells help any when applying deadly poison to a weapon?
Other than alchemy, what other skills might help an assassin?
Resist spells doesnt come into the equation in any way in regards to poisoning. It helps when resisting poison cast by a person, but for actual weapons that have poison on them resist spells won't decrease the chance of being poisoned or anything.

As for skills for an assassin, usual template might be:
Hiding
Mage
Meditation
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing

or you can drop hiding and go poisoning if you want to be able to poison on the go. Deadly poison doesn't kill fast enough to make a hider/stealther poison character worth it unfortunately. You could try a hider/stealther running a vanq war fork with DP on it or something, but because you can't be on a mount while stealthing it'd make it harder to get more than the first 1 or two hits in. You could try a person who shadows people fighting monsters and waits till they're low health then attacks, but it'd take commitment and a lot of patience.

If you want an assassin for laughs I'd go for a char that puts GM tinker trapped poison/explosion pouches on dead monsters or leaves them around sneakily as you're more likely to get more hilarious and regular kills :D.

Any questions feel free to ask here or PM.

Cheers

Patek

Ahbuddy

Post by Ahbuddy »

Thanks, wasn't sure if resist prevented or slowed a mistake like poisoning myself when applying DP.
Since this is my alchemist alt, probably will try the tinkering fun, and add snoop/stealing, since karma will be low anyways.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

My favorite PvP poisoner on UOSA was as followed:
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Magery
Poisoning

If you want hiding to be a true assassin, you may want to juggle skills a bit...
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
90 Healing
90 Resist
90 Poisoning
80 Magery
50 Hiding (enough to hide at a spot to wait for prey)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:My favorite PvP poisoner on UOSA was as followed:
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Magery
Poisoning
This is the build I use
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

i just poison weps for ppl on my alchy/poisoner(dont use dp myself cuz i dont like it) so i can have 7th skill for magery and smith trained by npcs and leaves room for another skill like itemid trained from npcs....i do smith on all my dexxers so i can repair my weps and armor myself after every few battles or after a dungeon crawl, ect..but if u let ur stuff get too damaged u wont be able to repair it and will need higher skill...preferably a gm smith...which i also have to repair the too far damaged stuff...but there is no wrong build unless its a ridiculous build like camping/cooking/fishing ect on a pure dexxer lol

Ahbuddy

Post by Ahbuddy »

Don't forget about Begging, Enticement, Forensic Evaluation, and Spellweaving.