How long should a seller wait to hear back from a buyer?

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Wychethyl

How long should a seller wait to hear back from a buyer?

Post by Wychethyl »

I was trying to sell some 1106/1107/1108/1109 mage cloth and I haven't heard back from the winner in a few days; they haven't logged in the forum in nearly 5 days. What is considered fair or perhaps what's a standard amount of time one must wait before we can consider an auction void?

I am not trying to denigrate Demolay- but this is a rather long wait to hear back from a potential seller/auction winner

the auction: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=62804

LORD CORPSE

Re: How long should a seller wait to hear back from a buyer?

Post by LORD CORPSE »

2 days max. Selling threads aren't Layaway. (personal opinion)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

If you know the player isn't active (which should be the job of every prominent salesman), give them up to two weeks. That is unless an item is burning a hole in your pocket. In this case it's just cloth, and a minimal sale at that.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

2 weeks sounds fair but its up to you.

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

1 week should be fair enough

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Thanks everyone for the input; it's not something I've encountered before on here. I've been very lucky to have had positive dealings with many honest and professional UOSA members, several of them have even posted responses here heh.

I am not in a huge rush to sell to an alternate buyer yet but I was curious to hear other scrupulous sellers and buyers give their opinion on the matter. Thanks again and stay classy

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

1 week is fair, unless it's me then you should/may wait forever

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Demolay-

Won an auction of mine and I havent heard back from him in a few weeks now.
Catskills 97-99

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

in your position i would have moved to a new buyer the first week, gets to a point where you are wasting time as a seller trying to be overly considerate... if it is burning a hole in your pocket as said ^^^ or you need the gold\item sooner than the fella is able to provide, let alone if there is no communication from the buyer, i would feel trolled, as if they have no intention of buying, and would find a new buyer.

so depending on your needs and the amount of communication with the buyer you should be able to safely and fairly judge for yourself the right amount of time to let it wait.

i have just started my selling habit in UO as well, a week ago, so i am sure my advice is not infallible lol, but in any games trade and sell system there are trolls and or people who make a deal and then go inactive for whatever reasons.

hopefully the guy logs on and gets to business :)

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

id also give him negative rep just so others can know. i always check the reputation of anyone i do business with.

Return to “Other”