T map loot vs MIB

Topics related to Second Age
ReptilianLover

Re: T map loot vs MIB

Post by ReptilianLover »

On my mib runs i have averaged anywhere from 1.8k per to atound 2.2k per. Id/Selling everything yields around 3-3.5k per. This is a significant sample size of 100 per run.

You get little or no rings.

Lvl 4 dungeon chests are the best ring loot hands down.

Lvl 5 tmaps are the most cost effective source of income if you got a tamer as 4 dragons will usually be enough to kill any spawn. It is around 14-15k per.

Thank you.
Have a nice day!

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: T map loot vs MIB

Post by morgan1109 »

Malaikat’s post is spot on. If it’s a question of MIB’s or treasure hunting, I heavily favor treasure hunting. You can recall right to the spot and get to work. The other guys laid out the benefits of Tmapping/picking pretty well.

With MIB’s you have the built in time sink of getting to the spot which skews it heavily in the favor of Tmapping/picking. Ironically, I dock my boat every time and use Tmap runes to get me closest to the next MIB to cut down on the time sink. It can be more efficient if you are doing 10 or more MIB’s to just keep your boat in the water, but I rarely do that many at a time so dry docking and hitting a rune library is best.

MIB is basically risk free much like lvl 1 Tmaps. So typically I have a second screen/account up for MIB’s. It’s never my main activity as watching dolphins swim by while peaceful, is not my idea of a good way to spend 10 minutes. If I hit a monster, I’ll just hide the active player for a few seconds and take care of business.

So basically, you can do both at the same time with your MIB guy on a second account. I don’t recommend lvl 4’s or 5’s or the silver serpent islands when making a MIB run though. Too many things can go wrong. Lvl 4 dungeon chests work really well though as you are constantly switching between dangerous spots (chest) and safe spots (bank). When you hit the safe spot, just check in on the MIB guy and see if he needs to change direction or dispatch an Ele, etc.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin