Why?

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

Why?

Post by The Gods »

no reason to keep post up..nothing will be done :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by The Gods on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Why?

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

In the last 90 days I have not received a single PM from you. You have also not posted this on the Bug Reporting board or replied to the existing post based on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63383

What time of day are you refreshing your stables?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:In the last 90 days I have not received a single PM from you. You have also not posted this on the Bug Reporting board or replied to the existing post based on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63383

its been a good while since its happened last...and i never even bothered pming the 3rd time cuz of the responses or no responses from the 1st and 2nd time...it shouldnt matter what time i refresh em especially when i refresh em every 2-3 days...but usually around this time...early-late afternoon

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:In the last 90 days I have not received a single PM from you. You have also not posted this on the Bug Reporting board or replied to the existing post based on this issue: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63383

and i am sorry if im being a dick...im just really really pissed off...all hundreds of hours lost for no reason ya know...i rreally do love this shard...i do...but this is just unacceptable for a 4th time to happen to me after 2-3 days....4 max...and the time is 7 days am i right? also i never responded to that post cuz i never seen it...just tried using their names and still dont have all my pets...around 30 wws still gone...pure mare...some dragons...and bout 100 spots

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

The time of day certainly does matter. I've had several people over the last 2 years say they refreshed their ___ (house, boat, stable) and only later do I find out they were doing this during server wars, or in more rare situations, before a server crash.

As for your stable slots, Anarcho can look this up for you. The best way to do this is to post on the bug board OR PM me, and I will bug Anarcho for you if you don't think he's answering your PMs for whatever reason. I'm very accessible and the fact that I haven't heard this complaint from you should say something. I'm not sure who you've PMed and who has or has not respond, or what their reasoning was, but PMing me will almost always result in a solution to your problems. I don't typically ignore PMs, especially forum PMs.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:The time of day certainly does matter. I've had several people over the last 2 years say they refreshed their ___ (house, boat, stable) and only later do I find out they were doing this during server wars, or in more rare situations, before a server crash.

As for your stable slots, Anarcho can look this up for you. The best way to do this is to post on the bug board OR PM me, and I will bug Anarcho for you if you don't think he's answering your PMs for whatever reason. I'm very accessible and the fact that I haven't heard this complaint from you should say something. I'm not sure who you've PMed and who has or has not respond, or what their reasoning was, but PMing me will almost always result in a solution to your problems. I don't typically ignore PMs, especially forum PMs.
i am pretty positive i pmed u the first time this happened maybe up to 2 years ago or sooner...i did pm anarcho...he did reply the first time but didnt say much...2nd time he didnt reply and hasnt replied to any other questions ive had on other matters...just simple basic questions...i could go back and tell u who ive pmed and their responses if they did if u like...and yes u do always pm me back when i have pmed u...like i said above in my post ur the "good" gm...u genuinely do seem like u care ect ect...so it wasnt fair to say all gms and i appologize...this made me fly off the handle cuz this is the 4th time and ive lost hundreds of hours taming all them pets and lost em for nothing...and ya u are right boiut the time of day mattering cuz sum ppl do things at server wars not knowing but ya...always around this time i restable...also i never really noticed theres a bug reporting section and will use that next time...if there is a time...also this time yah...i had 30+ wws and have 2 left and lost my pure mare and buncha drags and frenzieds and stable slots...idk y only a few stayed...y not all of em besides the select very few

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I've been holding 76 Wyrms and 5 dragons in the Minoc stables for over 4 months now, I have not lost a single one. I refresh every 3-4 days.

I also record the stable the specific stable master I use, and how many pets hes holding for me.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I feel you God. I'm sorry for your loss. It really sucks to lose all those pets and more importantly all those slots. I know you responded to a post a while back about losing them when someone else experienced the same problem. I lost a few pets earlier than the 7 day window on occasion, and bumped it to every 5 days and it more or less resolved itself. Your 2 day scenario is pretty rough though. I'd get the info to anarcho.

Honestly between this and having so much difficulty just trying to locate literally 1 open stable spot so I could swap out a mount drove me away from taming. It’s just so not worth the aggravation and maintenance. At least for me anyway. Outside of training resists with WW’s, I can get as many “pets” as I want by barding with no maintenance required. I'm pretty lazy though, and not a fan of any type of upkeep.

I’d be buying cats and see if you can get some of your stable slots back as quick as you can. It took me a month to get 5 stable slots at one location. Honestly, as long as people continue to horde stable slots I’m not going to advance my tamer. I can’t even imagine how much time it would take to get 150 stable slots accumulated and then having to maintain them. *shiver*
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Rose wrote:I've been holding 76 Wyrms and 5 dragons in the Minoc stables for over 4 months now, I have not lost a single one. I refresh every 3-4 days.

I also record the stable the specific stable master I use, and how many pets hes holding for me.
it seems it was fixed for a good while cuz i didnt lose anything...west brit stables(2/3 of the stablemasters) and skara stables(both stablemasters)...and i do write down when i restabled em last...now that ive calmed down...i do realize...jesus i lost my shit bad...and thats not like me and i do appologize...but man...just soooo frustrating for this to happen 4 times now and to lose those hundreds of hours taming to be lost when they shouldnt have and for some gms to just not respond when i asked why the first 2 times....3rd time i didnt bother cuz my results of last 2 times but this time it sent me off the edge

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

The Gods wrote:so far over 100-150 wws 100-150 dragons, 10+ pure mares, 20+ mares, 100+ frenzieds, 2k+ slots...
owned. 1v1
Attachments
thanks.JPG
thanks.JPG (28.83 KiB) Viewed 1857 times

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

bigbob wrote:
The Gods wrote:so far over 100-150 wws 100-150 dragons, 10+ pure mares, 20+ mares, 100+ frenzieds, 2k+ slots...
owned. 1v1
eheh :)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Unless you have messaged me under another alias than your TheGods alias on IRC, the only PMs I have received were from some time in September 2013. The same is true regarding forum PMs, which were about the same subject, and also in September 2013. Beyond that, I haven't received any comments from you regarding stable pets, or about virtually any other subject.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

morgan1109 wrote:I feel you God. I'm sorry for your loss. It really sucks to lose all those pets and more importantly all those slots. I know you responded to a post a while back about losing them when someone else experienced the same problem. I lost a few pets earlier than the 7 day window on occasion, and bumped it to every 5 days and it more or less resolved itself. Your 2 day scenario is pretty rough though. I'd get the info to anarcho.

Honestly between this and having so much difficulty just trying to locate literally 1 open stable spot so I could swap out a mount drove me away from taming. It’s just so not worth the aggravation and maintenance. At least for me anyway. Outside of training resists with WW’s, I can get as many “pets” as I want by barding with no maintenance required. I'm pretty lazy though, and not a fan of any type of upkeep.

I’d be buying cats and see if you can get some of your stable slots back as quick as you can. It took me a month to get 5 stable slots at one location. Honestly, as long as people continue to horde stable slots I’m not going to advance my tamer. I can’t even imagine how much time it would take to get 150 stable slots accumulated and then having to maintain them. *shiver*
I offered free stable slots for a long time, no one ever messaged me about it :(

Also, if The Gods really has 2k+ slots as he wrote, then he has over 70% of the slots on the shard. There are only 2800 in total on the entire shard. I always tried to bump my thread, title always said "free stable slots," no one ever requested them. If I had let them go, someone else would have just taken them to hoard, so I thought I might as well take them and advertise them for free (within a reasonable request) to cut into the hoarder's market so they had more trouble to sell them and hopefully would decide it wasn't worth the hassle.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

I hide in the stables and kill sleeping pets. Sorry.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Aeris wrote:
morgan1109 wrote:I feel you God. I'm sorry for your loss. It really sucks to lose all those pets and more importantly all those slots. I know you responded to a post a while back about losing them when someone else experienced the same problem. I lost a few pets earlier than the 7 day window on occasion, and bumped it to every 5 days and it more or less resolved itself. Your 2 day scenario is pretty rough though. I'd get the info to anarcho.

I offered free stable slots for a long time, no one ever messaged me about it :(

Also, if The Gods really has 2k+ slots as he wrote, then he has over 70% of the slots on the shard. There are only 2800 in total on the entire shard. I always tried to bump my thread, title always said "free stable slots," no one ever requested them. If I had let them go, someone else would have just taken them to hoard, so I thought I might as well take them and advertise them for free (within a reasonable request) to cut into the hoarder's market so they had more trouble to sell them and hopefully would decide it wasn't worth the hassle.
ive never needed stable spots except for these 4 times shortly after....i honestly dont care about the spots, just summarizing...its the hundreds and hundreds of hours of taming lost for no reason....if u do read...then u see thats all 4 times included...and if u cant put that together...well...then re read:oops:
Last edited by The Gods on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.