Bearded Lady Bug

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bearded Lady Bug

Post by Soma »

From what I remember it was in place in T2A, was it removed or did no one like the bearded ladies?
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bearded Lady Bug

Post by RoadKill »

Soma wrote:From what I remember it was in place in T2A, was it removed or did no one like the bearded ladies?
You mean using a facial cream on a female to gain a beard? It was around right after CUB, so it should be available here, if it isn't.. that's a damn shame!

I even have a screenshot of the first bearded PC "lady" I ever saw in UO on my hard drive still.

Image properties... "Wednesday, October 27, 1999, 4:48:50 PM"
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Bot

Post by Bot »

Naw... how i member it.. you would first start as a male with a beard.. then if you can get a sex change deed you would change ur sex type and then the beard would still be there on the female. idk mayb it was thee other way.. but this is how i member it.. mayb it was just from other player run servers.
Bag Of Tricks

"I smoke sick beats... For medicinal purposes."

platy

Post by platy »

Bot wrote:Naw... how i member it.. you would first start as a male with a beard.. then if you can get a sex change deed you would change ur sex type and then the beard would still be there on the female. idk mayb it was thee other way.. but this is how i member it.. mayb it was just from other player run servers.
I asked Derrick a LONG time ago about this.. but I never followed up
Either way, to do it (back on OSI) you had to be a female char, polymorph into a male char, then use the facial hair deed: would stay on you after you unpolymorphed.. Was fixed fairly quickly, hence only a few per shard (if any) had it.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Bot wrote:Naw... how i member it.. you would first start as a male with a beard.. then if you can get a sex change deed you would change ur sex type and then the beard would still be there on the female. idk mayb it was thee other way.. but this is how i member it.. mayb it was just from other player run servers.
Sex Deeds were not an OSI thing.. so you're thinking about another free shard

platy wrote: I asked Derrick a LONG time ago about this.. but I never followed up
Either way, to do it (back on OSI) you had to be a female char, polymorph into a male char, then use the facial hair deed: would stay on you after you unpolymorphed.. Was fixed fairly quickly, hence only a few per shard (if any) had it.
This sounds about right, there were a lot of bugs back then involving Polymorph and Incognito
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Screenshot from 11/3/2008 on UOSA
SS20081103.jpg

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Will the incognito/facial deed work on this shard?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Will the incognito/facial deed work on this shard?
Uhoh bearded MatronDeWinter, I didn't think you could get any cooler.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

lol
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

RoadKill wrote:
Sex Deeds were not an OSI thing.. so you're thinking about another free shard

platy wrote: I asked Derrick a LONG time ago about this.. but I never followed up
This sounds about right, there were a lot of bugs back then involving Polymorph and Incognito
You could change skin color as well using those two spells.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

You mean there aren't any bearded ladybugs?

I guess my dream of insects with facial hair will remain just that. :(
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!