How is this server for a trammy crafter?

Topics related to Second Age
sjonnie

How is this server for a trammy crafter?

Post by sjonnie »

Hi fellow UOers,

I have been looking around for a good freeshard to play on. I personally have been a hardcore trammy player for years, have quit like 5 years ago, now I am back for more. I am seeking a new experience now because starting fresh on an inflated economy shard is not what I am looking for.

I heard UOforever and UOSA both have a stable economy.

So how is the economy for a crafter on this server? And are there any crafter guilds?

I don't want to become filthy rich, I just want to be an honest hardworking crafter selling his goods for a fair price, a cog in the economy who now and then has to watch behind is back for thieves and murderers. Have I come to the right server?

Thanks in advance,

Sjonnie

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: How is this server for a trammy crafter?

Post by fox_phyre »

Hail and well met, Sjonnie!

I am part of the most active group of merchants on the shard, the Merchants of Brittania (MoB) - viewforum.php?f=114 .

We run many successful shops and always have room for more interested crafters and gatherers! Feel free to pm me, or when following that link dvs can help answer more specific questions.

Cheers,
fox
Last edited by fox_phyre on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

Welcome to UOSA!

The economy on the server is stable and offers plenty of opportunity if you're willing to get involved. You'll find lots of people willing to get you up and running too.

Primary non-magic items that are in demand on the server are reagents, kegs, carpentry stuff and house add-ons (fairly hard to find atm) and weapons (especially poisoned). If you're up for it too you'll most likely get a massive bulk orders on stuff time to time. If you get into fishing or t-hunting there's also a very healthy market in high-end magic weapons and reflect/invis/tele items.

Main thing i'd recommend if you start is chatting a lot on the forums and a lot in IRC to get to know the people and let them know you're open for business :).

Hope to see you around

- Patek

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Just my opinion (3 years on the server)... this is not the server for a 'trammy crafter'. There is not much 'trammel' about UOSA. Crafting is also not in high demand in my opinion. Most players have been around for a bit and have a mule/crafter to handle items they need since UOSA permits 3 accounts (15 toons ). To the previous post, items in high demand are magic weps/items, regs and mounts - none of which involve a crafter and I doubt a 'trammy crafter' is interested in afk reg gathering.

Having said that, I hope you stick around and you experiment with other play styles more in tune with the shard (thunter, pvp, group pvm, taming/etc, griefer).

sjonnie

Post by sjonnie »

Thank you all for the replies.
nubnub wrote:Just my opinion (3 years on the server)... this is not the server for a 'trammy crafter'. There is not much 'trammel' about UOSA. Crafting is also not in high demand in my opinion. Most players have been around for a bit and have a mule/crafter to handle items they need since UOSA permits 3 accounts (15 toons ). To the previous post, items in high demand are magic weps/items, regs and mounts - none of which involve a crafter and I doubt a 'trammy crafter' is interested in afk reg gathering.

Having said that, I hope you stick around and you experiment with other play styles more in tune with the shard (thunter, pvp, group pvm, taming/etc, griefer).
Seems like this server isn't for me. Thanks for your insight. I wouldn't want to waste time of anyone and my own time for that matter.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

A Tranny Crafter? Sorry, don't we already have the Sultan of Swing on this shard?

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Galendae wrote:A Tranny Crafter? Sorry, don't we already have the Sultan of Swing on this shard?
Ban, personal attacks.

Do your job.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

sjonnie wrote: I am seeking a new experience now ...
I think being PKed would qualify as a new experience for any "trammy crafter".

Having said that, I would nevertheheless encourage you to spend time here. As others have mentioned, unfortunately, there are a high number of GM crafters available here in proportion to the total player-base: this does not mean you would be "shut-out"; merely that you would have to be sure of (the limitations of) your ambitions.

There do exist players here who play crafters/tradesmen (almost) exclusively.

In my opinion, possessing a crafter is essential to provide income, irrespective of one's overall playstyle, simply to assure self-sufficiency. You sound like someone who is motivated to earn what you acquire, which would make you the sort of player I would want to do everything I could to encourage: please make a home here; I think we couldn't possibly attract too many quality players.

I would caution you to become well-acquainted with the ruleset; otherwise, please, roll up your sleeves, and don your apron, and set to work!

Playing here might inspire you to explore PvM/PvP playstyles.

Now, I mentioned PKing: do not be terribly alarmed, as most PKers are "spread too thin" to PK you all the way back to Trammel; total shard population is not huge, so the PKers tend to concentrate on the "prime spots", and only rarely divert to other regions. However, never make any "flippant" assumptions regarding your characters' safety ... learn to be paranoid, and learn how to escape, and learn to carry only what you need whenever you will be outside of the Guard Zone.

If you need any advice, feel free to PM me, or post on the forums.

I think this shard has a lot to offer.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

This shard is a blank slate for crafters.

There is a few arrogant incumbents who think they are entitled to be rude and horrible to any competition.

Own them 1 vs 1.