bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: bring em back

Post by Elk Eater »

@Kaivan that was really for anyone using a single population graph to determine the cause of population trends, not you specifically. This thread is not the only perpetrator!
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Elk Eater wrote:@Kaivan that was really for anyone using a single population graph to determine the cause of population trends, not you specifically. This thread is not the only perpetrator!
True, and I apologize that I took it as a comment aimed at myself.
Abyz wrote:Auto correct... Want me to edit, cap?
No, just checking. Sorry if my question caused alarm.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The reason OSI has not fixed the LOS bug may be due to both the introduction of trammel and custom housing. Player's cannot be harmed in trammel against their will, and more importantly the custom housing (which 95% of houses are made of) foundations look a lot like the patio/lshape/small/lgbrick foundations.

So... If you find a classic house, specifically a keep, castle, or tower on OSI, in Fellucia, with a player attempting to exploit a rather obscure bug to another player inside one of these obscure houses who is then willing to report said bug.... You see where I'm going with this.

On UOSA the LOS bug is a big deal, on official UO servers its hardly noticeable, I wouldn't be surprised if the developers know about it and don't want to waste time on fixing it.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

:(
Last edited by Guerrilla on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Brules wrote:Keep telling yourself that Kaivan......Boom has been giving it CPR in spite of it, but the proof is in the numbers. This place is dying due to self inflicted wounds.
I agree 100%
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Pro

Post by Pro »

I'm all for UOSA being pure T2A but isn't it a little pointless if you already had events before?

Also On a big note from me because I find the LOS bug infuriating, why are some accurate bugs (LOS) allowed but others not (duping)?

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Rose wrote:The reason OSI has not fixed the LOS bug may be due to both the introduction of trammel and custom housing. Player's cannot be harmed in trammel against their will, and more importantly the custom housing (which 95% of houses are made of) foundations look a lot like the patio/lshape/small/lgbrick foundations.

On UOSA the LOS bug is a big deal, on official UO servers its hardly noticeable
This makes sense
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Brules

Post by Brules »

Arguing with Kaivan can be summed up with a simple .gif:

You never win and is just painful.

Unless Derrick comes back and directs otherwise, UOSA will remain on it's current course, so arguing about it further is pointless.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Pro wrote:I'm all for UOSA being pure T2A but isn't it a little pointless if you already had events before?

Also On a big note from me because I find the LOS bug infuriating, why are some accurate bugs (LOS) allowed but others not (duping)?
I asked Kaivan the same thing. Apparently he said we would have era accurate duping bugs if we knew the actual mechanics behind it. I see the LOS bug and any dupe bugs as "things you would get banned for doing on OSI" and therefore should not be placed here.

LOS bug is not the same as the precasting (an argument I've heard before because we don't know if precasting was intended or was a bug), the LOS issue definitely falls within the realms of "game breaking" and "unintentional mechanic" and it's pretty clear.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

why aren't automated tourneys/ctf games allowed but games like monster bash are?
(i thought part of why we weren't bringing them back was because of the "trammel" rule set?)
serious question...
Boomland Jenkins wrote:Monster Bash.

Other Important Information:
- You can loot monster corpses.
- All skills are allowed during Monster Bash.
- You cannot lose your items upon death.
- All players may have up to two pets or hirelings. Your pets can die here.
- Spell restrictions include: recall, mark, gate, blade spirit, energy vortex, earthquake, and summons

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Pro wrote:I'm all for UOSA being pure T2A but isn't it a little pointless if you already had events before?

I asked Kaivan the same thing. Apparently he said we would have era accurate duping bugs if we knew the actual mechanics behind it. I see the LOS bug and any dupe bugs as "things you would get banned for doing on OSI" and therefore should not be placed here.

LOS bug is not the same as the precasting (an argument I've heard before because we don't know if precasting was intended or was a bug), the LOS issue definitely falls within the realms of "game breaking" and "unintentional mechanic" and it's pretty clear.
A clarification on what was said: In my conversation with Boomland, I pointed out that Derrick and I had a discussion about this subject some time ago regarding the replication of bugs, and that Derrick's position was that if we knew how a bug worked, we would be obligated to replicate it. In some respects, that has helped inform my opinion.

As for the LoS behavior, we have no documentation of anyone getting banned for using it, so we can only speculate as to what OSI's position was on how the bug was treated, which is very different from duping which was a well known bug and bans were handed out regularly for using it.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

bigbob wrote:why aren't automated tourneys/ctf games allowed but games like monster bash are?
(i thought part of why we weren't bringing them back was because of the "trammel" rule set?)
serious question...
Boomland Jenkins wrote:Monster Bash.

Other Important Information:
- You can loot monster corpses.
- All skills are allowed during Monster Bash.
- You cannot lose your items upon death.
- All players may have up to two pets or hirelings. Your pets can die here.
- Spell restrictions include: recall, mark, gate, blade spirit, energy vortex, earthquake, and summons
Short of the quest line events and occasional monster invasion that we have here on UOSA, the events that are run here all contain a "trammel" component to them. However, that is not the big reason they were removed, nor was it the reason we decided not to bring the system back (although it is one reason why I personally don't think we should have them).

Pro

Post by Pro »

Tell Derrick he's cray cray

Brules

Post by Brules »

Kaivan wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:

A clarification on what was said: In my conversation with Boomland, I pointed out that Derrick and I had a discussion about this subject some time ago regarding the replication of bugs, and that Derrick's position was that if we knew how a bug worked, we would be obligated to replicate it. In some respects, that has helped inform my opinion.

As for the LoS behavior, we have no documentation of anyone getting banned for using it, so we can only speculate as to what OSI's position was on how the bug was treated, which is very different from duping which was a well known bug and bans were handed out regularly for using it.
Nice way to justify letting a game breaking issue ruin this shard.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

We all have our thing. :)
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com