Event Ideas using 3 clients

Topics related to Second Age
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Event Ideas using 3 clients

Post by Mens Rea »

So I've got some event ideas. I'm interested to know what people think:

Tag-team 3 vs 3 - you can bring 3 chars to the duel, you can tag in and out between characters. Once you tag out, or your char dies, then that char can't come back in.

All-in 3 vs 3 - you have to use your razor and mouse skills to control all your chars at once. Anything goes (even mass casting chain lighting, I suppose!) Archers might be useful, while parry might be useful vs archers...

This could be kind of fresh - what do you think?

PorkTornado

Re: Event Ideas using 3 clients

Post by PorkTornado »

honestly it sounds terrible... unless your main goal is to "out" EUO users.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I like both ideas. The tag team in particular would be really interesting.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I feel like the majority of us are rich enough at this point to do the tag-team 3v3 with fully geared chars, no rules apply. That would be an epic brawl even if 6 people participated.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Capitalist wrote:I feel like the majority of us are rich enough at this point to do the tag-team 3v3 with fully geared chars, no rules apply. That would be an epic brawl even if 6 people participated.
I'd rather see red pot rules. I've done 2v1 with red pots / GM and that's tough, but a tag-team style 3v1 would be a more realistic challenge. At least your fate isn't decided by a bullshit luck roll, and it becomes more a strategy and resource management game.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Malaikat wrote:
Capitalist wrote:I feel like the majority of us are rich enough at this point to do the tag-team 3v3 with fully geared chars, no rules apply. That would be an epic brawl even if 6 people participated.
I'd rather see red pot rules. I've done 2v1 with red pots / GM and that's tough, but a tag-team style 3v1 would be a more realistic challenge. At least your fate isn't decided by a bullshit luck roll, and it becomes more a strategy and resource management game.
Oh so you guys are talking about everyone plays with one char and in teams of 3?

That's kind of cool too, I guess, but multi-clienting is a skill in and of itself.

Could be a real opportunity to push the boundaries of existing UO PVP.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

It would essentially bebthe same thing. Everyone would show up with 3 tabk mages to tag in...

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Malaikat wrote:It would essentially bebthe same thing. Everyone would show up with 3 tabk mages to tag in...
Potentially, yes...

But what about the 3 vs 3 'all in' mode where you have to control 3 characters at once? :)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

The UO client makes it very easy to control "unlimited" clients at any given time. Simply click both mouse buttons, tab to your next client, repeat, continue until all clients are setup like this. They will all follow the mouse cursor (and run/walk as expected). Pair this up with Razor macros and you've got a pretty fun way to spend an afternoon (if you had to involve UO in your afternoon :P ). Great with archers, great with animal hoards/trains.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Sweet, I'll give this a try with my triple screen gaming beast!

Can't wait to take my archers out for a fang. It will be just like Dragon Warrior 2.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

What boom said...

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Mens Rea wrote:Sweet, I'll give this a try with my triple screen gaming beast!

Can't wait to take my archers out for a fang. It will be just like Dragon Warrior 2.
Dragon Warrior 4 has a special place in my heart. DW2 was alright too.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.