Stables still broken?

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

Re: Stables still broken?

Post by The Gods »

Treysta wrote:The tragedy of the commons!
The tragedy of the commons is a term [...] to denote a situation where individuals acting independently and rationally according to each's self-interest behave contrary to the best interests of the whole group by depleting some common resource.
I know this is a longshot, but I would consider investing good gold in someone who could organize an unofficial nonprofit stable service to help out new players. If this sounds like it might interest you, PM me.
id invest as well

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

morgan1109 wrote:just like in a gunfight the tools make all the difference. 3 accounts per person with 5 slots each, and a macro tool make all the difference. If we want to recreate the era all we need to do is eliminate two of the accounts per son, and make razor a bannable offense. We'll have 3 players left...

some things you can't control (player knowledge). Some things you need to offer. Mechanics is the best way to approach it because we can't wipe away the knowledge and we need a couple carrots to compete with the other shards.
agreed...razor has somewhat ruined the game in any and all aspects but i still love it cuz it is the closest to era accurate there is out here...skill gains is lot better than it used to be tho...i remember it taking forever to gm just swords at bone knight wall during power hour every night...ppl say well it same gains just dont seem it cuz u can macro...no...u can gm swords in 6 hrs...took weeks on catskills 1 hr a night during power hour...wish skill gain is as hard as it was back then

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I know this is a longshot, but I would consider investing good gold in someone who could organize an unofficial nonprofit stable service to help out new players. If this sounds like it might interest you, PM me.

Aeris has been doing this ever since I joined the game a year ago. The new people don't come to the boards as often as they should. We can't fix that without totally removing caps on stables or giving each tamer a fixed number of slots. Neither are era accurate fixes.

The fix is the policy Aeris has always had. We just need people to come to the boards to take advantage of his generosity.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin