Server Health Bar

Topics related to Second Age
Blood

Server Health Bar

Post by Blood »

I am curious about what will happen if the server health bar go all the way to red?? I know this is related to donations but as our player bas been low the pass few months I am worried Derrick might eventually shut down the server.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Server Health Bar

Post by Roser »

I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if it is in part serving as a deterrent for people to start playing here. Without prior knowledge as to why this was put on the forums I can understand why someone would ask this question or notice it and become skeptical of starting a new account.

That being said, I don't believe there to be any intention of shutting this server down. Derrick has been hosting for over 7 years and I'm sure hes received far less server funding in that past than he does now. (server beginnings)

Perhaps a less abstract way of showing the monthly server costs vs monthly revenue would be a good idea.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I think it's important to give vets a way to check server "health". It serves as a reminder that the shard runs on donations, and gives people a motivation toward generosity. I don't know that it should be so prominent. Also, I don't know why the shard is crim flagged to me...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Donations help manage the recurring costs of running the server, which of course are purely for hosting costs.

There is no set plan for "if donations all stop", however the intentions are to keep this server up "forever", to my knowledge. If there is ever real trouble, we will notify you guys first, this server will never suddenly shut down.

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

UOSA is forever!!! <3 <3 <3
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Anarcho wrote:Donations help manage the recurring costs of running the server, which of course are purely for hosting costs.

There is no set plan for "if donations all stop", however the intentions are to keep this server up "forever", to my knowledge. If there is ever real trouble, we will notify you guys first, this server will never suddenly shut down.

I just wanna know who's next in line....
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey