My house was moved...?

Topics related to Second Age
Prototype

Re: My house was moved...?

Post by Prototype »

Cromwell wrote:
HardCore wrote:Don't we have a rule here that the actual OWNER char has to open the door within 6 months or it goes poof? I lost 6 smalls in Mag because my refresher char was not the owner.....
This sounds absurd, and I've never heard of it before. But, that doesn't mean it's not true...

Prototype: I probably have most of your stuff. Stumbled across a collapsed house when I recalled in to my old house spot (we used to be neighbors). There are 3 chests, a box, and an armoire. Any lighter stuff probably decayed. I'd be glad to return these, if you can describe the contents of the runebooks you're missing.

On a related note, I also accidentally collapsed a small next to yours. I wouldn't say no to anyone wanting to return a runebook named The Lost Lands.
Cromwell, that would be awesome. One of the boxes has most of the forks you made for me when you just moved in, hah. That would be great, I will PM you about how to get ahold of you in game. I will also let you know about the books. Thanks!

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

HardCore wrote:If you refreshed it 3 days before that, I'm guessing you did it with a friended char, not the owner. Don't we have a rule here that the actual OWNER char has to open the door within 6 months or it goes poof? I lost 6 smalls in Mag because my refresher char was not the owner.....
This is true. It happened to me about 6 months ago. When I refresh, I always look for the
sys message that it indeed did refresh. The time I'm talking about, I didn't see the sys message say [refresh]
this made me stop and click the sign, which said [The house is condemned blah blah].
I had to log in the owner for it to be refreshed.

For a long time I thought this was just a rumor it would happen, now I believe differently.

Sucks you lost Mag smalls because of this HC!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
HardCore wrote:If you refreshed it 3 days before that, I'm guessing you did it with a friended char, not the owner. Don't we have a rule here that the actual OWNER char has to open the door within 6 months or it goes poof? I lost 6 smalls in Mag because my refresher char was not the owner.....
This is true. It happened to me about 6 months ago. When I refresh, I always look for the
sys message that it indeed did refresh. The time I'm talking about, I didn't see the sys message say [refresh]
this made me stop and click the sign, which said [The house is condemned blah blah].
I had to log in the owner for it to be refreshed.

For a long time I thought this was just a rumor it would happen, now I believe differently.

Sucks you lost Mag smalls because of this HC!
Yeah clicking the sign afterwards is mandatory.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Capitalist wrote: Yeah clicking the sign afterwards is mandatory.
I typically record an rpv now too. So at least i know i'm the one that fucked up. lol

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Pretty much all of the good advice that can be stated has generally been stated within this thread. I really only have a couple of things to add. One is that it is almost certain that your house did indeed fall due to not being refreshed (I''m not saying that a bug couldn't have happened, but... Schrodinger's bug and all) which could happen due to a simple lapse on your part, or could have happened if you were a resident in a house that was condemned (which does indeed happen). The second is that it is always advisable to do something to confirm that you have refreshed a house. Single click on the sign, check for a system message, etc., just make sure that you verify in some way that you did indeed refresh your house and you shouldn't have the issue in the future.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org